Mike Gundy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand how a message board works.

I was wondering what leads you, personally, to answer questions/comments not directed your way? Any idea?
If you’re trying to shame me into feeling like a weirdo it ain’t gonna work. 1) I don’t have much shame, and 2) I already know I’m weird.

To answer your question, I had an opinion on what you wrote so I posted it. If you’re looking for a bastion of civil discourse, an anonymous message board ain’t it. This is the Wild West.

I am not offended at all. It is just inaccurate and unfair to other citizens which make up a healthy democracy, whose lives also matter. How many whites/Hispanics, unarmed, were killed by police in the most recent statistics as compared to blacks?

As stated before, each time there is a police "killing" of anyone, I would like to know the FACTS of the situation. What did the victim do to cause an officer to fire a weapon for example? Does he or she have a violent criminal record? Was the victim jacked up on drugs? Had the victim recently threatened violence to his/her spouse prior to the police call? Did the victim have a weapon such as a knife, or act like they were carrying a weapon? Was there confusion during the situation? Was it dark? Were the officers told of a crime and were searching for someone who had been identified?

The idea of turning someone automatically into an innocent victim when killed by a police officer is unfair, dangerous and absurd. It incites anarchy, using an anecdotal unfortunate event, to judge others before a fair hearing or trial. Let's hear the truth and not immediately go into the "martyr/victim" default setting with prejudged reporting.

Let's hear it all, all the time, so citizens know and can make logical decisions about whether to protest for an innocent victim or to protest in favor of a police officer who was doing his duty in a dangerous situation and is now under attack.

Wanting all the truth and not just propaganda talking points would serve our country well.

Do black lives matter to blacks? It doesn't seem that way when you take an honest look at black on black murders and crime in our country. Perhaps they need to protest against themselves a bit to be fair.

So it seems...

Who said anyone is automatically turned into an innocent victim? Try being honest, rev.

Geez, what a dumpster fire this place has turned into.

I must say I am at a loss as to why wearing a news company's t-shirt is a near-fireable offense for a football coach, but in today's knee-jerk environment, apparently that is the case. FYI, OAN is pretty darn rightward and Trump-loving, but honestly they're not too much farther to the right these days than CNN is to the left and Trump-hating. Honestly, I would hardly trust anything either of them report at this point. You know what else is a dumpster fire these days? Our media. Very disappointing.

I'm also bothered by the rampant personal attacks right and left on this board, from people on both sides (So all Trump supporters are pieces of shit, Rob? Is that kind of vitriol really necessary? Does it serve any real purpose other than division?)

All I know is: very little of this seems to have anything to do with Iowa football, and none of it is enjoyable. So, I'm out until the day before the first game, then I'll peek back in again. If it's still like this, then forget it. I'm here for the football, not profanity-laden political fights where no one's mind is ever going to be changed. If people are talking civilly about football again, I'll be here regularly. Like I have been for some years now.

I have a bit of advice for all concerned: ratchet down the rhetoric. You know the old saying about too much heat and not enough light? Yeah, that's this place right now.

See you all around Labor Day! Until then, to quote the legendary Dalton: "Be nice."
Dalton was nice...until the thug flashed the knife.

Then Dalton wasn't so nice anymore.

The leader of the house band in that movie was Jeff Healey, who would soon have a handful of radio hits, which were sang approximately 78,621 times in karaoke bars in the early nineties.

Anarchy is always boiling under the surface of democracy. If the "mobs" are accepted as supporting One Way Think they are advertised as heroes. This in spite of the lives and businesses they destroy along their paths.

Was Reverend king one of those people?

Game threads are never gonna be the same.

There’s too many people here to remember who we’re supposed to hate and make fun of. What happens if we virtually high five a Maga Neanderthal or a commie antifa member after a touchdown?

Oh, the humanity...

all must comply...do not question approved narrative...all must comply. Those who do not will be dealt with appropriately.

