Bruce Harreld Speaks

Sure.

What home fan wouldn't be excited about that $25 "Visiting Band Surcharge"?

It would still sell out. And at this point, it is not just about the visiting band. Not sure what the university pays for security at games now, but has to be a hefty $ amount with all the cops there. My point was no one can say they can't afford the security that would be needed.

there are so many different teams we can play and forget all this BS. I'll give 10 just off the top of my head I would much rather see in a Home and Away series. There is no need to pay anyone to play, there should be a number of genuine D 1 schools that would be interested in setting up a series with us. Let Iowa State do there own thing, at this point is it really good fro the state anymore?

1 Arkansas
2 Kentucky
3 Colorado
4 Kansas
5 Oklahoma State
6 Utah
7 BYU
8 Baylor
9 Ole Miss
10 North Carolina

While Kirk is in office we will never play west of the Missouri River (drawing a line north and south of border of Iowa) unless it is for a bowl game. Kansas would be a shitty game to watch and we should never go to that place to play.

While Kirk is in office we will never play west of the Missouri River (drawing a line north and south of border of Iowa) unless it is for a bowl game. Kansas would be a shitty game to watch and we should never go to that place to play.

We have before during his watch and maybe he needs to change his ways. Make it the first game of the year and go out early. There are ways to be creative. I have a hunch KF doesn't have too many years left anyway. Now may be a good time for him to hang it up after winning the last 5 versus the clowns.

We have before during his watch and maybe he needs to change his ways. Make it the first game of the year and go out early. There are ways to be creative. I have a hunch KF doesn't have too many years left anyway. Now may be a good time for him to hang it up after winning the last 5 versus the clowns.
That would imply that there is a special meaning for that game, which there is not.

Yeah, Harreld said, "Gary, again? I leave the room for 1 minute and look what you've done."

To which Gary replies:

View attachment 5782
I know I am probably in the minority here, but I think Gary was going after this and was going to go after it hard. I think he was going to do the right thing on this one. I think he was told to step down and play nice with Pollturd. And now, I think he is been set up as the scapegoat.

Cancel it Mr. President, I'm sure that the media and the athletic department officials are safe in their boxes, but the students are not. It is just a game, cancel it and find someone better to play.

Totally agree. Just can the dumb game. It has zero appeal nationally, does nothing for Iowa's football program nor the University of Iowa, and most Iowa fans are pretty fed up with it anyway, The only losers in this scenario are the Clones, to which, "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn!"

Play someone else.

Myth. There is no legal requirement. The state legislature, on several occasions, has done proclamations and such. In terms of "law", no, it's never happened.

The legal requirement is in place as signed contracts to play these games. Now without having read these contracts they may have an out clause for a variety of circumstances. I am not sure how Missouri got out of their multigame contract with Iowa about 8 to 10 years ago. Maybe Missou had a clause to buy their way out by a certain date.

Does anyone know what the subtleties of these contracts contain?

I have been to several Iowa games in Ames. I see Hawk fans and Cy fans tailgating and having a great time. I have never been seriously insulted by ISU fans, other than a couple of drunk student age youngsters. I do think that if ISU fans have stepped out of bounds with our band that a statement by the President of the U of Iowa that this behavior will not be tolerated, then good for him. A threat to end the series will have a significant impact on ISU, much more so than on the Hawks, so a good move by Herrald. In fact, a very savvy political move by Bruce. I did not support his hiring, but have been impressed by his performance and commitment to the U. Of I. If I hear one “retaliation” by ISU, that Hawk fans committed similar bad behavior I think Iowa U. Should pull out of the series.

The legal requirement is in place as signed contracts to play these games. Now without having read these contracts they may have an out clause for a variety of circumstances. I am not sure how Missouri got out of their multigame contract with Iowa about 8 to 10 years ago. Maybe Missou had a clause to buy their way out by a certain date.

Does anyone know what the subtleties of these contracts contain?

Those "contracts" would be unenforceable if there is documented criminal activity from ISU fans/in the and around the stadium.

Like Sam Beauregard said in "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory": "Contracts are for suckers! I use 'em myself!"

To hell with ISU, their fan base is delusional, and the more they lose, the more angry they seem to be getting that we beat them. 5 in a row and it is still the better team lost.
I for one would like to see the series discontinued, at least for a few years. I love watching the game, but this is just getting ridiculous. Clown fans can’t be civil, I know Iowa fans harass the hell out of them, but when things start turning violent, maybe it is time for a break.
Although, I would like to see another 15 in a row streak. And I don’t think Barta did a bad thing here. Pollard was an idiot, but he can’t help it, he’s been an idiot his entire life.

For him to throw this out as a pandering attempt because the athletic department did its usual poor job with p.r. is pretty ridiculous. Could just one bad incident be handled semi-decently at some point by this crew.....please?! Between the espn gameday, the isu fan with the busch beer fundraiser for the kids hospital, and everything else, it is absolutely ridiculous that this is still in the news cycle. And shame on both presidents and athletic directors for letting it be so. There was so much awesome from this game and this series this week, it is a travesty that we have to talk about this, that its in the news, and following the most important, and one of the best cy-hawk games ever, were talking about cancelling it. Hey Iowa, hey ISU, get off your arses and fix this now so the news cycle can stay where it belongs, two rival teams starting a fundraiser on one side that raises millions of dollars for the other sides kids hospital. Everything great about this series came out this week, and now this stupid thing is still a topic because our AD's and Schools can't figure out how to handle tough situations well. ughhhh

Latest posts