Vaccine rollout

My wife an I have both our shots and are 85% immune as of yesterday. I'm 76 with underlying conditions and my wife its on Social Security and also has underlying conditions.

Glad you mentioned this and good for you. What I can't figure out is how this is being distributed. I work in the community service field and was advised in mid December that we'd be in the "second group to get their vaccines" and would most likely get our first dose around the end of January. I then heard last night (not sure if true or not) that local HyVee pharmacies were going to start (or had already started) distributing to the general public already. Which made me question why I'm waiting to get it through my employer when I could probably get it sooner from a different source.

FYI, I am 69 and live in Iowa and I could not get my first moderna dose until Jan.23rd in the state and I got it that day at Hyvee

Overall the vaccine rollout is going pretty good. It could be better but it also could be just hung up and not going very well with no leadership. I would like to see more use of the military medical and supply units going with mobile and rural units to find people who have a hard time scheduling and getting to a place to get their shots.

In mid to late January the supply from moderna and pfizer slowed down then that really bad week of weather shut down shipments. It is picking up very well again.

Tonight on the news they said 500,000 Iowans are fully vaccinated. That sounded high but with the one dose vaccine it can be done.

Scientists have been working on this mRNA vaccine method for 20 years and already had great results in animals like chimps, etc. We all have mRNA molecules in most of our bodily cells making proteins etc but this time it is making a small piece of virus protein to kick in our immune system. I sure hope most people get the vaccine so we can shut this virus down rather than have to keep track of who has or hasnt had a vaccine.

Has anyone got the antibody test to see if they already had covid and didn't realize it, or had it before it was major news?

I'm 55 and got my first dose of Phizer on Thursday. Second dose will be on April 22nd.

Now if only my back spasms will go away.......

I got my first Moderna shot on Friday. My ass was kicked until Sunday. No fever, but achy, absolutely no energy, and could hardly move my arm due to soreness. Glad I've got 4 weeks to prep for round 2.

I got my first Moderna shot on Friday. My ass was kicked until Sunday. No fever, but achy, absolutely no energy, and could hardly move my arm due to soreness. Glad I've got 4 weeks to prep for round 2.
I get my first one tomorrow, and I have a very important event for my son Wednesday evening with a bunch of family I haven't seen in years; some of them decades.

I'm hoping like hell I don't have a bad time with it (it would not sway my decision or opinion etiehr way).

I've had friends who had zero reaction to either shot, and friends who had both shots put them out of commission. That part of it seems to be a total crap shoot.

I get my first one tomorrow, and I have a very important event for my son Wednesday evening with a bunch of family I haven't seen in years; some of them decades.

I'm hoping like hell I don't have a bad time with it (it would not sway my decision or opinion etiehr way).

I've had friends who had zero reaction to either shot, and friends who had both shots put them out of commission. That part of it seems to be a total crap shoot.
Same here. What I've mostly heard is that even those with complications generally tend to return to normal within 48 hours. My Saturday was hell, but Sunday it seemed like nothing more than a little fatigue. It'll be fine.

Pfizer. No side effects first or second shots. Over a month out from 2nd now. Had not been in a restaurant, bar, in
a full year. Groceries, supplies at Festival pickup station...ordered on line. Curbside pharmacy. Minimal contact with family after testing in proximity of visit. I live alone. Zoom for Lions Club Board, Church Board and services, and Library Board.

April 1, left WI for Florida. Three stops, one each in southern MO, one in Gulfport, MS, now in Cedar Key, FL. Gas stations, restaurants, hotels on the trip down all required masks. At least 90% cooperation from travelers. Cedar Key...scattered requirements, not much compliance with masks. Not much social distancing. I have been careful and wear a mask when needed in my judgment. No politics. Just observation.

Three more weeks down here, St. Augustine and Amelia Island. Interesting journey.

Pfizer. No side effects first or second shots. Over a month out from 2nd now. Had not been in a restaurant, bar, in
a full year. Groceries, supplies at Festival pickup station...ordered on line. Curbside pharmacy. Minimal contact with family after testing in proximity of visit. I live alone. Zoom for Lions Club Board, Church Board and services, and Library Board.

April 1, left WI for Florida. Three stops, one each in southern MO, one in Gulfport, MS, now in Cedar Key, FL. Gas stations, restaurants, hotels on the trip down all required masks. At least 90% cooperation from travelers. Cedar Key...scattered requirements, not much compliance with masks. Not much social distancing. I have been careful and wear a mask when needed in my judgment. No politics. Just observation.

Three more weeks down here, St. Augustine and Amelia Island. Interesting journey.
I was in Gulfport about a month ago when we went to New Orleans for four days. The Outlet mall, anyway.

Walked along, and in, the Gulf in Biloxi. Gulf was a little chilly in early March but that's fine.

As you probably know, Biloxi is cut in half by a causeway that parallels the Gulf about a mile or so inland. The part of town on the inland side of the causeway got a little more protection from Hurricane Katrina. On the gulf side of the causeway there are still concrete slabs were buildings and homes were washed away and to this day not rebuilt.

Just got the first Moderna about 2 minutes ago, fellas. Posting this from the after-wait area.

Sorry to tell you guys Fryowa isn’t gonna croak from Covid like most people hoped.

Just got the first Moderna about 2 minutes ago, fellas. Posting this from the after-wait area.

Sorry to tell you guys Fryowa isn’t gonna croak from Covid like most people hoped.
Got my second last Wednesday. Pretty much out of commission Thursday with aches and chills, and was really tired Friday. So you might want to plan for a day or two off after your second.

Glad you got it!

You're still 6 weeks out from full immunity so there's still hope! :)
The different sources I’ve seen all agree that severity is reduced to mild levels almost immediately. You guys are gonna have to hope harder than that.

Actually, you guys got a known commodity when I started modding which is better than some random jack wagon who didn’t know anyone here from Adam. And like me or hate me, the only people I’ve warned or banned (which is very few) have been for legitimate politics/religion/etc posting against the rules, and I give out a ton of warnings before it gets to that. And you have to admit the sports boards are waaaaaaay more civil now than they were in June.

Got my second last Wednesday. Pretty much out of commission Thursday with aches and chills, and was really tired Friday. So you might want to plan for a day or two off after your second.

Glad you got it!
Thanks.

I’ve heard the second one was rougher. I got Moderna, which one did you get?

The different sources I’ve seen all agree that severity is reduced to mild levels almost immediately. You guys are gonna have to hope harder than that.

Actually, you guys got a known commodity when I started modding which is better than some random jack wagon who didn’t know anyone here from Adam. And like me or hate me, the only people I’ve warned or banned (which is very few) have been for legitimate politics/religion/etc posting against the rules, and I give out a ton of warnings before it gets to that. And you have to admit the sports boards are waaaaaaay more civil now than they were in June.
What's that saying about the devil you know?

No side effects this morning at all.
I think your side effects snuck in with my side effects over the weekend. Glad to hear things are going well. Just tell me there's at least a little soreness in the arm you got shot it, so I don't hate you. Crazy how like the virus itself everyone seems to be effected different.

Latest posts