Early Odds

longtimer

Read somewhere on line at 21.5 with an over under of 35
I think we will need some breaks to cover the spread and I'm afraid Michigan is likely to score more than 35

They are really better at every position especially with all the key injuries. We just don't have any playmakers left and Hill could have a very long day. We have a very good defense but we haven't played anyone other than maybe Penn State. I just don't see offense doing anything making it a long day for the defense.

Even with our stout defense if it just a two score deficit at half time we will be fortunate.

Nebraska is not good and our offense was actually a tad better than usual but Michigan is going to the final four and highly likely the championship game against Geogia.

Read somewhere on line at 21.5 with an over under of 35
I think we will need some breaks to cover the spread and I'm afraid Michigan is likely to score more than 35

They are really better at every position especially with all the key injuries. We just don't have any playmakers left and Hill could have a very long day. We have a very good defense but we haven't played anyone other than maybe Penn State. I just don't see offense doing anything making it a long day for the defense.
I don’t give a flying f…about the spread. Totally meaningless unless you are dumb enough to bet on college games. Good grief.

Let's set aside doom and gloom. What is it going to take?

Obviously have to win the turnover battle.
Have to score anytime in the red zone (means not missing FGs)
Bust a couple of big plays.
Have some gadget plays for this game. Why hold back?
Tory continues to be Tory.
Defense has to get off the field on 3rd down. Can't bottle up Corum to only give up a pass to wide open tight end.

1700969893951.png

Last edited:
I don't see how Iowa will be able to move the ball at all, let alone score points. We've seen this movie before. Iowa's D will be on the field all game. I'd be surprised if Hill doesn't throw a pick or two. The snowball will get rolling and it will turn into a rout.

Michigan scored 30 against OSU. How much more will they score against a team who's offense is absent? I'll say 50.

Michigan rushed for 4.0 per attempt and 156 total yards against OSU, how much more will they gain against a team that can't run more than 3 plays before giving it back to them?

I want Kirk to say out loud "Hi I'm Kirk, I have an offense problem" I'm not sure that he really believes he has had an offense problem for most of these years.

I don't see how Iowa will be able to move the ball at all, let alone score points. We've seen this movie before. Iowa's D will be on the field all game. I'd be surprised if Hill doesn't throw a pick or two. The snowball will get rolling and it will turn into a rout.
While I believe that is a very accurate statement I sincerely hope that you are incorrect. The offense has been a little better. If they can get some first downs to give our defense some rest and probably more importantly flip the field we have a chance. Of course we can’t turn the ball over. I think being indoors is good for the Hawks because I think our best player will excel in a dome.

Nebby played their utmost against us. We get to start even vs Michigan. After that the refs take over.

The league owes us the minny game. If they had any integrity they would step up and give it to us.

I had a thought this morning: I think Michigan could run the ball every play of the game, and win Saturday night. 70 plays x 5 yds/carry = 350 yds and probably 28-35 pts. Iowa's DLine is undersized, and they ran the ball on one drive vs OSU nearly every play for a TD. Penn State had that run-heavy plan vs Iowa this year and won 31-0. Of course the Fighting Harbaughs won't do that on Sat, unfortunately, and the score will more likely be along the lines of the championship game with them back in 2021: Michigan 42-3, in a game where the Wolverines outgained the Hawks 461-211. Iowa actually had 15 First Downs, which is likely more than we'll have Sat night. That 2021 game was unusual for a college game, because there were zero turnovers.

There is no rational way to make an argument for Iowa being competitive in this one, so I will make an irrational argument. I gotta think the entire B1G footprint will be cheering for us (minus Michigan, and maybe Nebraska). Also, Michigan is going to have awful karma with Harbaugh back on the sideline. That's all I got.

Iowa wins by the D giving the effort for the ages. It’s close in the 4th they will crack before us.

Deacon is going to uncork his best long ball of the year and throw a bomb with zeros on the clock to win it 7-6.