Husker banter.

And maybe 7 less points for them. They drove 94 yards and scored a touchdown after they recovered the fumble.

Yes, that had to jack up the Nebby offense and coaches and perhaps negatively affected the hawk defense by a combination of some deflation yet maybe trying too hard to make a 3 and out and overplaying some situations. Human nature is hard to control

They still love to brag about the NC 25 years ago.

I attended IOWA in the 80s. I don't recall anybody pounding their chest over our 1958 NC.
They brag about the "Mythical" titles they had. Now the talk is how horrible the Big 10 conference is, especially the West. When reminded that they were the worst team in the shitty West. the feeling is that they are not the worst team, they just have the worst coach..
As far as the mythical titles awarded Nebraska back in the day, BFD. NOBODY gives two hoots about what happened 25 years ago. Minnesota has 7 titles in their rich history of football, yet we never hear them talk about how great they used to be. They want to knock the BIG because they have gotten their ass kicked now for years when they thought they would dominate. They long for the days when they could pound the rest of the BIG 8 by 70 and get ready for the one decent team on their schedule. (Okie)
They long for their traditional Big 8 rival games. They just can't get excited about teams like Purdue, Northwestern, and Illinois coming to Lincoln. (because these"shitty" BIG teams beat them.)

They brag about the "Mythical" titles they had. Now the talk is how horrible the Big 10 conference is, especially the West. When reminded that they were the worst team in the shitty West. the feeling is that they are not the worst team, they just have the worst coach..
As far as the mythical titles awarded Nebraska back in the day, BFD. NOBODY gives two hoots about what happened 25 years ago. Minnesota has 7 titles in their rich history of football, yet we never hear them talk about how great they used to be. They want to knock the BIG because they have gotten their ass kicked now for years when they thought they would dominate. They long for the days when they could pound the rest of the BIG 8 by 70 and get ready for the one decent team on their schedule. (Okie)
They long for their traditional Big 8 rival games. They just can't get excited about teams like Purdue, Northwestern, and Illinois coming to Lincoln. (because these"shitty" BIG teams beat them.)
Also, am I correct they were in the Big 8 when they won the title. They pretty much had Oklahoma to deal with most years and that was pretty much it. It is much more difficult this day in age with the jumbo conferences and parity. Recruiting in much more competitive.

They are the most hypocritical fan base ever. They are a glass half-full fan base. I'll give them that much, though! Any little thing that is bad for their team it's woulda, shoulda coulda. Any little thing and it's "if that wouldn't have happen then Nebraska would have............" or " We are clearly the best 3 win team in history......". But, if any of this applies to another team, they disregard all. Just hypocritical in every way, 90% of the fans!! Just delusional. Nebraska fans, your team sucks and have sucked for the better part of going on 25 yrs. Get over yourself.

Think about this, this is the Nebraska mindset. They haven't done shit in the BIG 10 since entering it. In their eyes it's not because of their team, it's because the BIG 10 "is a crappy conference". Yea, a crappy conference and you haven't done shit in it. You didn't do shit in the Big 12 conference either, the reason you left and came to The BIG. The fans are just jacked up in that state.

I took a look at the Husker board, Lot of delusional folks over there.
Here is a sample:

I mean, I get what you're trying to say. Really though there is only one team that outright beat us this year- Ohio State. The rest took advantage of our self implosions. They didn't do anything themselves to beat us.

Its like winning a game of pool with 4 balls on the table, when the better shot scratched on the 8 ball. Sure you get the W. but you didn't do anything to earn it.

How do they not understand that’s much worse? They think it’s better to be so undisciplined and badly coached you lost to 8 teams you deem inferior to you?

They still love to brag about the NC 25 years ago.

I attended IOWA in the 80s. I don't recall anybody pounding their chest over our 1958 NC.

I watched that game and every game that was on TV during the Evy years

The Golden Age

Listened to the other games on WHO Radio

After Dowling, I moved to Philadelphia, worked in Gimbels advertising, and
listened to the Hawk games on WHO Radio there

:cool:

Don't know if this angle has been brought up

Did Wisconsin do us a huge favor by softening up Nebraska last week, then the short week on top of it?

Nebraska was owning the line of scrimmage early, then gradually wearing down as the second half progressed.

Just food for thought. Wisconsin usually whips Nebraska physically. Remember the Melvin Gordon game from eight or nine years ago?

I watched that game and every game that was on TV during the Evy years

The Golden Age

Listened to the other games on WHO Radio

After Dowling, I moved to Philadelphia, worked in Gimbels advertising, and
listened to the Hawk games on WHO Radio there

:cool:
Same here. Dowling class of 1960. when for you?

I took a look at the Husker board, Lot of delusional folks over there.
Here is a sample:

I mean, I get what you're trying to say. Really though there is only one team that outright beat us this year- Ohio State. The rest took advantage of our self implosions. They didn't do anything themselves to beat us.

Its like winning a game of pool with 4 balls on the table, when the better shot scratched on the 8 ball. Sure you get the W. but you didn't do anything to earn it.

