Clone reporter calls JBO “trash”

Monte is playing his third year in the league. Bohannon was a freshman during the only game he played against Morris. Been sitting on that one a long time.

I doubt he has been "sitting" on it. More likely with the game coming up he realized that if Iowa wins, he is 3-1 vs ISU and he could do what Monte couldn't with a win.

Yeah, I just can't imagine getting this worked up over this stuff. It's fine. It's supposed to be fun. And I guarantee the players care a lot less about this than some fans do.

If Monte does it, that would have been harmless, just like Jordan doing it was harmless. The crowd was gone, he wasn't trying to showboat in front of ISU fans. You always have a fringe element though that get offended by everything, and in this case it is a few ISU fans, Ben Bruns, and @proudhawkfan21 that were offended.

Come on guys....Proudhawk wants to protect his buddy. His buddy said something stupid and he's going to go to the ends of the earth to defend him and give us a lesson in sportsmanship along the way. Nobody is going to change his mind...Bruns is his boy!

Whether or not flexing, blowing kisses, and leaving shoes on the court is classless and trashy is opinion. If you want to say "I think what he did is classless and trashy" it's fine. It means you are aware that the world doesn't revolve around you. But saying "he shouldn't do that stuff because in my opinion it's classless and trashy" is ridiculous because it means you think the world should conform to your opinions.
Exactly... One could interject political opinions instead of sports trash talking and the same applies. It's one thing to acknowledge that others have different opinions it's another to say it's one way or the highway.

It's a mountain out of a molehill thankfully. Times have changed. Even while Barry Sanders was handing the ball to the ref after every score he had. ( He had a lot of them) We had Emmitt Smith taking his helmet off going crazy after he scored. A lot of folks were split on those two guys just based off of how they conducted themselves on the field. This isn't new territory. I don't see the problem in one preferring one way over the other. Neither is 'wrong' To me it's like judging someone off of what kind of beer they drink.

Exactly... One could interject political opinions instead of sports trash talking and the same applies. It's one thing to acknowledge that others have different opinions it's another to say it's one way or the highway.

It's a mountain out of a molehill thankfully. Times have changed. Even while Barry Sanders was handing the ball to the ref after every score he had. ( He had a lot of them) We had Emmitt Smith taking his helmet off going crazy after he scored. A lot of folks were split on those two guys just based off of how they conducted themselves on the field. This isn't new territory. I don't see the problem in one preferring one way over the other. Neither is 'wrong' To me it's like judging someone off of what kind of beer they drink.

Plus all this is about is behavior after the game. I mean it isn't like he did this in front of a full house. The place was empty except media and the like. He wasn't showing anyone up, he wasn't flipping the bird to ISU fans.

Plus all this is about is behavior after the game. I mean it isn't like he did this in front of a full house. The place was empty except media and the like. He wasn't showing anyone up, he wasn't flipping the bird to ISU fans.
Yeah if you want to get into the what's worse realm seeing those ISU students flipping Iowa players/fans and the TV cameras off is a terrible look. But that's fans not players. I don't have a prob with what JBo did. We know where he comes from with what he does. JBo and the ISU kid are tweeting back and forth with each other in a good natured way about it all. Their having fun with it. Intent should matter. Context should matter... So many don't take those into account at all...

This actually has nothing to do with Bohannon. Bruns knows ISU players have trash-talked and trolled fans in the past. Bohannon just gave him a convenient target to aim for. What this is really about is the fact that Iowa has dominated all the other meaningful sports in this rivalry and it is getting under Bruns' skin, like alot of other ISU fans who despise Iowa. Wrestling has just been laughable, football has somewhat evened in the last 15 years though Iowa has gotten a grip on that sport of late. Mens basketball is the one sport ISU knows it has been able to stay competitive with Iowa in, in fact dominate Iowa during some periods of time. Hoiberg gave their fans illusions of dominance over Iowa and the Big 12 for many years until he left for the NBA. Now Iowa has won 3 of 4 in the series and if not for a miracle comeback in 2015 it would be 4 of 5. It has to be a huge burr in their crotch.

He's already tweeted out he didnt mean offense by it. I haven't talked to Ben in 20+ years. But he's entitled to his opinion. This is not grammar school where you have to be nice. He called it like he saw it. Why cant he share his opinion? What is so important about you or others of us that we have to be butt hurt about another man's opinion? Ignore it. Move on. He's not Trump. Why are you bothered? Has it altered your life in any way? Why so sad? Move on.
No offense to Ben, but he's a f*&^ing idiot.

I was watching a game the other day and DVR'd it, seems like the over-celebratory thing you guys have been mentioning

The place was empty except for Hawk fans with 1 minute left in the game. One could see all the empty seats that were once filled watching the game on TV.

At least it's the same 5 dips#its that everyone hates on here arguing that it's good sportsmanship. Lol. Paint it as fun all you want. It's sad that the post game antics are what matters. When JBo is 50.....he wont be proud of his actions.

This actually has nothing to do with Bohannon. Bruns knows ISU players have trash-talked and trolled fans in the past. Bohannon just gave him a convenient target to aim for. What this is really about is the fact that Iowa has dominated all the other meaningful sports in this rivalry and it is getting under Bruns' skin, like alot of other ISU fans who despise Iowa. Wrestling has just been laughable, football has somewhat evened in the last 15 years though Iowa has gotten a grip on that sport of late. Mens basketball is the one sport ISU knows it has been able to stay competitive with Iowa in, in fact dominate Iowa during some periods of time. Hoiberg gave their fans illusions of dominance over Iowa and the Big 12 for many years until he left for the NBA. Now Iowa has won 3 of 4 in the series and if not for a miracle comeback in 2015 it would be 4 of 5. It has to be a huge burr in their crotch.

Since the ISU 5 game streak, Iowa is 12-5 in the last 17 years in Football. (Hardly even.) Basketball since 2000 is 11-10, ISU. Not dominance there either.