Mike Gundy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may try to reel it back in when we get back to games. Right now, with this story at Iowa and what's going on in the country with sports and social issues colliding daily, you're right, it's too hard to separate it. And the national anthem debate will be a big story when games roll around. Maybe it's the new normal.

And there's not really a large group of people going at it on here. It's a small group in the grand scheme of things.

I'll do my best to moderate if things get too far out of hand, whatever that might be these days.

Donald Trump is a complete idiot and piece of shit of a human being. He might be the only republican that could lose to Joe Biden. We're all fucked.
Well Rob, I have enjoyed this website but you comments about President Trump are beyond the pale. John Gillenwater, LTC, United States Army, Retired

Character has always been important at Iowa. It seems though that Ferentz wants African American players to use Beaver Cleaver as their role model. The fact that players are saying there are inequities in punishment between black and white players is what is most concerning.

Proudhawkfan21
It's up to a university to offer to who they want to offer to correct? The assumption is that every program wants to win. I think some of these instances will lead to coaches recruiting athletes with character that fits their program and goals. With 100+ D1 programs out there, smart coaches aren't going to mortgage their futures for kids that might not fit in and then trash a program on the way out. Id take 8 wins and a secure job over 9 wins and worrying about my reputation after this. Maybe? Every coach is going to have to think hard about who they offer now. Character is going to matter even more to some coaches.

Geez, what a dumpster fire this place has turned into.

I must say I am at a loss as to why wearing a news company's t-shirt is a near-fireable offense for a football coach, but in today's knee-jerk environment, apparently that is the case. FYI, OAN is pretty darn rightward and Trump-loving, but honestly they're not too much farther to the right these days than CNN is to the left and Trump-hating. Honestly, I would hardly trust anything either of them report at this point. You know what else is a dumpster fire these days? Our media. Very disappointing.

I'm also bothered by the rampant personal attacks right and left on this board, from people on both sides (So all Trump supporters are pieces of shit, Rob? Is that kind of vitriol really necessary? Does it serve any real purpose other than division?)

All I know is: very little of this seems to have anything to do with Iowa football, and none of it is enjoyable. So, I'm out until the day before the first game, then I'll peek back in again. If it's still like this, then forget it. I'm here for the football, not profanity-laden political fights where no one's mind is ever going to be changed. If people are talking civilly about football again, I'll be here regularly. Like I have been for some years now.

I have a bit of advice for all concerned: ratchet down the rhetoric. You know the old saying about too much heat and not enough light? Yeah, that's this place right now.

See you all around Labor Day! Until then, to quote the legendary Dalton: "Be nice."

I feel fine living "in the hands of Jesus" come join me Fry.

I feel sad for Jon, a lost soul.

"Blessed are those who have not seen, and yet believe!"
I can’t join you. I’d be lying to myself.

Don’t feel sad for him. Feel happy that he found his way. If you read that whole statement he’s happy, not lost.

And since we’re closing with quotes,

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you’d have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”

I wouldn't cross the street to meet that racist, misogynistic piece of shit of a human being. And people who still support him are pieces of shit, too. Any other questions?
Do you think your political views affect this board in terms of the "racial issues" swirling about the Iowa program?

How it is reported? Which "tweets" are worthy of dissemination, etc.?

Just wondering, nothing else.

That voters have these two candidates to choose from is, well, disappointing, so it seems.

Why do you answer questions not directed to you? Any idea?
The magic of a message board is everyone seeing what you post and being able to reply. Keeps you honest even in anonymity.

A tip: if you want to limit replies to the person you posted to or don’t want commentary from the peanut gallery, there’s a pm function.

Rain praise on whom? Kirk? All I desire is fairness, not a social lynching. I am no huge fan of KF.
Anyone reading your posts can see that you’ve made up your mind that this is nothing more than a public lynching regardless of what evidence there is. You’ve completely discounted any accuser because you think KF is above any of this, even though you e never met him.

So tell us about fairness? That’s fair?

