Have to admit...

Yes, 46% for a PG is respectful, but a lot of her points come on layup drives to the basket. Many if not most of those easy buckets go away in the WNBA. If she can reduce her TOs, I think her passing ability will be one of the things that will be most valuable for her at the next level.

I call BS on this one. She is being called a once in a generation player. I think her ability to see the court and dish out assists has to be put into perspective. She is also going to be playing with other great players and teams can't just focus on her like in college as much. I just don't see the fall off being that much where she wouldn't be productive on a team. Just my thoughts.
I think the sentiment was more that college play doesn't always translate to the pros. Kind of like how Gustafson was POY and hasn't really made a mark in WNBA. Garza's a little bit same type of deal.
Again, I know nothing about WNBA

I think the sentiment was more that college play doesn't always translate to the pros. Kind of like how Gustafson was POY and hasn't really made a mark in WNBA. Garza's a little bit same type of deal.
Again, I know nothing about WNBA

Yea, I know what they were saying and I can't say it's wrong at this point. Gustafson is the one I always think about to. But, her post play doesn't translate well because the game is different, much like Garza. Both them were players of the year pretty much. I think with Clark it is a bit different because her game translates and evolves and she brings a nice rounded game. I want to see what she can do with other WNBA stars on the court. That actually might benefit her more.

Shooting wide open with nobody in her face... may be the best shooter or not.

My sister and I went to the same university and we'd go down and take on guys 2 on 2. She was a 6 on 6 star. 3 seconds and 2 dribbles. Her first step was the fastest I'd ever seen from anyone. We'd smoke almost everyone and it wasn't because of me, not that I was bad. She was an inch shorter than me at 5-9.

Crowded spaces against guys 5 on 5.... no she couldn't do it. Wasn't bad, but nothing noteworthy. She loved driving or pullup jumpers within 12 feet.

In the WNBA, the athleticism will be a real challenge for Kaitlin. The ave height in NCAA D1 is 5-6. In the WNBA it's 6 ft.

My sister and I went to the same university and we'd go down and take on guys 2 on 2. She was a 6 on 6 star. 3 seconds and 2 dribbles. Her first step was the fastest I'd ever seen from anyone. We'd smoke almost everyone and it wasn't because of me, not that I was bad. She was an inch shorter than me at 5-9.

Crowded spaces against guys 5 on 5.... no she couldn't do it. Wasn't bad, but nothing noteworthy. She loved driving or pullup jumpers within 12 feet.

In the WNBA, the athleticism will be a real challenge for Kaitlin. The ave height in NCAA D1 is 5-6. In the WNBA it's 6 ft.
Two points.

1) Her name is spelled Caitlin. If your gunna comment on her athleticism, you better get it right.
2) Caitlin is 6' 0", so your point is moot.

Do you even research info before you post??????

What is your point?

Oh, and stating what you and your sister did against regular Joes and Janes at the college rec center doesn't really make any point.

I doubt the current roster of top 25 women's team have an average height list in the 5'6" range. The Hawkeye women average a little over 6 feet. Iowa's tallest is 6'4". Most of the top programs have ladies in the 6'5 to 6'7"range.

I think the question as to whether or not Caitlin's game translates to the next level is a legitimate one. There have been numerous men's and women's dominant basketball players over the years that didn't. It's a different level of athleticism.

My guess with Caitlin is that she will be successful, but she will need to get stronger and play with more discipline. Sue Bird had a long successful career, and, other than Bird being more disciplined with her floor game, Caitlin has her beat in terms of the remaining skill-set.

I remember during the Penn St game (at Penn St) a young girl had a sign that said "I want to play basketball like Caitlin Clark, but, I bleed blue and white". What a testament and compliment for an player. She represents the University of Iowa so well. All the women players do actually, high quality.
You may not have caught it, but there was a clip following the Ohio State game in Columbus, where we had just beaten #2. There was a long line of girls, all waiting for Caitlin's autograph. ALL of them were wearing Buckeye red. Some of the parents standing with them were smiling, some were frowning big-time. But those girls all recognized what a special phenom Caitlin Clark is.

How special? My parents are in their 80's and live near Atlanta, GA. My Dad maybe has had a passing interest in Iowa basketball through the years. But my mother has never been known to care about it even a little bit. Now neither one ever misses an Iowa women's game. And Mom is the one in front of the TV well before the game even begins.

You may not have caught it, but there was a clip following the Ohio State game in Columbus, where we had just beaten #2. There was a long line of girls, all waiting for Caitlin's autograph. ALL of them were wearing Buckeye red. Some of the parents standing with them were smiling, some were frowning big-time. But those girls all recognized what a special phenom Caitlin Clark is.

How special? My parents are in their 80's and live near Atlanta, GA. My Dad maybe has had a passing interest in Iowa basketball through the years. But my mother has never been known to care about it even a little bit. Now neither one ever misses an Iowa women's game. And Mom is the one in front of the TV well before the game even begins.
?????

