Ihmir Smith-Marsette

He has a bad attitude and is a poor example for younger classman. Our track record of not sending a WR to the pros continues. Next man in and good riddance.
But Matt Roth can celebrate a sack against Florida by mocking their gator chomp, or end a pre bowl press conference with a double bird salute to LSU.

I've always believed in doing your talking with your performance as well, but in this case 7 for 140 and 2 TD's spoke loud and clear. Remember ISM was part of an effort in 2017 that put up less than 100 yards of offense. Also there was some yapping going on out there and one hit on ISM was close to (but not) targeting. I don't remember much yapping after ISM shut them up, though to be fair I didn't watch the last six minutes of the game.

As for the NFL, all you have to do is turn your TV on any Sunday of the season. The NFL is full of wide receivers who showboat. Perhaps there the ones showing the bad example.

Overall you're just butthurt because you don't believe this is the Iowa way. Lighten up Francis, we beat Wisconsin. If ISM were really an issue he would have retaliated against the Illinois player last week after the TD and drawn fifteen or an ejection.

Last edited:
He has a bad attitude and is a poor example for younger classman. Our track record of not sending a WR to the pros continues. Next man in and good riddance.
Was he (and I'm not sure), maybe the player of the game yesterday? I disagree with you. He's a spark, he's fiery, and he's talented. Typically when Iowa loses it doesn't have a difference maker. He is just that.

Wadley was flagged for for a little high stepping. I was surprised there was no flag. I hate Wisconsin. Nice to put a whipping on them and to rub it in their faces at the same time.

The people who are outraged at this need to lighten up. ISM loves trophy games - he has said so in the past - it was senior day, and he had never beaten Whisky before.

He was living in the moment, celebrating, and most likely venting some frustration.

Dumb, but it is not like he whipped out a phone from the goal post and took a selfie.

This would be much less of an issue on this board had he not hurt himself.

All is forgiven! I talked to him on the phone and he confirmed that he lost his balance and did the flip to avoid injury. Almost made it!

Wonder if he will be able to play against Michigan Saturday night. If not, it just hurts the threat downfield on our passing attack. Never really cared for "look at me type of player". I heard Kirks' post game comment on it. That was the new improved don't say much that can be turned against you kinda statement. Deep down we all know Kirk was pissed.

Wonder if he will be able to play against Michigan Saturday night. If not, it just hurts the threat downfield on our passing attack. Never really cared for "look at me type of player". I heard Kirks' post game comment on it. That was the new improved don't say much that can be turned against you kinda statement. Deep down we all know Kirk was pissed.
If we need ISM to beat Michigan...then we just showed up thinking we can win. Our defense is going to make it really hard for them to score. You will never mistake Michigan's offensive line for Wisconsin's. They have talent...but we have a huge advantage in the trenches...but you have to show up. Michigan has also had a ton of injuries on their front. We should be able to just pound them on both sides of the ball.

If we need ISM to beat Michigan...then we just showed up thinking we can win. Our defense is going to make it really hard for them to score. You will never mistake Michigan's offensive line for Wisconsin's. They have talent...but we have a huge advantage in the trenches...but you have to show up. Michigan has also had a ton of injuries on their front. We should be able to just pound them on both sides of the ball.
Not saying we can't win without him just that the threat to go deep will be tougher if he's not able to go.

Oh here we go....racism....right? No, what Matt Roth did didn’t hurt himself and affect the team. What ISM did...did! Has nothing to do with skin color. Good Gawd! I thought Charlie Jones made a bone headed play yesterday. I would have thought the same regardless of skin color.
ISM scoring a TD hurt the team? Jones idiotically trying to field a punt basically handed Wiscy their only points of the game. THAT hurt the team. We were up by 3 TD's after the ISM play.

Well said. There's maybe a reason why people are disproportionately angry about this WR's antics, and why they love a Matt Roth.
Oh here we go....racism....right? No, what Matt Roth did didn’t hurt himself and affect the team. What ISM did...did! Has nothing to do with skin color. Good Gawd! I thought Charlie Jones made a bone headed play yesterday. I would have thought the same regardless of skin color.
Deleting these posts but quoting for context. You guys want to discuss that shit go do it in the OT forum.

The people who are outraged at this need to lighten up. ISM loves trophy games - he has said so in the past - it was senior day, and he had never beaten Whisky before.

He was living in the moment, celebrating, and most likely venting some frustration.

Dumb, but it is not like he whipped out a phone from the goal post and took a selfie.

This would be much less of an issue on this board had he not hurt ok
Deleting these posts but quoting for context. You guys want to discuss that shit go do it in the OT forum.
I’m glad I could point it out so you could delete that shit!

ISM scoring a TD hurt the team? Jones idiotically trying to field a punt basically handed Wiscy their only points of the game. THAT hurt the team. We were up by 3 TD's after the ISM play.
Yep and both actions were boneheaded actions. Nobody is complaining about ISM scoring the TD, just the stupid flip!

Wouldn't be a Hawkeye message board if we weren't all threatening each other, in-fighting or threatening banishment for giving opinions. SMH. Opinions are just that.....don't get butt hurt or threaten banishment. The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows. You gonna ban people for eating cheeseburgers because there are starving kids in the world? Hypocrisy...thought police....bad press....lack of participation...just don't. If someone wants to cheer something that isn't popular....stick to banishing for racism or assault or a crime. Point out in the rules that he or whoever can't be happy about an injury? I think its wrong, but banishment? Can he apologize Der Fuhrer?

Wouldn't be a Hawkeye message board if we weren't all threatening each other, in-fighting or threatening banishment for giving opinions. SMH. Opinions are just that.....don't get butt hurt or threaten banishment. The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows. You gonna ban people for eating cheeseburgers because there are starving kids in the world? Hypocrisy...thought police....bad press....lack of participation...just don't. If someone wants to cheer something that isn't popular....stick to banishing for racism or assault or a crime. Point out in the rules that he or whoever can't be happy about an injury? I think its wrong, but banishment? Can he apologize Der Fuhrer?
I'm going to reply to myself. His selfish actions cost his team if he isn't able to play in the next game. I can almost guarantee there are thousands of Hawkeye fans who aren't "excited" that he got injured but immediately thought to themselves...something along the lines of he deserved it, serves him right, karma or something of the like. To give a reaction that seems reasonable given the idiotic nature of doing an unnecessary flip into the end zone isn't cruel, harsh or insensitive. Its calling it like it is.....a terrible decision and there are consequences often times for terrible decisions. At the end of the day I dont think a soul on here wants an iowa player or opponent injured. But don't cry when someone calls out the stupidity.

Latest posts