At the end of the day
Chill out
Mancave
Bromance
Supply Chain
Circle back
Deep dive

I, of course, will still continue to use all these words and mini phrases

If it hasn't been banished in previous years, I'd like to add "...long story short..." -- which always comes in the middle of 2 very long stories.
I will NEVER use the phrase "at the end of the day", which drives me nuts...at the end of the day, we either go to sleep or die.

That being said

Guilty as charged I use that phrase quite a bit. It’s a crutch.

Anytime I hear someone start a sentence with the word, "So....." I want to punch them in the mouth.

How and why did starting every sentence with So..... become a thing? It's like it's the new "ummmm..."

Quirks! People have them. I knew a guy (now dead), who finished every sentence with (in there). It was usually hard to hear as he said it almost under his breath but it was there!

Supply chain is the most used word in every finance bro's vocabulary from their first semester in college until they're about 45, so I don't think we're getting that one banished. My first internship in IT out of college another intern was an MIS major from Iowa State and his entire personality was the fact that he was going to get an MA in "Supply Chain."

I wonder what happened to Mitch the supply chain dude, but I cannot for the life of me what his last name was.

Edit: Did some googling and actually found him. Never did get that Master's, he's a financial analyst now.

Last edited:
So, like...
giphy.gif

I grew up in a small town and every time I go back to it I constantly hear "beings I... or beings we........" said in a statement, usually by my stepmother. It makes my wife and I cringe. What the hell does "beings" mean? It's funny how you only hear or see certain things in small towns. The small town quirks! Cute.

"Point being"
"It goes without saying" ....................Then don't say it dumbass.

Father-in-law always says "Now don't get me wrong..........." prior to describing something. Drives his daughter nuts.

I grew up in a small town and every time I go back to it I constantly hear "beings I... or beings we........" said in a statement, usually by my stepmother. It makes my wife and I cringe. What the hell does "beings" mean? It's funny how you only hear or see certain things in small towns. The small town quirks! Cute.

"Point being"
"It goes without saying" ....................Then don't say it dumbass.

Father-in-law always says "Now don't get me wrong..........." prior to describing something. Drives his daughter nuts.
I live up in Dutchville, USA, and all of the Christian Reformed wackos up here have a bunch of their own obscure words that they use too.

The one that really pisses me off is “mayn’t.”

It’s a made-up contraction of “may not.”

Like if their kids are fuckin’ off in church or something they’d say, “Malachi! You mayn’t do that!”

There a bunch of CR phrases and words that are stupid to me.

They call lunch dinner. As in your noon meal.

They call your morning and afternoon work break times “lunch.”

So your work/home day would go something like this:

7AM - Breakfast

9AM - Lunch

12PM - Dinner

3PM - Lunch

6PM - Supper

Talk about confusing once I started working where I’m at. I don’t live in a CR town and didn’t grow up with it, and my job is smack in the middle of their territory. People might think there’s no such thing as culture shock in NW Iowa, but I dare ya to come live up here for a while.

I live up in Dutchville, USA, and all of the Christian Reformed wackos up here have a bunch of their own obscure words that they use too.

Like if their kids are fuckin’ off in church or something they’d say, “Malachi! You mayn’t do that!”

My wife's college roommate and one of her best friends grew up in that area, I think Sioux Center. Of course her last starts with Vander ....... Anyway, yea she grew up in the strict household, no alcohol, nor working on Sundays, etc.. She's a good egg.

Lots of use of this crazy word in hometown Rock Rapids.