James Resar Commits to Iowa Football

Love the highlight film. What's he doing at 0:35 and 1:35? Are QB's allowed to do that? If they are, I like it. ;)

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 3.10.01 PM.png

A flying 10 is where you have a build up run of about 20 yards to get to full speed. You're then clocked for your next 10 yards.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 3.11.05 PM.png

It is when you are running for your life... :)

I wish I had a great Flying 10 time back in the day running from the cops once, but I apparently didn't. Hauled down to the cop shop in the back of a cruiser only to end up getting a slap on the hand after my father came down to get me. Oh the memories.

View attachment 10015

A flying 10 is where you have a build up run of about 20 yards to get to full speed. You're then clocked for your next 10 yards.

View attachment 10016
He's gotta be bigger then 205 now with him being 6'4. Look at the muscle tone on that dude. He's about to become Tim Tebow if he keeps it up in the weight room. I'm shocked the kid doesn't have a wider range of offers. Being a FL kid that can run like that with the size he has I would think even if they don't want him at QB they'd find somewhere to put him. Don't get me wrong if he ends up playing QB for us I'll be tickled pink. Let's just see how it plays out.

Since the Proctor debacle and with how whatever this new modern way or recruiting goes down I'll believe a stud recruit is a Hawkeye once they are in the swarm running out of the tunnel.

Since the Proctor debacle and with how whatever this new modern way or recruiting goes down I'll believe a stud recruit is a Hawkeye once they are in the swarm running out of the tunnel.
Yep. Unfortunately anything to do with recruiting is a "maybe" until the first snap in September.

Yep. Unfortunately anything to do with recruiting is a "maybe" until the first snap in September.
Yeah even signing doesn't mean shit. It means the odds are a little better but how many kids signed and then flipped? There's been some of that going on too. It's just the wild west out there now. I'm kinda curious about how the collectives and NIL deals kinda work. I mean are these kids getting significant cold hard cash just to say yes before signing day and then get to keep it when they renege? I'm sure these collectives are protecting themselves from that sort of thing I would think. But I haven't kept up with it to know if anyone has been burned on it

Yeah even signing doesn't mean shit. It means the odds are a little better but how many kids signed and then flipped? There's been some of that going on too. It's just the wild west out there now. I'm kinda curious about how the collectives and NIL deals kinda work. I mean are these kids getting significant cold hard cash just to say yes before signing day and then get to keep it when they renege? I'm sure these collectives are protecting themselves from that sort of thing I would think. But I haven't kept up with it to know if anyone has been burned on it
I should clarify that I’m not questioning this kid’s integrity; I have no reason to say he’s not going to stay committed. I was just talking in a general sense for college football as a whole.

I should clarify that I’m not questioning this kid’s integrity; I have no reason to say he’s not going to stay committed. I was just talking in a general sense for college football as a whole.
Of course we don't know this kid or any of em hardly. Just looking at where he's from and all one would think it's logical that if ACC and SEC schools started banging down his door offering he'd have 2nd thoughts. He didn't grow up a Hawk fan or have ties to the school I assume. Recruiting now is just 24-7 including the 3-5 yrs you have them.

247 just switched his position from Quarterback to Athlete. He is a 4 star and is the 22nd ranked athlete in the nation. Is there something to this?

Latest posts