Have no idea what happened there. Let me try to repost: "You may not have caught it, but there was a clip following the Ohio State game in Columbus, where we had just beaten #2. There was a long line of girls, all waiting for Caitlin's autograph. ALL of them were wearing Buckeye red. Some of the parents standing with them were smiling, some were frowning big-time. But those girls all recognized what a special phenom Caitlin Clark is.

How special? My parents are in their 80's and live near Atlanta, GA. My Dad maybe has had a passing interest in Iowa basketball through the years. But my mother has never been known to care about it even a little bit. Now neither one ever misses an Iowa women's game. And Mom is the one in front of the TV well before the game even begins."

Have no idea what happened there. Let me try to repost: "You may not have caught it, but there was a clip following the Ohio State game in Columbus, where we had just beaten #2. There was a long line of girls, all waiting for Caitlin's autograph. ALL of them were wearing Buckeye red. Some of the parents standing with them were smiling, some were frowning big-time. But those girls all recognized what a special phenom Caitlin Clark is.

How special? My parents are in their 80's and live near Atlanta, GA. My Dad maybe has had a passing interest in Iowa basketball through the years. But my mother has never been known to care about it even a little bit. Now neither one ever misses an Iowa women's game. And Mom is the one in front of the TV well before the game even begins."

That's cool. Both paragraphs. Just proves people of all ages and generations are catching wind of this.

Thanks.

Have not watched any WNBA but I dont for a second think there’s any way she doesn’t make it. Iowa probably would not be ranked if she wasn’t on the team. Watch her. She’s not just a scorer. The best part of her game is her passing ability. She would average so many assists if the players around her were better. The narrative that she makes most of her points on layups is absurd. You almost have to begin guarding her at half court. She would open up the court for her teammates. I could be wrong but I think y’all are crazy with a capital C if you think she can’t play in the WNBA.

Wide open with nobody in her face? Have you ever watched her? They pick her up at half court. Sometimes sending two or even three players at her. Today against the number two team in the country she had the game winning shot, 34 points, 9 assists and 9 rebounds. Do you know what I thought? I thought it was an average game by her standards. It was average for her. Let that sink in.

Wide open with nobody in her face? Have you ever watched her? They pick her up at half court. Sometimes sending two or even three players at her. Today against the number two team in the country she had the game winning shot, 34 points, 9 assists and 9 rebounds. Do you know what I thought? I thought it was an average game by her standards. It was average for her. Let that sink in.
Time will tell.

I have a coworker who follows WNBA pretty close because he had a relative play at one time.

He doesn't think she'll translate to the pros because the reason she scores so much is because she shoots a ton. I have no dog in the fight because I have never watched a WNBA game in my life, but I looked and she's 2nd in scoring in D1, but 124th in FG%. My coworker said there's no way she's going to be able to get off even close to the number of shots in the WNBA. I have no idea.

I get the reservation about how a player translates to the next level, but I don't see any way she is NOT a WNBA star.

Her shooting is otherworldly. If she shot exclusively catch-and-shoot 3s, she would absolutely be shooting over 50% from distance. As it is, I guarantee no one in the country (men or women) take 3-ptrs with a higher degree of difficulty than her, and she is still hitting 38% on huge volume.

But her strongest asset is her passing. She has a vision and court sense that is rare. Combine that with her being 6' tall with a great handle, and she has the ability to throw one-handed passes off the dribble that just make you shake your head. I have never seen anyone better at feeding the post, and her cross-court passes are like something from LeBron, you hardly ever see that in the women's game.

Her game will have to change at the next level. She will need to demonstrate more restraint. And although she is a strong driver in college, that will be more difficult in the pros. She will also need to improve off the ball. But she has 2 elite skills (shooting and passing), and those players always rise.

I get the reservation about how a player translates to the next level, but I don't see any way she is NOT a WNBA star.

Her shooting is otherworldly. If she shot exclusively catch-and-shoot 3s, she would absolutely be shooting over 50% from distance. As it is, I guarantee no one in the country (men or women) take 3-ptrs with a higher degree of difficulty than her, and she is still hitting 38% on huge volume.

But her strongest asset is her passing. She has a vision and court sense that is rare. Combine that with her being 6' tall with a great handle, and she has the ability to throw one-handed passes off the dribble that just make you shake your head. I have never seen anyone better at feeding the post, and her cross-court passes are like something from LeBron, you hardly ever see that in the women's game.

Her game will have to change at the next level. She will need to demonstrate more restraint. And although she is a strong driver in college, that will be more difficult in the pros. She will also need to improve off the ball. But she has 2 elite skills (shooting and passing), and those players always rise.

My only counter to this is that there will be a tremendous amount of pressure on her to be the face of the league. This is still a league where half of the teams take commercial flights to games. Will she be transcendent enough at the WNBA level to make people care?

We'll find out in a couple years.