When the NCAA tourney came, the Richmond Spider ended up the Hawkeyes *itch...official IA Richmond Game thread NCAA R1

I am not going to melt down, but this is the SSDD, we will never get past the hump no matter how many future NBA players we throw at the other team

same as always

I’ve always shied away from teams that win their conference tournament for long runs in the dance. I tried to tell myself Iowa was different

Reactions: trj
Richmond is better than we thought, and Iowa isn't as good as everyone thought.

It's not just one or the other.

I think they get worked by Providence, but they deserve credit and Iowa is the annual 5 seed that gets bounced

I’ve always shied away from teams that win their conference tournament for long runs in the dance. I tried to tell myself Iowa was different

I was the exact same way. I was one one of those guys that thought Iowa was different from those ISU teams.

By no means am I putting this on Fran, but what does it take for him to get a team out of the opening weekend?

Flat players, shots not falling, just choked... it's the same shit every year.

Maybe it's unfair to put any of this on Fran, but at the same time what does it take. Does he coach a style meant for the Big Ten that can't win when it matters?

I just don't know where to go with it...It's always the "the other team isn't good" or "we gave it away". Ironic but do the excuses ever stop? At what point does the rhetoric set in that regardless of how good we feel going in, maybe not advancing past the first weekend is the best we'll ever see under Fran.