Iowa Men worse performing team in the NCAAs as the higher seed since 2013-2023

You won't get banned. If it comes to that you'll just get posting privileges turned off so we can see you still coming back to the site 13 times a day afterwards.

Actually it might be fun to do like a 2 week trial run of that. We can all lay bets down to the over under of the number of logins after asking to get banned and saying you're leaving. Last time you're excuse was that your computer and phone were logging in automatically...yeeeeaaaahhhh.......

Based on prior history in your last three or four "episodes," I'm putting the O/U at 27 per day.
You really should have a way to self delete accounts. You can do it. You just won't.

It's incomprehensible to think the Hawks have only moved forward to the 2nd weekend in the NCAA Tournament once in the past 35 years...ugh! Not a good look...

Facts is facts. We stink when we hit the tourney, not a mystery. Polar opposite of the Big Ten National Tourney savior Mich State. They move on nearly every year, playing above their ranking. Definitely coaching difference here as root cause, as much as I like our own stare down Fran . Very bad vs very good.
You don't think Michigan State recruits at a higher level then Iowa?

Facts is facts. We stink when we hit the tourney, not a mystery. Polar opposite of the Big Ten National Tourney savior Mich State. They move on nearly every year, playing above their ranking. Definitely coaching difference here as root cause, as much as I like our own stare down Fran . Very bad vs very good.
I think the biggest difference is they are a physical team while we tend to be much more finesse. Physical play doesn't affect their game as much as it does ours and I think that's a huge advantage in their favor come March.

Absolutely right about the recruiting but I think it has just as much to do with the type of player they bring in as opposed to simply pulling in higher recruits. That said the type of player you bring in and the skillsets they possess are alot easier to find as a national brand that recruits at a higher level.

Yes I do but I look at where we're ranked, how we performed during regular season and head to head with Sparty. It still says coaching to me for the biggest turnaround come Natty time. Izzo is good.

Yes I do but I look at where we're ranked, how we performed during regular season and head to head with Sparty. It still says coaching to me for the biggest turnaround come Natty time. Izzo is good.
He's likely the best coach in the game, so yeah. He also recruits at a much higher level, which ultimately lands on Fran as well. I just mean, if you have better ingredients every year, it doesn't take a lot of coaching to beat teams weaker than you. Izzo is one of the best coaches of college basketball history - it's hard to judged on his scale and that goes for every coach in the country, Fran, and probably 98% of every coach out there doesn't have the resume Izzo has.

It's called the Francon Level. Google that. It's a thing, especially with other fan bases. lol.

He's likely the best coach in the game, so yeah. He also recruits at a much higher level, which ultimately lands on Fran as well. I just mean, if you have better ingredients every year, it doesn't take a lot of coaching to beat teams weaker than you. Izzo is one of the best coaches of college basketball history - it's hard to judged on his scale and that goes for every coach in the country, Fran, and probably 98% of every coach out there doesn't have the resume Izzo has.
Yep, agree. I'm not whining, just stating the facts. Fran has been good for Iowa but like most of us here, would like to see him take a step up in his elder years that gets us into round 2. Baby steps. Even old dogs can learn new tricks. Not many, but some can.

I personally think Fran's best teams at Iowa are still in front of him. I know I am in the minority. We lose a SHIT ton this season and I still fully expect Iowa to be a bubble team next year and that's not just wishful thinking or being optimistic, it's expected. Fran has raised expectations of the program. Getting to the dance isn't enough now which is a great spot to be in and it indicates a very healthy and consistent program. They are not elite, but their offense is and their player development is and they have a lot to sell. If you play at Iowa, pretty good shot you're going to the NCAA tournament multiple years. Just based off of this thread, that's more of a gamble at a lot of other schools.

You really should have a way to self delete accounts. You can do it. You just won't.
You would just re-register under a different account. That's the whole idea of not being able to "self-delete" accounts. It's not a unique idea on this forum, either.

If you truly want to go, go. It isn't anyone's job to try and save you from your addiction, especially when we know you'll just come back under a different account.

You would just re-register under a different account. That's the whole idea of not being able to "self-delete" accounts. It's not a unique idea on this forum, either.

If you truly want to go, go. Don't log in again if you want to leave. It isn't anyone's job to try and save you from your addiction, especially when we know you'll just come back under a different account.

Latest posts