OT: Usernames

No doubt. However if you live in Sioux City you are about as close to Iowa City as I am to Gatlinburg... I live between Nashville and Memphis. I'm like 45 miles north west from where TN, Bama and MS all come together at the river.

My mother in law used to live between Cedar Grove and Lexington, not far off a I40 exit. She has an uncle that lives not far from the area you are describing and I've been to Pickwick Dam several times, along with Shiloh. You don't find many Hawkeye fans in that neck of the woods, mostly Tennessee with a few Bama & Ole Miss fans.

My user name has a dumb story. My wife and I had a child early on in our relationship, we waited 7 years before having another one. One day I decided to get a new thing called electronic mail so I signed up for a Yahoo account, since I wasn't all that creative I choose the first initials of our first name with my last name for our account name. I never thought to change it once we started having more kids or it would be SSCSAJKelley now. The user name seems easily accessible on any site I like to visit so it stuck. I've had people ask me if I choose the name from a battleship, I've not heard of ssckelley battleship. lol

It’s my name. Think how much bigger of an asshole I’d be if I were anonymous.

Mine is NOT my name, but I have links to who I am all over my profile and share that info regularly on the site. I am totally not anonymous and I like it that way. I stand behind what I say on social media.

My mother in law used to live between Cedar Grove and Lexington, not far off a I40 exit. She has an uncle that lives not far from the area you are describing and I've been to Pickwick Dam several times, along with Shiloh. You don't find many Hawkeye fans in that neck of the woods, mostly Tennessee with a few Bama & Ole Miss fans.
Yes Lexington is where I bank and do most of my day to day stuff. I'm like 20 mins strait south of there. It's the county seat for where I live.

Yeah Pickwick is a touristy place for sure. Shiloh park is pretty neat I've only taken the time to cruise through there a couple times. I wonder with all the confederate flag this and that going on now if they've been vandalized and whatnot. They'd been closed due to corona for awhile I saw on the news but they may have reopened now.

I might be 100 miles or so from where Brandon Smith is from too. He grew up just south of Memphis about 20 miles. It still blows my mind we got him and an SEC team didn't. Specifically either of the MS schools. They shoulda been fighting over him. He shoulda been offered based on his physique alone the guy is an unreal looking athlete.

Yes Lexington is where I bank and do most of my day to day stuff. I'm like 20 mins strait south of there. It's the county seat for where I live.

Yeah Pickwick is a touristy place for sure. Shiloh park is pretty neat I've only taken the time to cruise through there a couple times. I wonder with all the confederate flag this and that going on now if they've been vandalized and whatnot. They'd been closed due to corona for awhile I saw on the news but they may have reopened now.

I might be 100 miles or so from where Brandon Smith is from too. He grew up just south of Memphis about 20 miles. It still blows my mind we got him and an SEC team didn't. Specifically either of the MS schools. They shoulda been fighting over him. He shoulda been offered based on his physique alone the guy is an unreal looking athlete.

Then I've probably driven past your place a few times. My wife used to live in Crump and went to grade school in Morris Chapel. Another uncle of hers used to be the Chief of Police in Savannah, he now works as a Federal Marshal at the courthouse in Jackson. When we go down to stay there is this neat hotel outside of Clifton where I get good deals on a cabin rental. My wife has been bugging me to go back, her mom now lives in Savannah.

20 years ago I smoked a lot of weed and a buddy came up with it for a gaming username. Also one of my favorite brands is Reef (especially sandals - bottle openers or a flask on the bottom!) Over the years I've found that about half of the people that see it never figure out what it means, a quarter of them know right away and the other quarter are very excited when they figure it out. Also just like my first name, the letters form a tiny triangle on a keyboard so it's easy to type!

