The Official Early Judgement Day: Iowa's latest attempt at a Sweet 16 run goes through Pearl or is once again in Peril, Auburn vs Iowa Game Thread

HaydenHawk56

1678935103957.png
Is Year 13 of the Fran Era finally the year? Will the 1999 curse be broken?

1678935222328.png

Will Iowa bombs away (hit them 3s) like the Japanese on Pearl Harbor?

or will Bruce Drop the big one on his former team giving us more heart break and frustration?

giphy.gif

Go Hawks!!!

Attachments

• 1678935300388.png
    1678935300388.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 2
A worry I have is that they held Alabama's Brandan Miller to a total of 8 baskets in 2 games. He's a 6'9" wing, who Bruce Pearl compared to Kris Murray. If they shut him down or slow him down, others will have to step up. It may also mean we won't score as much and we'll have to play some defense. Hopefully I'm wrong as usual.

Filled in multiple brackets on espn bracketology. Now, tell me truthfully, did anyone else have Iowa winning it all on at least one bracket!? I mean, you have to have one wish to the basketball gods, or it will not happen.............
I only pick teams like Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, etc so if they lose, I'm fine with my bracket getting busted. Heck, I didn't even pick Iowa women to the Final Four in any of my ESPN brackets.

Every team has complained about tight rims at their shoot arounds. I’m not expecting very many made shots

I only pick teams like Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, etc so if they lose, I'm fine with my bracket getting busted. Heck, I didn't even pick Iowa women to the Final Four in any of my ESPN brackets.
I just cant pick Ky or Duke this year. I do not like either program. I did, however, pick Iowa for the F4 for the womans.........

Filled in multiple brackets on espn bracketology. Now, tell me truthfully, did anyone else have Iowa winning it all on at least one bracket!? I mean, you have to have one wish to the basketball gods, or it will not happen.............
I had one bracket for $5 in one of the office pools where I had Iowa beating Creighton in the finals and the total points were 182. It was worth the chuckle.

If the Hawks shoot very well and do their typical lazziz Faire defensive effort, they may go a around in. If poor shooting too, one and done.

I had Iowa winning opening game, then losing.
Purdue in Final-4.
Also riding MSU and Illinois pretty hard

A worry I have is that they held Alabama's Brandan Miller to a total of 8 baskets in 2 games. He's a 6'9" wing, who Bruce Pearl compared to Kris Murray. If they shut him down or slow him down, others will have to step up. It may also mean we won't score as much and we'll have to play some defense. Hopefully I'm wrong as usual.

What got me worried is hearing about the "tight rims" in Birmingham. This coupled with Auburn being ranked #5 in 3 pt. defensive %. Cripes.

What exactly is a "tight rim" and how exactly is that measured?

From playing b-ball in the past, one can tell a rim is tight when warming up and often by the sound when a ball hits the rim, or actually lack of sound. The ball will just fly off a tight rim and doesn't have much give. Watch the high bounces off the rim and rebounding. When a rim is loose and gives a bit more a ball can die on it a little better. Adjustments can be made either way.

Actually, in these early tourney games, watch how the bounces off the rim messes up the timing of the rebounding when the players try to time their jumps.

Last edited:

Latest posts