Padilla to the Portal

From my understanding, you can't enter the portal until Dec. 5th but if you have graduated, you can enter at any time. That is why McNamara entered when he did and I suspect Alex has also graduated.

Give Carson May the rock and see what he can do with it. These games don't mean shit, let 'er rip. Maybe he's the next Ricky or CJ.
Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a coach with such enthusiasm?

Good luck Alex, we hardly knew ye.

Give Carson May the rock and see what he can do with it. These games don't mean shit, let 'er rip. Maybe he's the next Ricky or CJ.
By let er rip you mean hand it off 45 times. But yes I'd be good with that. Has anyone heard what's up with Petras arm anyway? Was it his shoulder/elbow or how bad? I hadn't seen anything on it.

Good luck to Alex. Best for him. I think he goes down a notch as far as school he ends up at.

This is a good thing for Iowa imo. He was never going to be the option for Iowa. He had real trouble seeing downfield and more times than not, got his shit blocked more than any Iowa QB I can remember. If we have guys who can't beat out Spencer Petras leaving, that can only be looked at as a positive.

Good luck Alex.

I'm only surprised that it took this long.
Ditto... Would love to know his thought process. Because why'd he even stay this long if he wasn't willing to stay next yr to compete for the gig. I'm not saying he's a great enough player to be handed the gig by any means but just going off how Fort Kinnick has done things he was next up for it.

Kid deserved better then getting ran out there against OSU like that and having his career go how it has. I don't think he got a fair shake. I think our QB 'competitions' are more about who can memorize the playbook and sound smart in the meeting rooms then who can actually perform. Don't get me wrong I'd like my qb to have the total package but if I had to lean one way or the other I'm taking the gamer. I don't think we really know if Padilla coulda been that or not. Way too small of an unfair sample size to be judging for him. But we sure saw enough of Petras to know he wasn't it.

Good for him. Gotta do what's right.
Maybe Spencer confirmed he was coming back for one more go.
Or he overheard Kirk and Brian talking about how good the guys behind him "looked good in practice" yesterday.

Also, looks like Bazelak is gonna transfer from IU.
Let's say it works out for him. Could he be the first qb to start at 3 different power 5 schools?
First of ever to play at 3 different power 5 schools?

Did JT Daniels start a game for Georgia that year? I mean, he wasn't "the starter".

Last edited:
Got his degree always a hawk alum. A good D2 school could use Alex im sure ...but he may want to just move on with that degree and pursue other success.

Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a coach with such enthusiasm?

Good luck Alex, we hardly knew ye.
By let er rip you mean hand it off 45 times. But yes I'd be good with that. Has anyone heard what's up with Petras arm anyway? Was it his shoulder/elbow or how bad? I hadn't seen anything on it.
I give zero shits about the token bowls (I like the days when making a bowl was something special and there were only about 12 of them), so I say give Labas the first half, May the second half, and whatever happens happens. I'm sure they're looking at the portal anyway so the point is probably moot.

Latest posts