Jordan Bohannon Involved in Physical Altercation

At this point it's an echo chamber of shit - who do you believe? Are half these people saying it just people who don't like Jordan to begin with? I mean, I ran into Jordan up in Boji like 3 years ago. Whole place was all over him when he came in. I didn't speak with him. He seemed like he was a normal guy out enjoying the lime light. He's probably a cocky little fucker but let's not act like that's not probably 90% of elite college athletes

I agree that it's probably somewhere in between, but like everything else there's going to be two sides to it. I definitely think that you have to keep an open mind, but at the same time can't let perception cloud your judgement. I never feel its a good idea to try to get an opinion of someone based on who they appear to be on the court/field.

You are right. That was stupid. Likely he remembers you.

It so was. I like Acie to.

Not that it is much better, but we didn't really pour it on them. We literally dripped it over the edge.

I tell you what, Acie and his companions handled it perfectly. I never really saw Acie when the guys confronted us. They came up letting us know we were spilling beer on them. He did a good job staying down there and out of the picture. It was never heated at all. I think they seriously thought we were just watching over the edge and accidentally spilling over our cups. They were cool about it.

Re: the 10 Husker dudes I sit with every day ... they were also all "DUDE GOT KNOCKED THE F OUT" as well. But overall I got the vibe that they saw it as a cheap shot and a violent act brought on to a guy who absolutely didn't deserve to get knocked out cold. Ice, no ice, beverage, no beverage... if you result to violence, you are breaking the law and I hope you get a felony charge and can never get a decent paying job again in your life. Life has consequences. The consequences for the dude that punched Jordan are likely to be severe. Lots of eye witnesses and video tape. That holds up in the court of law - hearsay about ice being thrown won't.

So, you are basing this off some message board discussions and twitter? Don't come on me man, you know better than that too. You are taking the pulse of guys who likely didn't like Jordan before this incident, you have no idea if they are Iowa fans or fans of whoever else. Jordan has fought for his peers NIL. You think those dudes like Jordan? The families he visits with after games, the autographs, the podcast (i listen every week, Jordan sounds like a great dude). The video's he made for kids during the pandemic for basketball skills? All his public interviews - his personality. I have way more reliable documentation that Jordan is a good kid. You only internet accounts from unreliable sources saying otherwise.
Wrong. If you read this and other threads, I have two coworkers with kids I know personally and who I think are trustworthy who say he's a terrible person in the classroom and out at the bars.

My assistant baseball coach currently goes to Iowa and also had classes and interacted with the guy. None of the three know each other, but all had identical representations of the way he rolls, and all three say once you pour booze in his face hole he gets exponentially worse. The "do you know who I am" syndrome, taunting, and whipping out his phone any time he's about to get jacked is a common theme. Hitting up women with the basketball line and being, let's say disrespectful to be nice...The guy who coaches with me said he was downtown and JB and his group were there, he was chatting up married chick (in his defense I'm sure he didn't know she was married at first), and when she blew him off he did the "take out the phone thing" and started just pointing it at her, filming her sitting there doing nothing saying he was going to put it on his YT channel. She got up and left, He's got other stories that are way more specific that I can PM you if you want, I'm sure you don't. I've known this kid his whole life and trust everything he says. Can I prove it? Of course not. But it's no coincidence that those stories align with what people say publicly on social media.

I've not met JB in person, but I've literally never heard a good word from folks who've met him outside a basketball environment.

Again, I am not doing the "he deserved it" thing.

I'm saying that 1) It happened solely because of the position he put himself in (if he wasn't trying to get punched he wouldn't have gotten punched), and 2) it's going to have a bad impact on him. Hopefully he's thinking about his perception. I do have a hard time thinking that a guy like that can be sincerely humbled, though. I've known a bunch of 'em. We all have, unfortunately.

By the way, IMO, based off what I've read -the much larger majority of Iowa fans sympathize and support Jordan after this altercation.
I would say that regardless of their support, literally no one is surprised by it. That says something.

Wrong. If you read this and other threads, I have two coworkers with kids I know personally and who I think are trustworthy who say he's a terrible person in the classroom and out at the bars.

My assistant baseball coach currently goes to Iowa and also had classes and interacted with the guy. None of the three know each other, but all had identical representations of the way he rolls, and all three say once you pour booze in his face hole he gets exponentially worse. The "do you know who I am" syndrome, taunting, and whipping out his phone any time he's about to get jacked is a common theme. Hitting up women with the basketball line and being, let's say disrespectful to be nice...The guy who coaches with me said he was downtown and JB and his group were there, he was chatting up married chick (in his defense I'm sure he didn't know she was married at first), and when she blew him off he did the "take out the phone thing" and started just pointing it at her, filming her sitting there doing nothing saying he was going to put it on his YT channel. She got up and left, He's got other stories that are way more specific that I can PM you if you want, I'm sure you don't. I've known this kid his whole life and trust everything he says. Can I prove it? Of course not. But it's no coincidence that those stories align with what people say publicly on social media.

