Mike Gundy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man, Rob, at first I was like "WTF?" and then when it got to that person at around the 2:20 mark, I was like "damn, I'm sold." Powerful.

Where is their outrage for the Blacks killed by Blacks every day on the street?

Where is the outcry for black cops who have been killed during this "movement"?

These things aren't a part of the BLM message. So we will never hear about them in a 'mainstream' way.

This is my last post here. I just can't stay on board with the love carried out on this site for BLM and disrespecting our country by kneeling for the anthem as if the only way to not be silent about racism is to further tear apart the fabric of our country by kneeling.

As for BLM, it was only five years ago that members of it were heard shouting:

"What do we want?"
"Dead cops!"
When do we want it?"
"NOW!"

They want to de-fund the police, destroy the concept of the nuclear family, get rid of "white supremacy", extract money from white people to pay for reparations (so my ancestor fought in the Union Army but I have to send reparations to Lebron James?)

A University of Chicago professor is under attack now and may be fired because he dared to criticize BLM, with one of his attackers stating that they don't think he can be objective. Sounds like you can only be objective if you agree with BLM's racial beliefs. Actually, that's not being objective to them because in their minds, it's beyond question that their beliefs are morally correct.

BLM is exploiting a tragedy to try and overturn our culture to the culture it sees fit. I believe that black lives matter, I just don't believe in Black Lives Matter.

If anyone is interested in what I believe to be the truth about race and policing, I'd invite you to read the link below:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corn...ver&utm_content=top-bar-latest&utm_term=first

Peace

This is my last post here. I just can't stay on board with the love carried out on this site for BLM and disrespecting our country by kneeling for the anthem as if the only way to not be silent about racism is to further tear apart the fabric of our country by kneeling.

As for BLM, it was only five years ago that members of it were heard shouting:

"What do we want?"
"Dead cops!"
When do we want it?"
"NOW!"

They want to de-fund the police, destroy the concept of the nuclear family, get rid of "white supremacy", extract money from white people to pay for reparations (so my ancestor fought in the Union Army but I have to send reparations to Lebron James?)

A University of Chicago professor is under attack now and may be fired because he dared to criticize BLM, with one of his attackers stating that they don't think he can be objective. Sounds like you can only be objective if you agree with BLM's racial beliefs. Actually, that's not being objective to them because in their minds, it's beyond question that their beliefs are morally correct.

BLM is exploiting a tragedy to try and overturn our culture to the culture it sees fit. I believe that black lives matter, I just don't believe in Black Lives Matter.

If anyone is interested in what I believe to be the truth about race and policing, I'd invite you to read the link below:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corn...ver&utm_content=top-bar-latest&utm_term=first

Peace

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, bozo.

Where is their outrage for the Blacks killed by Blacks every day on the street?

Where is the outcry for black cops who have been killed during this "movement"?

These things aren't a part of the BLM message. So we will never hear about them in a 'mainstream' way.
Where's the outcry for anything? Bad shit happens to everybody every day. There isn't enough time in the day to even hear about all the bad shit that happens, let alone have outcry about it. Not to mention, I've seen more outcry about George Floyd's death that I've seen for any other death ever.

Pretty sure this post can be chalked up to whataboutism.

More avoidance and deflection. Pretty typical when someone's confronted with logic they can't dispute, but I digress. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, though, that it's a tough thing to go through realizing everything you believed from the cradle till now was total made up bullshit.

But eventually the feeling of not having to go through life worried about what an invisible man thinks about you will be overwhelmingly positive, especially when you know you can stop spreading boogie man stories to your kids and go through life being a good guy just because..
A person doesn't "believe" the Christian faith from the cradle. Read up a bit. Your theology is suspect.

You assume everything I believe (which you know nothing about) has been believed all my life. Assumptions are dangerous and inaccurate.

I don't go through life "worried" - another false assumption.

Logic coming from you - LOL

So you, for a fact, know "everything I believe" is "total made up bullshit?" How do you know such things?

A person doesn't "believe" the Christian faith from the cradle. Read up a bit. Your theology is suspect.
False. If you think you decided at some point what you believe you're nuts. Your parents stuck religion in your head from the day you were born. And theirs, and theirs, before and so on. The tragedy is that your folks never told you Santa wasn't real because they didn't believe it themselves.

