Head Coaching Carousel: Brian Kelly to LSU

So weird nowadays. ND should be a retirement job for Brian Kelly.

The money these schools are tossing at coaches is fucking astounding
Yeah, strange world. This one really surprised me. My guess is that Kelly is chasing championships, which is a strange thing to do as a college coach, but his chances at making and winning the playoffs are stronger at LSU.

Yeah, strange world. This one really surprised me. My guess is that Kelly is chasing championships, which is a strange thing to do as a college coach, but his chances at making and winning the playoffs are stronger at LSU.

I respectfully disagree. The SEC is a juggernaut and having the soft ND schedule and no conference title game gives him his best shot at winning a title. I know LSU has won some hardware recently, but their first recent ring was because they had Nick, who is undeniably the greatest college coach ever, and their second ring is because they absolutely lucked into a generational QB.

I respectfully disagree. The SEC is a juggernaut and having the soft ND schedule and no conference title game gives him his best shot at winning a title. I know LSU has won some hardware recently, but their first recent ring was because they had Nick, who is undeniably the greatest college coach ever, and their second ring is because they absolutely lucked into a generational QB.
Agreed...dumb move for him. And, LSU won't hesitate to fire him if he does not get things going there. He had it made at ND.

Athlon has Matty C and Brohm as the first two on their list. God I hope they offer Brohm and he doesn’t look back.

I would wager that they call Fitz as well. I think he would mesh with their overall organizational goals and he has a lot of experience and still plenty of years left in the tank. Either way, if Fitz or Brohm disappeared from the conference, I would be happy.

I’d prefer you disrespectfully disagree, but that’s a fair point, I just think you’re going to get better talent recruiting at LSU than at Notre Dame, and I think that’s the big difference. When the playoffs get expanded, the SEC is going to have 3-4 spots every year. I think it’s easier to make the playoffs in the SEC than at Notre Dame in that eventuality, and I think you’ll be doing it with a more talented roster. You certainly are going to have fewer academic issues at LSU than ND.