Who is hyping Minnesota

Iceman

Few posters on here thought we will lose Minny game. Look who they beat. 0-8 W.illinois, 3-5 New Mexico St, 1-7 Colorado, 4-4 Rutgers, and 3-5 Michigan St. Minny is a paper tiger. We will beat them

Few posters on here thought we will lose Minny game. Look who they beat. 0-8 W.illinois, 3-5 New Mexico St, 1-7 Colorado, 4-4 Rutgers, and 3-5 Michigan St. Minny is a paper tiger. We will beat them
Have you seen them? They have a pretty salty D front.

Look who Iowa has beat. This one is on the road.

Ha. Who have the Hawks beat? Nevada, NW, Rutgers & an FCS squad! Minny has the #7 ranked Defense in the nation. This game will probably come down to whether QB Morgan plays or not. If he does, the Gophers will be favored -- and should be.

Minny has the 7th best defense because:

W Illinois #117 total offense fcs
Michigan St #111
Rutgers #121
Colorado #123
New Mexico St 127

Look, the entire West is Dogshit. Almost no one has a winning record and the ones that do beat up on blind kids in wheelchairs. Illinois is the class of the West, by a lot it seems, and OSU/Michigan will boat race them by 30.

Of the remaining 6 teams, NW and Nebraska are moldy dogshit and no one should lose to them. The other four are all about the same flawed group of misfit toys that Vegas should not even accept bets on when they play each other. So, let's not get too cocky or too melancholy over these last four games. Iowa could go 4-0 or 1-3 and neither would be shocking.

Just looked at the NCAA D1 Defense rankings. 6 of the top 13 defenses are Big.

What does that really mean?

One clue, there are 4 offenses in the bottom 30.

3 offenses in the top 30.

It's a rivalry game so both sides will be amped for this game. I'm sure Minnesota fans are looking at this game as a winnable one as well along with the other teams remaining on the schedule. If the line comes out and plays as well as they did against Northwestern then Iowa will have a shot.

So are you trying to talk yourself into thinking Iowa has a prayer in Minneapolis. Okay I'll bite..

Iowa's wins 4-4 Rutgers, 1-7 Northwestern, 2-7 Nevada and. South Dakota State who plays in a Division lower than us Boy is that IMPRESSIVE Ice :).

Here's the deal Iowa is very soft on the Offensive side of the ball and Iowa will not win on the road the rest of the way. They will not beat Purdue or Minnesota. Iowa will struggle with Wisconsin and should beat Nebraska. 2-2 is best case scenario but I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa's lone win the rest of the way is Nebraska.

So are you trying to talk yourself into thinking Iowa has a prayer in Minneapolis. Okay I'll bite..

Iowa's wins 4-4 Rutgers, 1-7 Northwestern, 2-7 Nevada and. South Dakota State who plays in a Division lower than us Boy is that IMPRESSIVE Ice :).

Here's the deal Iowa is very soft on the Offensive side of the ball and Iowa will not win on the road the rest of the way. They will not beat Purdue or Minnesota. Iowa will struggle with Wisconsin and should beat Nebraska. 2-2 is best case scenario but I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa's lone win the rest of the way is Nebraska.
I think the Minny game will be very close. Your certainty amuses me.

I think the Minny game will be very close. Your certainty amuses me.

Than Pray for a snowstorm :).

This is the worst Offense Iowa has fielded in Decades and certainly the worst OL KF has ever fielded..

Edit: I didn't even include Brian roaming the sidelines as our Offensive mastermind. Gives me chills just thinking about what this Offense will do on the Road in a hostile environment.

Last edited:
It's a rivalry game so both sides will be amped for this game. I'm sure Minnesota fans are looking at this game as a winnable one as well along with the other teams remaining on the schedule. If the line comes out and plays as well as they did against Northwestern then Iowa will have a shot.
This is exactly the thing about Iowa. This is a point I have made on occasion in the past. We've heard this many times over the years with teams, such as NW, Mich St, Illinois, etc.. People often view Iowa as a rivalry or at least a top bar for them. Not that Iowa is a blue blood or anything, but I think many new coaches and teams want to model after what Iowa does and have the consistency and identity. They often get up for a game with Iowa because that is a sign of where their bar is.

And I'm not saying that Iowa is all that. What I am saying is that Iowa is a good team that usually is pretty consistent and stable. Teams first set that as a goal instead of thinking they are going to compete with the blue bloods.

Last edited:

1667325253432.png

Minnesota is two different teams: One, with Tanner Morgan and a completely different team without him. As several others have stated on this thread, they also have a pretty decent defense. If Morgan is healthy and plays against us, they have an edge, IMO.

My guess is Fleck will be looking for a QB in the transfer portal in the offseason.

Minnesota is two different teams: One, with Tanner Morgan and a completely different team without him. As several others have stated on this thread, they also have a pretty decent defense. If Morgan is healthy and plays against us, they have an edge, IMO.

My guess is Fleck will be looking for a QB in the transfer portal in the offseason.
If Spencer Petras has eligibility remaining, we will be more than happy to oblige.

Of course the Admiral would then turn him into him into an all B1G performer, he will come into Iowa City next year and win, lead the charge across the field for The Pig, and then give Brian an enema with it.

Than Pray for a snowstorm :).

This is the worst Offense Iowa has fielded in Decades and certainly the worst OL KF has ever fielded..

Edit: I didn't even include Brian roaming the sidelines as our Offensive mastermind. Gives me chills just thinking about what this Offense will do on the Road in a hostile environment
If Spencer Petras has eligibility remaining, we will be more than happy to oblige.

Of course the Admiral would then turn him into him into an all B1G performer, he will come into Iowa City next year and win, lead the charge across the field for The Pig, and then give Brian an enema with it.
Lmfao

If Iowa's offensive line comes together anything is possible. Minny will be a toss up game. A lot depends on what happens at Purdue. If Iowa beats Purdue they win out. Lose to Purdue and it gets tough seeing this team beat Whisky and Minny.

Latest posts