Another mock draft

Drakebulldog93

Tristan goes number 7 to the Cardinals and AJ goes number 9 to the Jets. I still want to know why Tristan didn't play left tackle? Jackson could probably go in the second round. Third at the latest.

Year after year I see these draft projections (and outcomes) and wonder why we can't attract more 4* and 5* recruits

How many 4 and 5 star OL are there each year on average and where are they ending up? Is there geographic stuff going on or blue blood stuff, etc.

Iowa City

As a former Iowan (42 years) now living in Dallas (6 years) I’ll concur with the “you live in Iowa” comment. Today is a 40* and you’d swear it was end of days. Too many other distractions beyond the weather in the southern states to sway their decision. Love the state of Iowa and the Hawkeyes but let’s be real with ourselves.

As a former Iowan (42 years) now living in Dallas (6 years) I’ll concur with the “you live in Iowa” comment. Today is a 40* and you’d swear it was end of days. Too many other distractions beyond the weather in the southern states to sway their decision. Love the state of Iowa and the Hawkeyes but let’s be real with ourselves.

The only guys out of the South or Texas that are going to go to Iowa are the guys who only have southern offers at awful SEC programs or lower tier programs like SMU, App State or Troy.

Tristan goes number 7 to the Cardinals and AJ goes number 9 to the Jets. I still want to know why Tristan didn't play left tackle? Jackson could probably go in the second round. Third at the latest.

After AJ got hurt, Tristan did play some LT. There were games where he switched back and forth from RT to LT, depending on where he was most needed.

Just that fact alone will prove to scouts how versatile he is and I think they are drooling over the prospect of adding him to an OL and plug him in at the position of greatest need day 1 as a starter. I will be shocked if he doesn’t go top 10 in April.

After AJ got hurt, Tristan did play some LT. There were games where he switched back and forth from RT to LT, depending on where he was most needed.

Just that fact alone will prove to scouts how versatile he is and I think they are drooling over the prospect of adding him to an OL and plug him in at the position of greatest need day 1 as a starter. I will be shocked if he doesn’t go top 10 in April.
It would have been a good experiment in my opinion to move him at guard. It for sure would have helped the running game and I am hopeful we would have had a little better depth at tackle to back fill. My guess is he plays guard in the NFL

Year after year I see these draft projections (and outcomes) and wonder why we can't attract more 4* and 5* recruits

They want to score points on offense, and they want to compete on a national level. Thee former Iowa is horrible at, and the latter they can't get over the hump against the better teams.

Latest posts