Who’s Going To Wrigley?

Meh, football games in baseball stadiums just seem to be a bad idea. The sight lines are bad and seating is limited. If your goal is to watch a game at Wrigley, you have 82 Cubs games a year to choose from.

Still, if the game was in September or October, I might still consider it. But of course the problem is you have to wait until November after the baseball is done. The weather might be nice that day, so guess you could chance it. It just seems like there are better months to visit Chicago.
Agreed.

One of the reasons the Pinstripe bowl sucks.

Also, remember powers-who-be at Wrigley wanted a yearly bowl game there? I believe Wrigley wanted like a 3-4 seed B1G team to play. Schools stated they'd much rather go to a warm-weather destination. The Cubs then refused to consider a lower-tier B1G team. Game over.

Meh, football games in baseball stadiums just seem to be a bad idea. The sight lines are bad and seating is limited. If your goal is to watch a game at Wrigley, you have 82 Cubs games a year to choose from.

Still, if the game was in September or October, I might still consider it. But of course the problem is you have to wait until November after the baseball is done. The weather might be nice that day, so guess you could chance it. It just seems like there are better months to visit Chicago.
Watching the game isn't the point.

If watching the game was the point no one would go to games period. You can stay home and see it on a 65" screen with cheap food, cheap beer, a pisser 10' away, and a pause button for said pisser.

Watching the game isn't the point.

If watching the game was the point no one would go to games period. You can stay home and see it on a 65" screen with cheap food, cheap beer, a pisser 10' away, and a pause button for said pisser.
Gotta go upstairs to piss at our house. Or whip it out the double doors.

LOL

When our youngest moves out we're moving the office to his downstairs bedroom, then putting a downstairs bathroom where the office was.

In the meantime....

They used to play a bowl game in San Francisco in the Giants baseball stadium. Both team benches were on the same side of the field. The sidelines were so pinched in places that you were sure someone was going to get hurt. But Northwestern is building a new stadium and I am guessing that is why they are playing the game in Wrigley. Why did they not use soldier field? The league should intervene.

They used to play a bowl game in San Francisco in the Giants baseball stadium. Both team benches were on the same side of the field. The sidelines were so pinched in places that you were sure someone was going to get hurt. But Northwestern is building a new stadium and I am guessing that is why they are playing the game in Wrigley. Why did they not use soldier field? The league should intervene.

Wasn't Candlestick one of the parks that was built to host home games for both the Giants and 49'ers?

I might consider coming because I really enjoy Chicago. I would have to fly there, so I'm not sure I'll do it. Having said that, Chicago would be a great city to fly to without a car, stay downtown, and take the redline to addision. Super convenient and can also hang out downtown. Tempting but expensive for a weekend, for me.

Northwestern will do anything to avoid playing in their own stadium.
Ireland.
Now, the rattiest stadium in professional sports.
I mean, it's a lovely place for baseball. And it'll be unique and stuff.

But as a stadium...not a baseball stadium...
It's ratty.

Odd that they don't play at Soldier Field. When the new place in Arlington Heights gets built, this place is gonna set empty.

Odd that they don't play at Soldier Field. When the new place in Arlington Heights gets built, this place is gonna set empty.
Arlington Heights?

They're putting the new stadium right where the current one is.

EDIT: Never mind. I thought you were talking about the new NW stadium.

Last edited:
Arlington Heights?

They're putting the new stadium right where the current one is.

I think he means the Bears. They bought the horse track facility in Arlington Heights and are supposedly going to build a monster facility out there.

Latest posts