I've not met JB in person, but I've literally never heard a good word from folks who've met him outside a basketball environment.

Again, I am not doing the "he deserved it" thing.

I'm saying that 1) It happened solely because of the position he put himself in (if he wasn't trying to get punched he wouldn't have gotten punched), and 2) it's going to have a bad impact on him. Hopefully he's thinking about his perception. I do have a hard time thinking that a guy like that can be sincerely humbled, though. I've known a bunch of 'em. We all have, unfortunately.
hearsay - information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

For STILL ONLY having still 2nd and 3rd hand accounts on the kid that you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT KNOW, you walk around like he's your neighbor. Trash

I would say that regardless of their support, literally no one is surprised by it. That says something.
^^Damn good way to put it.^^

Not surprised. His brothers really need to get into his ear. They seem to be pretty well grounded, but what do I know. He just seems quite different from them, IMO.

, you walk around like he's your neighbor

Lol. You exaggerate like HuckFinn :) You've been here long enough to know that bush league shit doesn't work on me.

hearsay - information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

For STILL ONLY having still 2nd and 3rd hand accounts on the kid that you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT KNOW, you walk around like he's your neighbor. Trash
By your definition all the good shit you hear about him is hearsay as well. So your altar boy opinion is just as bullshit as mine I guess?

That's a lot of CAPS. Don't get so angry.

Re: the 10 Husker dudes I sit with every day ... they were also all "DUDE GOT KNOCKED THE F OUT" as well. But overall I got the vibe that they saw it as a cheap shot and a violent act brought on to a guy who absolutely didn't deserve to get knocked out cold. Ice, no ice, beverage, no beverage... if you result to violence, you are breaking the law and I hope you get a felony charge and can never get a decent paying job again in your life. Life has consequences. The consequences for the dude that punched Jordan are likely to be severe. Lots of eye witnesses and video tape. That holds up in the court of law - hearsay about ice being thrown won't.

I'm guessing when they do their investigation and get statements the "hearsay" about ice being thrown may become factual and much more than just hearsay. Your right though there's plenty of witnesses out there and video tape that will be used to piece together what exactly happened. May not do the guy that punched him any favors, but I'm also thinking it's definitely not going to do Jordan any favors either.

Dude, the guy has a horrible reputation. What are reputations built mainly on, hearsay!

Ya act like a asshat all the time, your gunna get a bad reputation. I try to be as objective that I can, but I have to side on the side of Fryowa on this. There are just too many accounts out there from different people.

Murder convictions aren't supposed to be made on circumstantial evidence either, but, sometimes that circumstantial evidence is so tight they are. That is what is happening here, I believe.

JoBo's spent the last 2 yrs or so making his bed, now he has to sleep in it. I hope he grows from this.

Last edited:
I'm guessing when they do their investigation and get statements the "hearsay" about ice being thrown may become factual and much more than just hearsay. Your right though there's plenty of witnesses out there and video tape that will be used to piece together what exactly happened. May not do the guy that punched him any favors, but I'm also thinking it's definitely not going to do Jordan any favors either.
Yep, same what I am thinking. If they come back and push it in the sand and say no arrests are going to be made, we can all presume what really happened and JoBo wasn't completely innocent in this.

Dude, the guy has a horrible reputation. What are reputations built on many times, hearsay!

Ya act like a asshat all the time, your gunna get a bad reputation. I try to be as objective that I can, but I have to side on the side of Fryowa on this. There are just too many accounts out there from different people.

Murder convictions aren't supposed to be made on circumstantial evidence either, but, sometimes that circumstantial evidence is so tight they are. That is what is happening here, I believe.

JoBo's spent the last 2 yrs or so making his bed, now he has to sleep in it. I hope he grows from this.

Well put. Reputations are built on nothing but hearsay. They are built entirely on perception that originated somewhere. There's usually some grain of truth to it though and where there's smoke there's fire.

It's not like anyone here is sitting on a jury. If someone judges Bohannon based on heresy, who cares? Anyone here who says he got what he deserves is basing it on the assumption that the stories are true.

Dude, the guy has a horrible reputation. What are reputations built mainly on, hearsay!

Yep, and not only that but you see signs of this on the court. It takes one HELL of an ego to take off your sneakers and leave them on center court in Hilton. Granted we all laughed at it and even enjoyed it. It's not hard to imagine that he carries a chip on his shoulder off the court, then you magnify that with alcohol and being in a IC bar after midnight. I don't blame him, it takes one hell of a person to accomplish what he has at Iowa to NOT carry yourself like that off the court. Not everyone can be that humble, put my head down and just play type of guy and be completely class off the court.

But some fans want to be blind to it, they gotta have PROOF! If it isn't eye witness account and you have it recorded on your phone get that shit outa here, it didn't happen! Way too much heresay for me, I've been around to know where there's smoke there's fire.