Husker banter.

blubberhawk

Lots of derogatory talk directed at the Iowa football program on the Nebraska Boards. Belittling the 10 win season, etc. Saying Iowa was lucky not to play Michigan or OSU. True, but Iowa has held their own in the last 15 years against Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State and Kicked OSU's ass the last time they came to Kinnick. They can try to minimize Iowa's success, but the reality is:
Mighty, mighty Nebraska is now THE WORST TEAM IN THE BIG.: 3-9 and dead last. Lucky for them Northwestern has their worst team in 20 years or they would have gone winless in the BIG.

Nebraska football is dead.

Lots of derogatory talk directed at the Iowa football program on the Nebraska Boards. Belittling the 10 win season, etc. Saying Iowa was lucky not to play Michigan or OSU. True, but Iowa has held their own in the last 15 years against Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State and Kicked OSU's ass the last time they came to Kinnick. They can try to minimize Iowa's success, but the reality is:
Mighty, mighty Nebraska is now THE WORST TEAM IN THE BIG.: 3-9 and dead last. Lucky for them Northwestern has their worst team in 20 years or they would have gone winless in the BIG.

Nebraska football is dead.
Ok they can say that but they lost to Purdue, Minny, Illinois, Iowa was 2-1 in these games. They got beat by three top 20 teams. Iowa was 3-1 against top 20 teams at the time they played them. You can say your better that 3-9 Record but history won’t remember that. What they will remember is Iowa’s 10-2 record. How is Lincoln in January? Not as nice as a bowl location.

Maybe just me, but Barta holding a "west division champ" trophy on the Hawks instagram acct, before tomorrow's game, is damn embarrassing.

I took a look at the Husker board, Lot of delusional folks over there.
Here is a sample:

They beat us today by playing fundamentally sound, all three phases of the game, solid football.

I mean, I get what you're trying to say. Really though there is only one team that outright beat us this year- Ohio State. The rest took advantage of our self implosions. They didn't do anything themselves to beat us.

Its like winning a game of pool with 4 balls on the table, when the better shot scratched on the 8 ball. Sure you get the W. but you didn't do anything to earn it.

Here is a sample:

I mean, I get what you're trying to say. Really though there is only one team that outright beat us this year- Ohio State. The rest took advantage of our self implosions. They didn't do anything themselves to beat us.

Its like winning a game of pool with 4 balls on the table, when the better shot scratched on the 8 ball. Sure you get the W. but you didn't do anything to earn it.
My only answer to them is to stop self imploding.

And to get more physical up front. Like the Mississippi State bowl game, we won by sticking to our guns and gradually controlling the line of scrimmage. It was our own self implosins, especially Goodson's fumble, that almost ended up costing US the game.

Here is a sample:

They did implode today. They had a bad pass into the endzone to a wide open receiver that could (should?) have been ruled a TD. They also fumbled at the 7 which would've been 1st and goal. NU left a lot of points on the field...wait, that was us. That could've been 14 more points. I'd like to go over there and point that out, but I've had multiple names banned and can't get in at all anymore.

They did implode today. They had a bad pass into the endzone to a wide open receiver that could (should?) have been ruled a TD. They also fumbled at the 7 which would've been 1st and goal. NU left a lot of points on the field...wait, that was us. That could've been 14 more points. I'd like to go over there and point that out, but I've had multiple names banned and can't get in at all anymore.

You make very good points about the points we didnt convert on. The hawks were in the redzone and kicking field goals many more times than Nebby. I think it was Seth Benson who said the hawks slowly made the adjustment of widening out their defense to contain the outside runs by Nebby. It worked and Nebby started trying to run inside but the hawks stopped them. So Iowa left the points on the field early while Nebby was 3 for 3 in the redzone through mid 3rd qtr.

On Nebby's final drive after throwing all passes they tried to catch the hawks with a QB draw and Smothers got smothered for only a 2 yard gain. There was only about 45 seconds left so they did not get a big chunk play to stop the clock and had to take a first down. The hawk defense just slowly choked off the Nebby offense in this game.

And maybe 7 less points for them. They drove 94 yards and scored a touchdown after they recovered the fumble.

Latest posts