Let's talk about.....BEER!

I can't find the lyrics online. Someone needs to get that album and check if my memory of lyrics I haven't heard in 35+ years is still correct.

Link? Who needs a damned link? I have a steel trap brain.

"Hawkeye Fever is spreadin' through the land,
You better get on the band wagon while you can,
Coaches and players are havin' lots of fun,
Hawkeyes something something fight for number 1."

My old man played the shit out of that back in the early 80's.

LMAO...and just so we get back to topic, I'll drink to that with one of these:

1604085753569.png

I can't find the lyrics online. Someone needs to get that album and check if my memory of lyrics I haven't heard in 35+ years is still correct.
Had never seen that before. Gotta have it so I bought the fucker...

Now I need to find a turntable 'cause I ain't buying one for $40

Capture.jpg

Had never seen that before. Gotta have it so I bought the fucker...

Now I need to find a turntable 'cause I ain't buying one for $40

Capture.jpg

You never heard that? Are you even an Iowa fan? If my memory is correct, most of it was actually about basketball. There's a song about Lute on there. Please figure out a way to upload it so I can see if I got the lyrics on the first song right.

You never heard that? Are you even an Iowa fan? If my memory is correct, most of it was actually about basketball. There's a song about Lute on there. Please figure out a way to upload it so I can see if I got the lyrics on the first song right.
Nope. Never knew it existed. Ebay had a cassette tape listed way cheaper but who knows what you're getting. It was open but this album is still in the shrink wrap.

I seriously don't know if I can find anyone with a turntable but I'm gonna...

Nope. Never knew it existed. Ebay had a cassette tape listed way cheaper but who knows what you're getting. It was open but this album is still in the shrink wrap.

I seriously don't know if I can find anyone with a turntable but I'm gonna...

Here you go, buddy.

Here you go, buddy.

Album is supposed to be on my doorstep when I get home. I think I found a buddy whose dad has a turntable in his shop (2am on a Saturday in that shop Waylon Jennings records come out).

I found an RCA to iPhone connector on Amazon, @okeefe4prez ask some of your young hipster colleagues if there's an app for recording audio that way. That chick who picked Iceman over Maverick--while misguided--is probably smart enough to find one.

Unfortunately I would rapidly consume beer/liquor until it became a “problem”
So no more beer for me. When I did drink I liked PBR, and other fine macro brews.

Always a treat when you can cross the border into WI and come back with some New Glarus, most of the time Spotted Cow. However, I came home with some Fat Squirrel a few weeks ago and that stuff is REALLY good. It's a brown nut ale.

I'm also anxious for Yeungling to be sold nationwide soon!
Man we have the same taste!!

Yeungling is going to be sold Nationwide? Man, that is a treat to me when I go to the SE. Spotted cow is gem of the Midwest. I also like regular Potosi. I nice smooth beer.

Oh, and Busch Lite sucks balls!! That aftertaste.

Always a treat when you can cross the border into WI and come back with some New Glarus, most of the time Spotted Cow. However, I came home with some Fat Squirrel a few weeks ago and that stuff is REALLY good. It's a brown nut ale.

Is Yeungling going nationwide? OMG that is one of the best cheap lagers around!

That's weird, when I was in college Busch Ice was even cheaper than Natty Ice which is the bottom rung of the ice beer ladder.

We had ABV per dollar per ounce worked out to a science that would impress MIT's computational mathematics department.
The bottom goes to Schmidt. Worst beer I've ever had, and I've had my share of rot-gut brews.

Unfortunately I would rapidly consume beer/liquor until it became a “problem”
So no more beer for me. When I did drink I liked PBR, and other fine macro brews.

back in the beginning of the pandemic a bar/restaurant had 6 pack PBR tall boys for cheap so I picked it up. It has become a regular in my rotation. It tastes like a craft beer at a discount price! Other than those my steadies are Des Moines locals Exile Ruthie and Confluence Capital Gold.

Spotted Cow is butter.

I also heard Yeungling is going nationwide. It's a good change of pace beer. If you take a trip to the east and can get it, it is nice for a few drinking sessions. Once you can buy it everyday, it becomes an afterthought. Probably like Coors a few decades ago. I think they'll have a massive sales boom for the first year and second year sales will go back to reality.

Spotted Cow, on the other hand, that is a really good beer. That beer would crush it if it went national.

Anyone here old enough to remember when it was really special to come back from Colorado with a 6-pack of Coors?

The ‘60s equivalent of returning from Belgium now with a couple bottles of Westvleteren.

I also heard Yeungling is going nationwide. It's a good change of pace beer. If you take a trip to the east and can get it, it is nice for a few drinking sessions. Once you can buy it everyday, it becomes an afterthought.
Toured the brewery twice. Super, super cool place and I highly recommend the trip even if one doesn't drink. They still store beer underground in the same tunnels they used in the 1800s, and you can still see the brick wall they were forced to put up sealing it off during prohibition. I've been to the Coors, and two of the Anheuser breweries and Yeungling is orders of magnitude more fun.

But yeah. Going nationwide is going to make Yeungling the new hipster beer and send PBR back to the old man cooler behind Hamm's and Grain Belt.