Deep state! Rainbows and unicorns and black peeeple! Grab the tinfoil hats!!!!

The far right is in power at the state and national level. Donald freaking Trump is the president.

How is it that y'all are victims even now? I'm totally serious. Very wealthy, old ,white men are very much in control. Scared?

Well Rob, I have enjoyed this website but you comments about President Trump are beyond the pale. John Gillenwater, LTC, United States Army, Retired
Jeez, the guy has a right to voice his opinion.

This country that you have helped protect has given us the right to free speech and opinions.

I voted for Trump in 2016 but I'm not offended in the least. The Donald is more than a few bricks short of a load in the human relationships department. But that's not why he's in office.

Game threads are never gonna be the same.

There’s too many people here to remember who we’re supposed to hate and make fun of. What happens if we virtually high five a Maga Neanderthal or a commie antifa member after a touchdown?

Oh, the humanity...

There used to be a lot of political stuff on this board and everyone seems to get along in real life.

Surprised at the fear and anger in our right wing friends today though.

The blm issue shouldn't be a left vs right issue. It's an issue of justice.

all must comply...do not question approved narrative...all must comply. Those who do not will be dealt with appropriately.

A black, unpaid, young player maybe made an impulsive tweet about his distaste for his millionaire, bizarre, shitkicker coach. And that's what you got from it?

Something I found interesting with this too is that Gundy is getting painted as that since he wears that shirt he must agree with EVERYTHING that's on that channel. How stupid of an assumption is that? Just because he may agree with some of what some of the people on that channel says sure as hell doesn't mean he does to everything they all say does it? Nobody does that for any other news channel or opinion show of any kind. Here's where that's so stupid. For those that wear Nike stuff do they all support child labor laws to be violated or are they for the causes of Kaepernick? Like which is it? We cherry pick our selective outrage...

Gundy is getting heat for not apologizing in that but what's he supposed to apologize for exactly? Wearing a shirt to go fishing in that he has every right to wear? He didn't wear it on a recruiting trip to recruit Greg Floyds son did he? He didn't wear it to some function where it'd have been inappropriate. If any kid doesn't like that the coach leans the way he does politically and that in and of itself is reason enough for them to not want to play for them then so be it. They can transfer. But man is that going to now be a question asked both ways on recruiting trips now? Where is this sort of thing heading?

The kid obviously agreed with Gundy that the way he went about blasting him on Twitter about it instead of going to him directly over it was the wrong way to do it. (Hmm where have we heard that before?)

The CEO of my organization wouldn't wear a fox or MSNBC t shirt. These people are typically really smart.

Gundy said some really stupid and inaccurate things about covid
Not even close, but nice spin.

Not spin. You see KF wearing political t shirts? Gundy invited controversy. He loves it. Reap what you sow.

Love all these freedom guys getting butthurt when one of them is criticized. Poor victims.

Jeez, the guy has a right to voice his opinion.

This country that you have helped protect has given us the right to free speech and opinions.

I voted for Trump in 2016 but I'm not offended in the least. The Donald is more than a few bricks short of a load in the human relationships department. But that's not why he's in office.
I voted for Trump too. If there was even an average Democrat this year, I'd consider not voting for Trump this time. Since there's not, I will.

The CEO of my organization wouldn't wear a fox or MSNBC t shirt. These people are typically really smart.

Not spin. You see KF wearing political t shirts? Gundy invited controversy. He loves it. Reap what you sow.

Love all these freedom guys getting butthurt when one of them is criticized. Poor victims.
You think a shirt of a news station is a political shirt?

You're slipping, throw in more buzz words and simplistic labels, like your first post. It strengthens your point.

She may have been a Rhodes Scholar. Not sure.

Rhodes Scholar for certain

https://www.businessinsider.com/rachel-maddow-bio-rhodes-scholar-news-anchor-activist-2019-9

Here she is in high school

97dcfcbc0065a458fc332dbd573231e2.jpg

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.