I don't go through life "worried" - another false assumption.
But you do walk through life doing things because a fake spirit man supposedly told you what you should and shouldn't do, and that there's eternal consequences for one way or the other. Call it that or call it worry, same thing.

Logic coming from you - LOL
Tell me anything I said that wasn't logical about religion. I'd love to discuss it. But you won't.

So you, for a fact, know "everything I believe" is "total made up bullshit?" How do you know such things?
I know it more so than you. I know what I can touch, feel, see, hear, I can see the results of science as humans know them so far.

I know that religion was invented by humans for three purposes. 1) Early humans needed a way to explain their existence and give themselves a purpose. So they made up stories and passed them down about their gods and deities. It amazes me how Christians/Muslims/Jews/etc are so goddamn conceited to think that their team is the right one and all the rest are mythical crap. Talk about pompous. 2) Humans can't handle the thought of death with no afterlife. People can't come to grips with the fact that when you die it's lights out, nothing left, and there's no memory, no nothing. And when their kids or parents or friends die they can't handle that being final either. Religion solves that problem and it acts like a sedative when something bad happens. 3) And this is what #1 & 2 evolved into...control. In ancient times how do you control a huge group of illiterate peasantry? You scare them into line. Make up a story about how they have to follow the rules. How there's eternal burning and grief if you're "bad," and eternal bliss if you're "good." The priests and kings were the literate ones with all the money and power, and what better way to keep people in line? Maybe a little parallel to today?

Either way, you have what I call the wacko advantage. Any time I question anything, or ask you how you know what you believe is right, you get to just say, "because that's what's true and that's what I believe." You don't have to give any logic or reason because your cult has told you that your creator has all those answers and you're not capable of understanding, and it's not for you to understand anyway. It's an easy cop out. Sounds subtly like #3 above, eh? Good way to keep you inline and fight off non-believers with no real argument at all.

False. If you think you decided at some point what you believe you're nuts. Your parents stuck religion in your head from the day you were born. And theirs, and theirs, before and so on. The tragedy is that your folks never told you Santa wasn't real because they didn't believe it themselves.

But you do walk through life doing things because a fake spirit man supposedly told you what you should and shouldn't do, and that there's eternal consequences for one way or the other. Call it that or call it worry, same thing.

Tell me anything I said that wasn't logical about religion. I'd love to discuss it. But you won't.

I know it more so than you. I know what I can touch, feel, see, hear, I can see the results of science as humans know them so far.

I know that religion was invented by humans for three purposes. 1) Early humans needed a way to explain their existence and give themselves a purpose. So they made up stories and passed them down about their gods and deities. It amazes me how Christians/Muslims/Jews/etc are so goddamn conceited to think that their team is the right one and all the rest are mythical crap. Talk about pompous. 2) Humans can't handle the thought of death with no afterlife. People can't come to grips with the fact that when you die it's lights out, nothing left, and there's no memory, no nothing. And when their kids or parents or friends die they can't handle that being final either. Religion solves that problem and it acts like a sedative when something bad happens. 3) And this is what #1 & 2 evolved into...control. In ancient times how do you control a huge group of illiterate peasantry? You scare them into line. Make up a story about how they have to follow the rules. How there's eternal burning and grief if you're "bad," and eternal bliss if you're "good." The priests and kings were the literate ones with all the money and power, and what better way to keep people in line? Maybe a little parallel to today?

Either way, you have what I call the wacko advantage. Any time I question anything, or ask you how you know what you believe is right, you get to just say, "because that's what's true and that's what I believe." You don't have to give any logic or reason because your cult has told you that your creator has all those answers and you're not capable of understanding, and it's not for you to understand anyway. It's an easy cop out. Sounds subtly like #3 above, eh? Good way to keep you inline and fight off non-believers with no real argument at all.
You seem pretty sure that your anti-Christian views are correct. You will find out soon enough. Hope it works out for you.

Good to see Politics are allowed on this board again. No separate forum needed. Wowzers!
cover5.jpg

You seem pretty sure that your anti-Christian views are correct. You will find out soon enough. Hope it works out for you.
That’s the frustrating thing. I won’t find out. This is all just a bunch of synapses firing between brain cells and as soon as that stops there’s nothing left. Not even any dark and I won’t know it stopped. I never existed.

And it’s double frustrating because you won’t know either. There’s no “I told you so” at the end. So take solace in the fact that I’ll never get to prove my point to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts