Bruce Harreld Speaks

If he is serious about us not playing the series anymore, and he decides to cancel it in the very near future, would that mean no IA/ISU game next year? Can he cancel the game next year even though we have the schedule for 2020?

If he is serious about us not playing the series anymore, and he decides to cancel it in the very near future, would that mean no IA/ISU game next year? Can he cancel the game next year even though we have the schedule for 2020?

He can. As of that statement, the series is off. Too bad for the clowns.

Yes, they’d find somebody to reschedule on the open slots. Probably some shitty FCS program unless they can convince another power five to drop a shit program and play us. That’s unlikely though, given that they will want to fill it with a home game.

I took his statement as if they can't come to agreeable plans for both venues then we won't play it. Sort of a last resort deal.

I hate the game and wish it was gone with the wind, but Harreld is doing nothing but posturing when he mentions not playing the game anymore. That's a bluff made by a man who knows there's not a chance in hell his bluff ever gets called.

Write it down...

There is no chance that Harreld gets rid of this shit game. Not next year, not ever.

Cancel it Mr. President, I'm sure that the media and the athletic department officials are safe in their boxes, but the students are not. It is just a game, cancel it and find someone better to play.

They could easily add $25 per ticket for this game and still sell out and use all that extra cash to add whatever security is needed at either location.

They won't suspend the series, but they should. The one Iowa band member with broken ribs could have easily been killed.

Barta and Pollard are clowns. Pathetic clowns. And I truly despise Pollard. At least with Barta you kind of know what you are getting. Pollard is a real slime ball, as insincere as they come. His first reaction to hearing about the incident was to whine about Iowa ruining Iowa State's gameday. How would Pollar reactt if one of his beloved children had been injured by an Iowa fan? You would never hear the end of it.

This series needs to take some time off, at least. It getting beyond good-natured banter. It is not safe to go to Ames, and I dare say it isn't safe for Iowa State fans to make the trip to Kinnick.

When I was a very young man, it was common for visiting Big Ten schools to bring their bands. It was my introduction to some of the very best bands in the country, including Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue, etc. Those were big time bands with big sound. Back then, the crowd seemed to genuinely enjoy hearing the opposing band and their traditional fight songs and music. Abusing band members (young kids) was unthinkable.

there are so many different teams we can play and forget all this BS. I'll give 10 just off the top of my head I would much rather see in a Home and Away series. There is no need to pay anyone to play, there should be a number of genuine D 1 schools that would be interested in setting up a series with us. Let Iowa State do there own thing, at this point is it really good fro the state anymore?

1 Arkansas
2 Kentucky
3 Colorado
4 Kansas
5 Oklahoma State
6 Utah
7 BYU
8 Baylor
9 Ole Miss
10 North Carolina

Latest posts