Great win, but plenty to work on

Luftgekuehlt67

Great to roll the Clones, but check the stats - we'd do well to not get too cocky.

I'm a big believer in an NFL style approach to game management and I think KF is too. No style points, whatever it takes, because a W is a W.

That said, we're +4 in TO and, at least with 1 min to go here, looking at only a 10 pt win.

TOs are part of the game and I absolutely love Iowa's defense first mentality but, ultimately, we're going to need some offensive production at some point no matter how salty this D is.

That'll be the difference between good or great this year. We gotta find some stuff that works better on O than what we saw today.

I'm still going to savor every moment, just calling it like I see it.

meh....it is the blueprint how they win games the rest of season. Might as well buckle up now.
I don't fully disagree and, again, TOs are part of the game, but they are a flukey thing. "Make your own luck" and all that, sure, and there's no doubt you can see giveaway/takeaway trends form over the course of a season, but on a game by game basis? They can be extremely flukey.

I enjoyed the hell out of the game and am also loving life @ 2-0. I'm just advocating for HN to take a look at the box today. Other than TOs, thay was a pretty one sided game. What would the outcome have been if we were +3? +2? That level of O production won't always be enough.

I don't fully disagree and, again, TOs are part of the game, but they are a flukey thing. "Make your own luck" and all that, sure, and there's no doubt you can see giveaway/takeaway trends form over the course of a season, but on a game by game basis? They can be extremely flukey.

I enjoyed the hell out of the game and am also loving life @ 2-0. I'm just advocating for HN to take a look at the box today. Other than TOs, thay was a pretty one sided game. What would the outcome have been if we were +3? +2? That level of O production won't always be enough.

You have any faith in the Iowa offense? What we have seen the last 2 weeks is how they win games the rest of the year, might as well embrace it now.

And if my aunt had nads she'd be my uncle

I mentioned this in the game thread that I think it’s fair to be concerned about the offense.

Hopefully this offense can get clicking against Kent State next weekend.

I’m gonna make a rule that these threads have to wait three days after a win. For F’s sake people we just stuck both of our feet up Iowa State’s ass and CryFan’s board is melting down. The F is wrong with people…Enjoy it for 24 hours.
You start modding to that extreme then I’m out. FFS let people talk football even if you don’t agree with it. This is the shit you promised you wouldn’t do!

You have any faith in the Iowa offense? What we have seen the last 2 weeks is how they win games the rest of the year, might as well embrace it now.
I have faith that we have one of the best coached teams in the country. I have faith that there are going to be some deeply furrowed brows in the offense's meeting rooms this week.

I think if that game is +2/+3, we're very likely looking at a 1 possession nail biter in the 4th Q. I think if we're +1, the shoe might have been on the other foot.

Again, it's a great win, we did what it took to get the job done. I'm just looking ahead and hoping we see a bit more production from the O. Our D and ST look awesome, but I think we're going to need a bit more from the O if we're going to stay top 10.

I’m gonna make a rule that these threads have to wait three days after a win. For F’s sake people we just stuck both of our feet up Iowa State’s ass and CryFan’s board is melting down. The F is wrong with people…Enjoy it for 24 hours.
It was a joke, Francis. I’m the least “extreme” mod this place has ever had.

But still…enjoy the W.
You dorks seriously need to head over Cryfan, these losers are seriously calling for an end to the series, that's how demoralized they are.

Loved the outcome. Defense played superb and special teams have to be one of the best units anywhere in the country. Punting, FG kicking, KO and punt returns, kick/punt coverage - we check all of the boxes.

Offense does have plenty of room for improvement but I would say we played well in the second quarter when we really needed it. I thought the second half was more of playing the field position battle until they imploded. Which they did big time. Petras had some great throws today when we needed them. I'm not worried about the offense overall and I can see us improving as we go through the year.