Post Your UNpopular Hawkeye Hot Take

OK....ISP police, sherrif....not sure why all the heat in one place? Does ISUx have such a presence?
Between tailgaters and people actually going to the game, I'd bet there's easily 100,000-120,000 people in a 2 sq mile area, half of 'em drunk, and most of the really drunk ones are college guys thinking they're 10' tall and bulletproof. I'm glad they're there. Had a really drunk dude a few seats over bumping into little kids and spilled beer on one, guy next to me texted the tip line and 2 cops were there hauling him out in like 2 minutes.

They don't F with anyone who isn't being an idiot and you can walk around with open containers, why not have 'em around?

As long as I'm griping...BRING BACK THE HAWKEYE EXPRESS.

There's enough money and volunteers to make it work. I'm convinced of it.

It was unique to Iowa and with the new B1G money going around, c'mon, spread some scratch to the tracks.

As long as I'm griping...BRING BACK THE HAWKEYE EXPRESS.

There's enough money and volunteers to make it work. I'm convinced of it.

It was unique to Iowa and with the new B1G money going around, c'mon, spread some scratch to the tracks.
I'd say that's a popular take, not an unpopular one. I've never met a Hawks fan who doesn't want it back.

Ok, this is unpopular:

It's not Petras. It's the talent level of the entire offense. Bring the fire!

I'd say that's a popular take, not an unpopular one. I've never met a Hawks fan who doesn't want it back.

I got more detail. It wasn't that the University didn't kick in or anything that was the cause.
It was just a pile of things. I think they've lost the loading/unloading zone (or partially lost) in Coralville. Or maybe one of the big lots is gone? Something like that. Some of the businesses out there also had troubles with people parking. And, it cost money. Etc. etc.

There was some talk, and still some talk about other things that could lead to options. But it just doesn't appear to be financially feasible. The descendant of the steam group up there that ran the IAIS steam locomotive now has two engines over in the Quad Cities, including the donation of the Challenger (almost as big as the Big Boys) class from Union Pacific. There was some chance of some additional maintenance/storage of yet another locomotive in Iowa City proper. Which could have fit the bill and whatnot.

But there's just too many small hurdles, plus the money. Pretty insurmountable in the end as it becomes a distraction. Fixing all the hurdles is doable. But solving one causes another. And then there's more to solve. And the time/energy of all it...plus the money. Just not worth it for anyone involved.