OT: Usernames

Fryowa

Administrator
This has been doen before but not in a long, long time. We're due for a revisit.

Where did your username come from? What were you thinking of when you entered it signing up?

Mine is a complete ripoff. I saw a shirt from RAYGUN in Des Moines that said FRYOWA on it and I thought it was funny so I stole it. I'm not smart or funny enough to think of something like that.

Browns fan. Hanford Dixon was one of my favorite Browns when I was growing up and his nickname was Top Dawg. No idea where the 99 came from.

My band from 2001-2009's name was Icares. Hard Rock. Toured. Our second album was called "In Good Company"

I used it for a lot of stuff at the time and I originally came to this board sometime in that time range.

Mines boring unoriginal and self explanatory. Boo me.

Ain't nothing boring about eastern Tennessee, my friend. Beautiful part of the country. Gatlinburg, Knoxville, Johnson City, Rocky Top, Oak Ridge. Went to the mountains Saturday - that view on the Tennessee/NC border is just awesome. I personally ain't a fan of the mountains out west because those things are so damned big they scare me, but I could totally live in eastern TN or western NC.

My name was selected as an accoutrement to my first ever post on here. Old Man Miller had run me off the old Scout Board and I had to go incognito, so I knew if I rolled in with balls deep support of Coach Alford, still the program's winningest coach in Big Ten Tournament play, I knew he would sniff me out and ban me immediately. So I had to jump on the O'Keefe bandwagon. We were 7-0 and the offense was humming back on October 19, 2009 when I joined. My first ever post on HN:

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/okeefes-future-if-we-win-out.140/

Hunter S Thompson

3ad3d9dd-1200-4f14-81cf-28215d6738f3_1550707200.jpeg

b507e95e135170bd4f57637d6c796a8f.jpg

Looks like he is wearing my Rod Laver tennis shoes

1460145888-kanye-adidas-rod-laver.jpg

I have this exact pair. My daughter Kate presented me with them at Christmas a while ago

Hunter was the founder of Gonzo Journalism with his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas which was serialized in Rolling Stone Magazine with art by Ralph Steadman

3542.jpg

ralph-steadman-bad-craziness.jpg

Hunter was the inspiration for Raoul Duke in Doonesbury

uncle-duke-94109ab8-e608-4f86-a1b7-97598801cbd-resize-750.jpg

:cool::cool:
1*zQ2c1q76t0h058UjNaHACQ.gif

And of course, Gene Chandler

:cool:

Last edited:
Ain't nothing boring about eastern Tennessee, my friend. Beautiful part of the country. Gatlinburg, Knoxville, Johnson City, Rocky Top, Oak Ridge. Went to the mountains Saturday - that view on the Tennessee/NC border is just awesome. I personally ain't a fan of the mountains out west because those things are so damned big they scare me, but I could totally live in eastern TN or western NC.
No doubt. However if you live in Sioux City you are about as close to Iowa City as I am to Gatlinburg... I live between Nashville and Memphis. I'm like 45 miles north west from where TN, Bama and MS all come together at the river.

I had a brother who went to Northwestern. I gave him a lot of shit about their futility, especially in bowl games. Prior to Pat Fitzgeralds 2012 Gator Bowl win, Northwestern hadn't won a bowl game in 64 years. It had been 52 years in 2000, so I ended all my email and written correspondence with him after the turn of the century with Win One This Century. I had 11 glorious years of communication leading up to that win...now it's just nostalgic. Just another reason why I hate Pat Fitzgerald.

No doubt. However if you live in Sioux City you are about as close to Iowa City as I am to Gatlinburg... I live between Nashville and Memphis. I'm like 45 miles north west from where TN, Bama and MS all come together at the river.
That sucks. Tennessee is a really wide state. I don't think I'd really want to live that far west in Tennessee.

This has been doen before but not in a long, long time. We're due for a revisit.

Where did your username come from? What were you thinking of when you entered it signing up?

Mine is a complete ripoff. I saw a shirt from RAYGUN in Des Moines that said FRYOWA on it and I thought it was funny so I stole it. I'm not smart or funny enough to think of something like that.

a418f6d59d9f10428ce206b443de4680.jpg

:cool:

Holy shit. My mom's entire side of the family is from the Corinth area starting in the 50s and Jackson, MS from there back.

Latest posts