ChosenChildren

In the past 12 months or so, Iowa has won a bunch of Big Ten championships:

1. Field Hockey Conference champs
2. Field Hockey tournament champs
3. Women's Basketball tournament champs and Elite 8
4. Wresting regular season conference champs
5. Men's Gymnastics conference champs
6. Men's Track conference champs

Not to mention NCAA bid in Men's basketball and Outback bowl championship in football.

Barta appears to be doing a great job

The good folx on HN will determine the criteria below. The posts that follow judge him according to it. Even if they don't have a Fkg clue what the criteria actually is.

Pop some popcorn and settle in.

tenor.gif

Not to mention NCAA bid in Men's basketball and Outback bowl championship in football.

He also tried in vain to get Gary Dolphin canned as the voice of the Hawkeyes. Gotta give him credit for that.

He also tried in vain to get Gary Dolphin canned as the voice of the Hawkeyes. Gotta give him credit for that.

That was a money person that wasn't happy. I have seen Barta and Dolph together, even after that and I can tell you Barta loves Dolph.

That was a money person that wasn't happy. I have seen Barta and Dolph together, even after that and I can tell you Barta loves Dolph.

I don't doubt that. But is Barta nice because he wants to be or because he has to be?

I guessing upon hearing about things going south with Dolphin, Kirk and Brian went up to Barta's office and an exchange something like this occurred:

Kirk: (pops a juicy fruit in) Son, I don't care what you do with basketball but Dolph is the voice of the Hawkeyes football team until I say otherwise.
Brian: Yeah (nodding his head)
Gary: Ahh...
Kirk: Just know your roll and keep your damn mouth shut.
Gary: Kirk, you can't just....
Kirk: (taking out his phone) One more word Son and I'm calling Neil. Go ahead, one more word.
Gary: Your bidding, my master.

For years folks have been pointing out how few championships Iowa teams have won, and blamed Barta. The last few weeks I've had the same question as the lead on this thread...what do those folks say now? Personally, I don't think championships are the defining metric for an AD. Barta is an incompetent administrator, which is the main role of the AD -- ANY AD could raise massive sums of money at the UI.

For years folks have been pointing out how few championships Iowa teams have won, and blamed Barta. The last few weeks I've had the same question as the lead on this thread...what do those folks say now? Personally, I don't think championships are the defining metric for an AD. Barta is an incompetent administrator, which is the main role of the AD -- ANY AD could raise massive sums of money at the UI.

Last I checked he hasn't lost a lawsuit in the past week, therefore he is a good administrator. We will see how the attendance for tomorrow's ball game looks. I heard there were 10k unsold tickets earlier in the week. 10 years ago, I thought we pretty much sold out on season ticket packages.

He doesn’t make any football or men’s basketball decisions and those are the only revenue sports, so what difference does it make anyway.

People should be mad at the donors, not Barta. He literally has zero impact on either of those programs other than being a guy to do interviews show up at fundraisers.

Lol,

You left out cow tipping and cow chip throwing, horse shoes, and shuffle board.

But how is he doing in sports I give a shit about?

You forgot one where he's making great strides:

7. Currently third in lawsuit payouts (Behind MSU and Ohio State).

In his defense, they are always going to be better than Iowa in those categories.

Latest posts