Mike Gundy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Politics are allowed on this board again. No separate forum needed. Wowzers!

That ship sailed a long time ago. Unless someone is being a complete idiot Rob can't navigate through this anymore. Flood gates are open.

First comment "This looks like a hostage video." LOL.

You gotta give Oklahoma State credit, Rob. They mustered an apology for this "offense" within a day, but it took them 54 years to apologize for breaking Johnny Bright's jaw in a Pulitzer Prize winning photo sequence. That's progress.

The floodgates came open and there’s no way to get the water back inside as much as it’d be a better place without it.

Hopefully when sports starts it can be forbidden again.

Nope. Iowa winning football games will be the cure all. That's it. Nothing else will make someone extend an olive branch to opposing viewpoints.

Nope. Iowa winning football games will be the cure all. That's it. Nothing else will make someone extend an olive branch to opposing viewpoints.
I don't know. My family was pretty sure my granddad was a hardened racist since he grew up in WWII and sure didn't care much for Japan, but when I brought my then girlfriend, now wife, who is from Japan over to his house he was cordial. Then, when she and my granddad finished an entire pan of lutefisk (they were the only ones eating it) he wanted to know when we were getting married and offered to take us to the jewelry store so I could buy her a ring to ensure that someone in the family would still be able to eat lutefisk after he died.

Once you've seen such different people bond over whitefish soaked in lye you realize that nothing is impossible.

That’s the frustrating thing. I won’t find out. This is all just a bunch of synapses firing between brain cells and as soon as that stops there’s nothing left. Not even any dark and I won’t know it stopped. I never existed.

And it’s double frustrating because you won’t know either. There’s no “I told you so” at the end. So take solace in the fact that I’ll never get to prove my point to you.
If you have never died, how do you know you won't find out?

As a man who lifts up science/reasoning/evidence rather than faith. That seems illogical to me.

SNOPES FACT CHECK - FAKE NEWS. Governor Northam didn't recall if he was the one in blackface or the Klan outfit. So this entire tweet is disinformation and I hope the shitlord spreading this hate on the internet is deplatformed.

SNOPES FACT CHECK - FAKE NEWS. Governor Northam didn't recall if he was the one in blackface or the Klan outfit. So this entire tweet is disinformation and I hope the shitlord spreading this hate on the internet is deplatformed.
I think most reasonable people would "recall" such a face painting while attending college.

Or so it seems...

If you have never died, how do you know you won't find out?

As a man who lifts up science/reasoning/evidence rather than faith. That seems illogical to me.
Because science tells us through observable evidence that when our heart stops, your brain activity stops soon after, and brain activity and consciousness are observed to be related. And right or wrong, those observations are real things that are repeatable. Every time biological processes stop, consciousness stops. Every time. Not 95% of the time.

Instead of asking me to prove that something doesn’t exist (a favorite retort of religious people), why don’t you use science/reasoning/evidence to prove to me that it does exist?

But you can’t. Not even a little. Which goes back to the “because I said so” argument that you religious folks fall back on. You’re told from your higher ups just to tell people that it’s something called “faith,” which is nothing more than blindly believing a fairy tale that your parents and every generation before that passed down. That’s how you get around everything, by just saying you believe something that has no evidence or reality other than your mind being so brainwashed that you refuse to consider anything else. You’ve been told a story for so long and so often that you just believe it, and science has proven that if you hear and tell a lie long enough, you’ll start to believe it. Add to that the fact that you’ve spent your whole life putting a make believe figure at the center of your consciousness, and it’s easy to see how you’d have a giant panic attack inducing existential crisis if you realized you’ve wasted all that time and energy on bullshit.

But...it will pass eventually and you’ll see the world in a better light. Google Jon Steingard. He’s just one example of proof that you feel better when you’re not under the weight of bullshit you don’t want to admit you know is bullshit.

Last edited:
The floodgates came open and there’s no way to get the water back inside as much as it’d be a better place without it.

Hopefully when sports starts it can be forbidden again.

I may try to reel it back in when we get back to games. Right now, with this story at Iowa and what's going on in the country with sports and social issues colliding daily, you're right, it's too hard to separate it. And the national anthem debate will be a big story when games roll around. Maybe it's the new normal.

And there's not really a large group of people going at it on here. It's a small group in the grand scheme of things.

I'll do my best to moderate if things get too far out of hand, whatever that might be these days.

Donald Trump is a complete idiot and piece of shit of a human being. He might be the only republican that could lose to Joe Biden. We're all fucked.

Because science tells us through observable evidence that when our heart stops, your brain activity stops soon after, and brain activity and consciousness are observed to be related. And right or wrong, those observations are real things that are repeatable. Every time biological processes stop, consciousness stops. Every time. Not 95% of the time.

Instead of asking me to prove that something doesn’t exist (a favorite retort of religious people), why don’t you use science/reasoning/evidence to prove to me that it does exist?

But you can’t. Not even a little. Which goes back to the “because I said so” argument that you religious folks fall back on. You’re told from your higher ups just to tell people that it’s something called “faith,” which is nothing more than blindly believing a fairy tale that your parents and every generation before that passed down. That’s how you get around everything, by just saying you believe something that has no evidence or reality other than your mind being so brainwashed that you refuse to consider anything else. You’ve been told a story for so long and so often that you just believe it, and science has proven that if you hear and tell a lie long enough, you’ll start to believe it. Add to that the fact that you’ve spent your whole life putting a make believe figure at the center of your consciousness, and it’s easy to see how you’d have a giant panic attack inducing existential crisis if you realized you’ve wasted all that time and energy on bullshit.

But...it will pass eventually and you’ll see the world in a better light. Google Jon Steingard. He’s just one example of proof that you feel better when you’re not under the weight of bullshit you don’t want to admit you know is bullshit.

I feel fine living "in the hands of Jesus" come join me Fry.

I feel sad for Jon, a lost soul.

"Blessed are those who have not seen, and yet believe!"

I may try to reel it back in when we get back to games. Right now, with this story at Iowa and what's going on in the country with sports and social issues colliding daily, you're right, it's too hard to separate it. And the national anthem debate will be a big story when games roll around. Maybe it's the new normal.

And there's not really a large group of people going at it on here. It's a small group in the grand scheme of things.

I'll do my best to moderate if things get too far out of hand, whatever that might be these days.

Donald Trump is a complete idiot and piece of shit of a human being. He might be the only republican that could lose to Joe Biden. We're all fucked.
Have you ever met President Trump? Other than through CNN?

Did Trump really sign an executive order for police reform? I bet the next thing on that SOB's plate is to reverse the 1994 crime bill. I bet he does it just to attack Biden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts