Who’s Going To Wrigley?

Fryowa

Administrator
The home schedule sucks ass this year so I’m gonna go with my tailgate neighbors and a buddy of mine.

Probably sell a couple home games to offset it.

Don't they play a goofy field position game where they only go one way?
Back when they did it in 2010 they had an issue with space so they only used one endzone.

They changes some seating and reconfigured the dugouts since then and they fit the whole field in now.

The home schedule sucks ass this year so I’m gonna go with my tailgate neighbors and a buddy of mine.

Probably sell a couple home games to offset it.
Don't know what your budget is, but theres some great AirBnB's withing walking distance of Wrigley.

Or if you stay near O Hare the blue line takes you into downtown, then you switch to the red line and get off a block from Wrigley

Don't know what your budget is, but theres some great AirBnB's withing walking distance of Wrigley.

Or if you stay near O Hare the blue line takes you into downtown, then you switch to the red line and get off a block from Wrigley
Yeah I'm not sure what the plan is yet. Tickets might be ungodly expensive for all I know.

My preference is to make the trip as cheap as possible so I'm guessing if we went we'd be staying at some ultra sketchy Super 8 in Chicago Heights that smells like regret and pool chlorine.

Back when they did it in 2010 they had an issue with space so they only used one endzone.

They changes some seating and reconfigured the dugouts since then and they fit the whole field in now.
Back in the day, I once played on a HS basketball court that had 5 sides. The gym was so small that one corner of the court was cut off a few ft to get the court in. This was a HS court but I was playing junior high ball at the time. That school has since consolidated with the school I grew up in.

$5 to the first person who can state the town this school was in.

Yeah I'm not sure what the plan is yet. Tickets might be ungodly expensive for all I know.

My preference is to make the trip as cheap as possible so I'm guessing if we went we'd be staying at some ultra sketchy Super 8 in Chicago Heights that smells like regret and pool chlorine.

I once stayed in a hotel on the south side of Chicago when in town for a basketball tournament. Some teammates of mine and me were playing cards at the small jenky table and as the night went on someone finally noticed a f'ing mushroom that had grown in the corner of the hotel room from the carpet. It was a good 5-6" tall and white. I shit you not. The stalk was at least an inch in diameter. There must have been a spore there and the humidity must have been perfect. Wish we had cell phones and cameras back then.

Back in the day, I once played on a HS basketball court that had 5 sides. The gym was so small that one corner of the court was cut off a few ft to get the court in. This was a HS court but I was playing junior high ball at the time. That school has since consolidated with the school I grew up in.

Alfraud's old mansion?

I once stayed in a hotel on the south side of Chicago when in town for a basketball tournament. Some teammates of mine and me were playing cards at the small jenky table and as the night went on someone finally noticed a f'ing mushroom that had grown in the corner of the hotel room from the carpet. It was a good 5-6" tall and white. I shit you not. The stalk was at least an inch in diameter. There must have been a spore there and the humidity must have been perfect. Wish we had cell phones and cameras back then.
Sketchy motels are kinda an adventure. As a guy who worked on the road 7 days a week for quite a while I’ve seen some janky shit.

South O’Brien’s gym in Paullina is still one of the old ones with the stage on one side. They use it for their auditorium. It’s not regulation width and the out of bounds is the edge of the room on that side, they have a line on the floor about 6” from the wall. There isn’t enough room to stand all the way out of bounds because it’s a cinder block wall.

Been to several middle school basketball games where it was hot enough that they had all the outside doors open…no A/C in the building.

It’s kinda cool in an old timey way.

I coached a bb game in Forbes ND where there were poles holding up the ceiling that were 4 feet from the line and about 25 feet in from the end line. Was a hitching post outside as well. My HS had a great gym and school. Pretty good BB too overall for the size. Lot's of tall strong German/Russians

1675813979285.png

I coached a bb game in Forbes ND where there were poles holding up the ceiling that were 4 feet from the line and about 25 feet in from the end line. Was a hitching post outside as well. My HS had a great gym and school. Pretty good BB too overall for the size. Lot's of tall strong German/Russians

View attachment 9836
Wow, u coached in Dissembly Hall? Amazing!

Wow, u coached in Dissembly Hall? Amazing!
One of the biggest memories of my life. Actually, most of the schools in the area were pretty nice...then there was this one. Honestly, some cowboys came in wearing chaps and spurs and no it wasn't 1919. I was a first year teacher and needed a job. The only time school was called off was when we couldn't get into the school.

Meh, football games in baseball stadiums just seem to be a bad idea. The sight lines are bad and seating is limited. If your goal is to watch a game at Wrigley, you have 82 Cubs games a year to choose from.

Still, if the game was in September or October, I might still consider it. But of course the problem is you have to wait until November after the baseball is done. The weather might be nice that day, so guess you could chance it. It just seems like there are better months to visit Chicago.