Does anyone else get annoyed when people learn a new word, then throw it around like crazy to sound clever? Whataboutism is the stupidest word I've ever heard. One person says something questionable. Another person makes a strong point as to why it's questionable. Then the first person just screams whataboutism because they have nothing logical to say back. Logic vs emotion.
How about false equivalency. Or, refusing to debate the actual point at hand? Would that please you?

Anyone reading your posts can see that you’ve made up your mind that this is nothing more than a public lynching regardless of what evidence there is. You’ve completely discounted any accuser because you think KF is above any of this, even though you e never met him.

So tell us about fairness? That’s fair?
I have "completely discounted any accuser?" Based on what? And BTW..."completely" is a big, all-inclusive word.

The magic of a message board is everyone seeing what you post and being able to reply. Keeps you honest even in anonymity.

A tip: if you want to limit replies to the person you posted to or don’t want commentary from the peanut gallery, there’s a pm function.
I understand how a message board works.

I was wondering what leads you, personally, to answer questions/comments not directed your way? Any idea?

Let's be honest:

Mike Gundy was just given a vasectomy on social media and on live TV.

Once he cowered, he lost his balls forever.

But these kids can go around Iowa City painting ACAB (All Cops Are Bastards), F 12 (F the Police), F^%$ the Police, and UI = KKK on everything and receive no punishment.

The iron is hot and the libs are striking.

I thought all of those take America back people were tough. Meh. Face some opposition and they are such victims.

If you are a public figure and want to proudly support the far right, people will criticize you. Run your fingers through your mullet and scream " I'm a man!"

I'm also bothered by the rampant personal attacks right and left on this board, from people on both sides (So all Trump supporters are pieces of shit, Rob? Is that kind of vitriol really necessary? Does it serve any real purpose other than division?)/QUOTE]

Stating my feelings so there’s no guessing how I feel. I meant what I said but I’m not going to keep posting it. People know where I stand. Transparency.

And Gundy is free to wear the T-Shirt. He can legally wear where it and I don’t think it would cause him to be fired. Not having some of his best players on the field and then trying to recruit black athletes would eventually get him fired.

Black college athletes aren’t putting up with the bullshit anymore.

I have "completely discounted any accuser?" Based on what? And BTW..."completely" is a big, all-inclusive word.
Please...

You've made this whole thing out to be a social media lynch mob and discounted the accusations as people out for money or attention. You lamented how Doyle was “thrown to the wolves” as some sort of martyr and wondered out loud I’d that would satisfy the mob. That in and of itself shows you have never even given a thought to the possibility that KF is a huge asshole to people (specifically blacks who don’t conform to his mold) behind closed doors.

You might want to spend some time exploring and appreciating Christians themes other than "burning in hell." These would include forgiveness, mercy, kindness, self-control, respect, humbleness, being a Good Samaritan, avoiding burning down homes and businesses of others, gentleness...all those items most overlooked by most, including the One Way Think Press. Unfortunately with Christianity being purged from our country by the secular left, and funded by our public school propaganda mills, what remains is revenge, complaining, arrogance, theft, devaluing life, resentment, loudness, slander, seeking after free things, and much more.

It is quite a bed we have made for ourselves. Twitter heroes, burning neighborhoods and businesses. People fired for wearing t-shirts etc. But we are so amazing, the cause so just...let it burn.

Fry...you will find that people will respond better if you would cease your incessant attacks on faith, etc.. Baiters are usually tuned out in life.

Rev, you are out to lunch on the public school shot. I have corrected so many people on this misconception I have lost count. Here is a dose of reality...A school district cannot require a prayer by law because there are so many different religions, which is the basis for the court decisions. Here is what schools can do. I know this because my school district where I served as District Administrator did the following: Any religious group can form a club and hold services in the school building. A student, during a study hall can read the Bible, or the Koran, or whatever they choose. They can also pray whenever they see fit. That includes Muslims, by the way. I will assume that is ok with you. We make every effort to be sure bullies don’t come in to the game. Usually kids are just fine with this process, as are their parents. Propaganda on religion in the public schools? Classes in information on the religions of the world are taught in many schools. Privates, on the other hand, only allow their own beliefs. Hope that helps you understand reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts