LSU clearly better team today

Turn about is fair play, I had no issues with the other team talking shit.

We cheer for the biggest showboat and shit talker in the game, when she gets it back, imo, it's fair and comes with the territory. Caitlin swings a big stick, she can also shoulder it when it swings back.
Showboating is one thing.. following another player around calling her a "hoe" and then gesturing at her is beyond showboating.

Showboating is one thing.. following another player around calling her a "hoe" and then gesturing at her is beyond showboating.
I have not seen the video, please share but from what I personally saw, didn't take a lot of issue with it. I could definitely be convinced otherwise if you have something that shows it going over the top

I still don't understand the uproar over what Reese did. Is it poor sportsmanship, probably, but so what. Good sportsmanship is long gone. Watch an Iowa wrestling match and see how both wrestlers act towards each other, the other coaches, the other fans, etc. We don't say anything (especially if it's our wrestler or coaches). The NFL has poor sportsmanship and we love it (if it's our team). Baseball has bat flips after home runs, and we love it (if it's our team). NASCAR drivers and hockey players get into fights, and we love it. I also think the optics of a taller black woman taunting a smaller white woman has triggered a lot of people and making this a not so subtle race thing, when it was just modern day athlete behavior.

Also, Reese knew exactly what she was doing, and it's paying off by her getting tons of exposure now, which will translate into NIL money. So good for her.
This wasn’t a black-white thing between players IMO (unless the “hoe” comment is real). But incredibly poor sportsmanship that should be controlled by the coaches. And to vouch for it because other sports is weak as hell. Poor sportsmanship is poor sportsmanship regardless of the sport. If coaches don’t control it then the refs will. Having said that, a championship game is a really poor place to start that control. That’s where my issue lies

I need to find it... clark like tries to walk away and Reese just follows her around.

Here it is

I couldn't make her out to be saying "Hoe" and IMO, that was still during the game. If you are going to be the cockiest player in the country best be prepared to get that shit thrown back in your face tenfold. That video didn't change my mind really but that's just my opinion personally.

Having said that, a championship game is a really poor place to start that control. That’s where my issue lies
Maybe in the grand scheme of things it's a perfect place to start it. We weren't going to win that game anyway, maybe being on a national stage was enough of a wake up call to Clark to keep her stuff under control in the future and avoid the situations of having "you can't see me" put back in your face.

I couldn't make her out to be saying "Hoe" and IMO, that was still during the game. If you are going to be the cockiest player in the country best be prepared to get that shit thrown back in your face tenfold. That video didn't change my mind really but that's just my opinion personally.
Looked like she said, "Yo," to me, but I'm not a pro lip reader.

LSU was clearly the better team but they were definitely aided by circumstances. One important way to beat Iowa is the take Caitlin out of the game and fair or not fair, right or wrong, CC spent more time on the bench yesterday then any other game I can remember. I'm not blaming the refs, but like, it would have been nice to see Caitlin get a legit shot at beating LSU....she wasn't afforded that for whatever reason.

there is a close up of when she calls her hoe.... as clark is walking away... its hard to say 100%

It may not change your mind.. but Clark has never followed another player around..

That narrative is a false equivalency

You might want to go back to twitter and get the clip of CC basically telling Raven Johnson that she doesn’t need to worry about guarding her.
I saw that as a tactic to try to get the girl to shoot.. and during the game i understand its heat of the moment type stuff.

But to follow another player around after the game is over is the definition of trying to do too much.

I know we Iowa folks love white girls who talk trash, make the John Cena hand gesture out on the court and we champion all of her shoulder shrugs and trash talk all over the court....but when a black girl does the same shit, "well, obviously she said hoe"

like it or not, that is how this is playing out publicly and please keep in mind we don't have that sparkling record with confident, young African American players as it is at Iowa.

right or wrong, it's a bad look to say the least.

I'll have to find the pic of Reese Flipping off the iowa crowd before the game...
Saw Pat Angerer flip off a big group of opposing fans walking back in the tunnel after warmups one time with my own eyes. Are you going to now say that dude is an ignorant thug asshole? Because I've met him and he isn't.

Doesn't matter if it's a man or woman or white person or non-white. If you're gonna call it one way you have to call it both.

Also ITT, a lot of people who have never played organized sports.

You might want to go back to twitter and get the clip of CC basically telling Raven Johnson that she doesn’t need to worry about guarding her.
But that would kill the narrative of Clark never trash talking...why would he want to do that?

There is difference between what Clark did and what Reese did. Clark doesn't follow players around taunting. All of her antics are to the crowd to get them fired up. If you don't think pretty much all of Clark's antics are calculated you naïve.

Yes, the technical was huge because it was also her 4th foul. It was a 9 point game at that point with 1 min left in the 3rd. It totally changed the rest of the game. It was a weak technical, what Coach Kim was doing all game showed up the refs way more than what Caitlyn did
Yeah. But the basic difference between the actions of Clark and Reese doesn’t fit the narrative of…well, just read the comments here.

Latest posts