20 years ago I smoked a lot of weed and a buddy came up with it for a gaming username. Also one of my favorite brands is Reef (especially sandals - bottle openers or a flask on the bottom!) Over the years I've found that about half of the people that see it never figure out what it means, a quarter of them know right away and the other quarter are very excited when they figure it out. Also just like my first name, the letters form a tiny triangle on a keyboard so it's easy to type!

Lol, I never put it together like that before.

BigD,

My wife was looking over my shoulder one day while I was typing in a reply to a post. She ask me why do you call yourself that? She then says “Is it because of your anatomy? I say back to her that she of all people would know that’s not true. She knew better not to respond because any comment from her one way or the other was going to lead to a discussion that wouldn’t be good.

It’s very simple. My first name starts with the letter “D” so a lot of my friends, family, and co workers call me BigD as a nick name.

BigD,

My wife was looking over my shoulder one day while I was typing in a reply to a post. She ask me why do you call yourself that? She then says “Is it because of your anatomy? I say back to her that she of all people would know that’s not true. She knew better not to respond because any comment from her one way or the other was going to lead to a discussion that wouldn’t be good.

It’s very simple. My first name starts with the letter “D” so a lot of my friends, family, and co workers call me BigD as a nick name.

You know you could have lied to us, we wouldn't have known the difference. :D

My user name has a dumb story. My wife and I had a child early on in our relationship, we waited 7 years before having another one. One day I decided to get a new thing called electronic mail so I signed up for a Yahoo account, since I wasn't all that creative I choose the first initials of our first name with my last name for our account name. I never thought to change it once we started having more kids or it would be SSCSAJKelley now. The user name seems easily accessible on any site I like to visit so it stuck. I've had people ask me if I choose the name from a battleship, I've not heard of ssckelley battleship. lol
I figured you were from South Sioux City and your name was Kelley :)

Now your starting to scare me, Cliff.

Rolls Royce makes airplane engines? Who knew?
Yeah. It’s a ridiculous thing. If there was aircraft version of Jeopardy Ken Jennings wouldn’t have shit on me, but I am in no way associated professionally or personally with flying or airplanes. Other than my interest in it.

And as far as engines, P&W, GE, and RR are options usually available for all commercial jets. For example, most 777s have GE90 engines (largest and most powerful turbine engines in the world up until the GE9x came out a couple years ago), but can also be ordered with RR892’s which are slightly smaller and lower thrust. Fun fact, a GE90 engine on a triple seven is actually slightly larger in diameter than the entire fuselage of a 737.

Sorry. I’ll stop.

Then I've probably driven past your place a few times. My wife used to live in Crump and went to grade school in Morris Chapel. Another uncle of hers used to be the Chief of Police in Savannah, he now works as a Federal Marshal at the courthouse in Jackson. When we go down to stay there is this neat hotel outside of Clifton where I get good deals on a cabin rental. My wife has been bugging me to go back, her mom now lives in Savannah.
Yup I live 3 miles east off of highway 20 that runs from Lexington to Adamsville. I'm like 5 miles NE of Milledgeville. I'm sure you've been through there and at that gas station in the middle of nowhere then. I used to have a rental house in Savannah just north of the lumber store. It's a neat old southern river town. I'll never do the land lord thing again. Not to stereotype folks or anything but man I had the worst luck with renters in that town...

Yeah. It’s a ridiculous thing. If there was aircraft version of Jeopardy Ken Jennings wouldn’t have shit on me, but I am in no way associated professionally or personally with flying or airplanes. Other than my interest in it.

And as far as engines, P&W, GE, and RR are options usually available for all commercial jets. For example, most 777s have GE90 engines (largest and most powerful turbine engines in the world up until the GE9x came out a couple years ago), but can also be ordered with RR892’s which are slightly smaller and lower thrust. Fun fact, a GE90 engine on a triple seven is actually slightly larger in diameter than the entire fuselage of a 737.

Sorry. I’ll stop.

You are an interesting Joe.

So ya knocked her up early, huh?

That's what I got otta reading that! ;)

Latest posts