Matt Campbell Showing What it is to be a Clown

What happened?
Down seven, get the ball back with three minutes left, slow roll to WV's 30 with a minute left, completely collapse from there. He was running a two minute offense like there were six minutes left in the game.

I get not wanting to leave any time on the clock when you're paying Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes, but Purdy isn't exactly Aaron Rodgers, either; you've gotta find the end zone either way.

Wow, listened to the game while driving. Every play is a bad call or missed call. They lost because of the refs. How 'bout the OPI against WV's stud receiver on a catch that took him to the 2? Replay showed, and announcers agreed, that it was a bad call. Instead of those 7 points (assuming a TD on 1st and goal at the 2), they threw a pick 6 two plays later. a 14 point swing on a bad call. It happens.

ISU's RB was stuffed at the goal line and fumbled it in the end zone for a touchback. Replay showed it was a fumble. Announcers said it was a TD and the refs and replay guy screwed them.

They're impossible to listen to because of all the whining...except I enjoyed every minute of it.

Wow, listened to the game while driving. Every play is a bad call or missed call. They lost because of the refs. How 'bout the OPI against WV's stud receiver on a catch that took him to the 2? Replay showed, and announcers agreed, that it was a bad call. Instead of those 7 points (assuming a TD on 1st and goal at the 2), they threw a pick 6 two plays later. a 14 point swing on a bad call. It happens.

ISU's RB was stuffed at the goal line and fumbled it in the end zone for a touchback. Replay showed it was a fumble. Announcers said it was a TD and the refs and replay guy screwed them.

They're impossible to listen to because of all the whining...except I enjoyed every minute of it.
Outstanding post.

Your quality to quantity ratio is without a doubt the highest on this board.

Also, I gotta say, Campbell is one of the best coaches in the country. He's going to win a lot of games before it's all said and done, I sincerely hope he departs Ames at his earliest convenience.

Also, I gotta say, Campbell is one of the best coaches in the country. He's going to win a lot of games before it's all said and done, I sincerely hope he departs Ames at his earliest convenience.
Surly won’t be next year. Not after losing 16 starters. They are looking at a 3-4 win year next season.

Surly won’t be next year. Not after losing 16 starters. They are looking at a 3-4 win year next season.
Hopefully he takes another job at the end of this season then! Strike while the iron's hot, Matt!

If he sticks around, ISU will be a consistent winner. About the only caveat I'd put on that is that we need to see how alignment shakes out. But the guy can build a team, I'm very impressed.

Speaking of Ferentz and bad clock management, the Tate to Holloway pass came up as a suggested video on Youtube today. This was the first thing I thought of when I saw it.
The irony is, I'm pretty certain that example of terrible clock management was at least a factor in why that play worked. I think a good number of the LSU defenders and coaches were anticipating a timeout there.

The irony is, I'm pretty certain that example of terrible clock management was at least a factor in why that play worked. I think a good number of the LSU defenders and coaches were anticipating a timeout there.
Absolutely. They weren't able to have their prevent defense out there and the ones that were out there were not ready for it. They had some DB's playing zone and others playing man, which is why Holloway was wide open.

The guy would fall apart in the B1G and has a personality almost as bad as Frost or Franklin. I’d take Bob Stoops though if he wants to come out of retirement.

Really, your putting Matt Campbell on the level of Frost or Franklinstein? Why, because he's the head coach at Iowa State or wears those colors? Is it really that hard to be objective and admit they have a nice young and progressive coach.

I don't for a minute even have him remotely close to a Franklin or a Frost. Just because he wears the colors of your rival doesn't make him a crappy rogue coach.