Lolololol. I've heard it for years living in Omah. In person, noone says anything to me anymore, unless they say some bs about natty (which even they know is ridiculous now). I usually just smile...and say "that sellout streak tho...."

They "gave" it to us... by allowing a blocked ount?, by allowing a safety/sack?

I'd say the stolen TD from Iowa and Iowa fumbling from our own guy making contact...at Their 10.... was more "giving", than anything they did.

As tough as 3 qtrs was to watch... this was Way closer to a 3 TD win than nebby winning.

F them.... crybaby shit asses.

Yes I do, also Fr. Reese and Fr.Ryan

Father Reese used to be at All Saints where I went seventh and eighth grades

We moved from Philadelphia then

Thank God

Father John Ryan had us write a poem, then he walked down the aisles and
critiqued them

When he read mine, he said Oh My, and put his hand over his mouth

Cownie asked what I wrote:

Oh Autumn, thou heartless stripper of the trees

Damn

Don't know if this angle has been brought up

Did Wisconsin do us a huge favor by softening up Nebraska last week, then the short week on top of it?

Nebraska was owning the line of scrimmage early, then gradually wearing down as the second half progressed.

Just food for thought. Wisconsin usually whips Nebraska physically. Remember the Melvin Gordon game from eight or nine years ago?

Well, yes and no. Nebraska owned the LOS early. They were running at us. But as the game went on, their run game got less and less effective; and our run game got more and more effective - remember that Goodson had a 55 of his 156 yards on our last scoring drive with around 6 minutes left in the game. I would surmise that to be an effect of strength and conditioning.

Damn, thinking about Dowling now

I was in Father Kelly's homeroom. We had our first intermural basketball game

The next morning he asked who won

We did, someone told him

Who was the leading scorer

Someone said: David, he said, David ?

I didn't look like an athlete, and was quiet

I said, Yeah, Father. I scored 14 points, and jumped off the bleachers to block a fast
break, then climbed back

The games were half-court, and the bleachers were folded up. We would sit on top
when not in the game

Father Kelley said: Outstanding, David

Lolololol. I've heard it for years living in Omah. In person, noone says anything to me anymore, unless they say some bs about natty (which even they know is ridiculous now). I usually just smile...and say "that sellout streak tho...."

They "gave" it to us... by allowing a blocked ount?, by allowing a safety/sack?

I'd say the stolen TD from Iowa and Iowa fumbling from our own guy making contact...at Their 10.... was more "giving", than anything they did.

As tough as 3 qtrs was to watch... this was Way closer to a 3 TD win than nebby winning.

F them.... crybaby shit asses.

Those poopyheads!

Nebraska needs to look at themselves... They had us down 21-6 late in 3rd q... I mean if they just run the ball 3 times every possession and punt without getting one blocked they probably win. They had 4 huge self caused mistakes that killed them. The blocked punt obviously the fumble and the interception at the end. They also started throwing it more and stopped the clock a few times when they probably shouldn't have. Hell the play call on the safety was stupid.

Run the ball 3 times instead and punt it's just a different game all together that they coulda made it so so so much tougher on us to win. With how our D was playing they coulda gotten some 1st downs doing that too. Frost just sabotaged himself with how he called the 2nd half of that game.

We had a few possessions where we moved the ball but we still weren't exactly punching it in the endzone left and right. Iowa was opportunistic and played smart and took advantage of their mistakes. That's kinda how I saw that game anyway. We didn't exactly impose our will on them. We kicked fgs hung around and hung around and let them implode.

Last edited:
Nebraska needs to look at themselves... They had us down 21-6 late in 3rd q... I mean if they just run the ball 3 times every possession and punt without getting one blocked they probably win. They had 4 huge self caused mistakes that killed them. The blocked punt obviously the fumble and the interception at the end. They also started throwing it more and stopped the clock a few times when they probably shouldn't have. Hell the play call on the safety was stupid.

Run the ball 3 times instead and punt it's just a different game all together that they coulda made it so so so much tougher on us to win. With how our D was playing they coulda gotten some 1st downs doing that too. Frost just sabotaged himself with how he called the 2nd half of that game.

We had a few possessions where we moved the ball but we still weren't exactly punching it in the endzone left and right. Iowa was opportunistic and played smart and took advantage of their mistakes. That's kinda how I saw that game anyway. We didn't exactly impose our will on them. We kicked fgs hung around and hung around and let them implode.
Yep, and after the blocked punt they shit their pants. Every camera shot of the sideline after that you could see it all over their faces, coaches and players. I knew at that point Iowa was going to win the game because that was when Nebraska stopped believing they could win. Had they stuck to their game plan they could have still won the game, but they didn't and Iowa made them pay.

As long as everyone's talking about

When someone dared to misbehave in his classroom

He would demand projects for them to bring in class the next day

One miscreant had to write: The Autobiography of a Guttersnipe

Another was given the assignment: Make a thousand spitballs
each of a different color

Double Damn

Latest posts