Head Coaching Carousel: Brian Kelly to LSU

Luke fickle will be the ND coach

I honestly don't think so. He's not going to tell his guys "hey, great job of getting to the playoff, get fucked because I'm leaving." ND has to hire someone in the next 96 hours and I don't think he would bounce on his team like that.

I’d prefer you disrespectfully disagree, but that’s a fair point, I just think you’re going to get better talent recruiting at LSU than at Notre Dame, and I think that’s the big difference. When the playoffs get expanded, the SEC is going to have 3-4 spots every year. I think it’s easier to make the playoffs in the SEC than at Notre Dame in that eventuality, and I think you’ll be doing it with a more talented roster. You certainly are going to have fewer academic issues at LSU than ND.

If they go to 12 teams, ND will get a slot at 10-2 most years.

I honestly don't think so. He's not going to tell his guys "hey, great job of getting to the playoff, get fucked because I'm leaving." ND has to hire someone in the next 96 hours and I don't think he would bounce on his team like that.
Well he is Fickle ;-P

If Matt Campbell has an offer at Notre Dame, he would be the biggest fool in history not to take it. The Big 12 is going to shit. He has taken ISU as far as they can go. I think he is smart enough to see that this could likely be his only shot. (I do hope he stays at ISU though. I would love to see the current streak continue)

Wouldn't it be funny if Luke Fickel goes to Notrre Dame, and then Notre Dame and Cincinatti end up playing each other in the playoffs?

By the way, I see that auto correct tried to change my spelling from Fickel to Fickle, so now I understand why everybody is spelling his name wrong.

Lane Kiffin would be their best pick.
Kiffin wishes they'd offer... He'd take it in a heartbeat but surely the hell he's way down their list.

My guess their top 3 would be Fickell, Campbell and Urban Meyer... Meyer wouldn't take it now I honestly think he'll be at Jacksonville 2 or 3 yrs and that'll be it for him.

So whichever one ND picks between the other two is who'll get it. Neither of them would turn it down.

Just saw an article where many ND coaches were out with recruits when news broke and most were blindsided!!

Not a good look even if this was his dream job.

Latest posts