Patrick McCaffery in transfer portal

Tweeted this out. Sort of surprised, but when you get a chance to play for a powerhouse, you've gotta at least think about it. Thanks for everything Patrick!

View attachment 7999
Is he old enough to play at Bishop Sycamore? I'd also think incredibly over qualified? I did hear they fired their football coach so maybe they offered Fran the opportunity to be a dual sport coach and he'll be announcing his departure shortly.

Is he old enough to play at Bishop Sycamore? I'd also think incredibly over qualified? I did hear they fired their football coach so maybe they offered Fran the opportunity to be a dual sport coach and he'll be announcing his departure shortly.

- Too young
- Overqualified
- No criminal record

Give it a few more days, the list will probably get longer.

I was wondering though, with the Bishop Sycamore thing (by the way, what a goofy name - how did that not set off immediate alarm bells?)...

I mean, IMG Academy, they are basically a HS All-Star team, no? Almost like a JuCo program in a way? Yeah, they pasted Bishop Sycamore, but how do they fare against (legit) top public/private school teams? My assumption is they embarrass a lot of those too, or am I wrong?

I was wondering though, with the Bishop Sycamore thing (by the way, what a goofy name - how did that not set off immediate alarm bells?)...

I mean, IMG Academy, they are basically a HS All-Star team, no? Almost like a JuCo program in a way? Yeah, they pasted Bishop Sycamore, but how do they fare against (legit) top public/private school teams? My assumption is they embarrass a lot of those too, or am I wrong?
Viewers were expecting a showcase of college level talent from both teams, and Bishop Sycamore's talent, or lack there of, was exposed. The bottom line is ESPN failed to do their homework and completely embarrassed themselves by getting duped into airing the game on national TV. Had ESPN not flubbed things up, it was have been just another beat down for IMG and not the national story it is. Next time ESPN should do a little more research.

Great, now we got a portal for coaches, lol. What's next?

I think it's a school for druids.
022618_Wookiepedia_SWdroids.large.jpg

There are a bazillion schools that start with "Bishop" and all of them are cathaholic, and all of them are named after...you guessed it...a bishop in the cathaholic church.

It would take two seconds to google the school and see it doesn't exist and that there's no cathaholic bishop named Sycamore.

The ones who really screwed up are the dudes who made the fake team. They should have just called it Sycamore and they'd probably have been fine. Or at least come up with an Irish name. Like Bishop O'Shaughnessy or something stupid but authentic sounding.

Yeah they do blow out lots of other schools too but this felt different and looked different from what little I saw of it. I mean it was like if you put seniors against 8th graders out there. It was such a physical mismatch. It coulda been 150 to 0. ESPN dropped the ball every which way they possibly could've pretty much.

Maybe ESPN would consider not airing these HS games going forward?.... Pff who am I kidding if they can get sponsors they'll be putting it on that's all they care about at the end of the day. I'm not sure this amount of bad PR would move that needle.

There are a bazillion schools that start with "Bishop" and all of them are cathaholic, and all of them are named after...you guessed it...a bishop in the cathaholic church.

It would take two seconds to google the school and see it doesn't exist and that there's no cathaholic bishop named Sycamore.

The ones who really screwed up are the dudes who made the fake team. They should have just called it Sycamore and they'd probably have been fine. Or at least come up with an Irish name. Like Bishop O'Shaughnessy or something stupid but authentic sounding.
Yeah, I mean, that's exactly it.

It smacks of some dumbshit not understanding what "Bishop..." actually means, he just liked the sound of Bishop-something.

Yeah, I mean, that's exactly it.

It smacks of some dumbshit not understanding what "Bishop..." actually means, he just liked the sound of Bishop-something.
If you’re dumb enough to start a fake “school” just to have a pay to play football team you’re probably not smart enough to know why there are so many Bishop-XYZ schools around

No shit. I didn't think Patrick was 25 yrs old with a rap sheet.