Band Member's Social Media Post

Do you all really think that it was Gary's decision to walk away from this?
I don't.
I think it was Gary's decision to send out the press release. I think it was Gary's decision to investigate.
I think it was a higher up than Gary's decision to squash it.

Take a step back and drop your Barta bias for one moment and think about what makes more sense.

My guess is that Gary had his ass handed to him this week by a power that be.

To me this isn't about trying to find the people that did this, it would be difficult to do. This is about Barta getting pissed off, sticking up for the students of the University of Iowa and making some noise......exactly what Pollard would have done had the situations been reversed. Instead, he went into his usually ass kissing, sweep it under the rug mode, His PR instincts are non-existent. "Nothing to see here, move on." This is why the vast majority of fans regard him as a POS.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's my thought on putting up a bounty. You'll get the video ASAP.
The bounty is a 19 year old getting to be the next social justice hero. That's worth more than any amount of money to them. The vid would already be posted if it was out there.

A triggered, mob mentality-driven, self-made victim who's seen too many SJW success stories on his social media timelines and will wish when he's 30 that he didn't have the brain and (lack of) impulse control of a 20 year old when he made that post. What's to see here, folks?

An entire flock of band nerds, every single one with a cell phone surrounded by 60,000 people with cell phones and 4 cops who probably had body cams, god knows how many security cameras, and enough $50,000 720p network television cameras to broadcast a major football game, and no one saw or recorded anything? Get the F outta here Corey, and take your imaginary broken rib friend who apparently shall remain nameless with you.

You ever seen those trumpet tooters during a game? Every single one of em is glued to their phones the entire time doing their best impersonation of an instagram influencer. And you're going to tell me the whole group of 'em endured beer bombardment, assaults, shoves, slaps, and broken bones for an entire game and no one posted video of it to there twitter accounts?

I'm against people getting beat up, but only when it happens in real life.

Ol' Corey Knopp shouldn't be taking life lessons from Jussie Smollett.

Overreacting with a cringey, crowd-frenzied, teenagey, fight the powa, "Hell no, we won't go" idealism is nothing new to kids your age, Cor-Dawg. But it rarely ends well when you blast it out there for everyone to see. You're gonna learn this lesson the tough way, kid.

I believe Cor-Dawg said it happened in formation march to the bus, not in the stadium. Those kids are puffin' flutes and pounding drums during that march, not macking chicks on MySpace, during that walk.

To me this isn't isn't about trying to find the people that did this, it would be difficult to do. This is about Barta getting pissed off, sticking up for the students of the University of Iowa and making some noise......exactly what Pollard would had done had the situations been reversed. Instead, he went to his usually ass kissing, sweep it under the rug mode, His PR instincts are non-existent. "Nothing to see here, move on." This is why the vast majority of fans regard him as a POS.
So if somebody robs your house but you have n idea who did it, is it gonna help if you go walk out in the street and scream, "I'M GONNA GET YOU FOR STEALING MY TV ASSHOLE!!!!"

No it won't.

And that's what you're suggesting Barta do.

I hate GB, but until someone comes up with some evidence of something other than some kids jawing on Facebook vaguely, what the F is he supposed to do?

The bounty is a 19 year old getting to be the next social justice hero. That's worth more than any amount of money to them. The vid would already be posted if it was out there.

Look, this isn't some moon bat making a claim against a SCOTUS justice 30 years after the fact. It sounds like there are actual witnesses and if we have some broken ribs combined with testimony from multiple witnesses, that is pretty good evidence that something went down.

So if somebody robs your house but you have n idea who did it, is it gonna help if you go walk out in the street and scream, "I'M GONNA GET YOU FOR STEALING MY TV ASSHOLE!!!!"

No it won't.

I hate GB, but until someone comes up with some evidence of something other than some kids jawing on Facebook vaguely, what the F is he supposed to do?

It really is a fair take from you IMO and further proof that you don't ALWAYS row the other direction.

No it won't.

Offer a bounty for evidence leading to the arrest and conviction of who did it. Odds are some ISU jackelope would readily sell out an acquaintance for $10k.

I believe Cor-Dawg said it happened in formation march to the bus, not in the stadium. Those kids are puffin' flutes and pounding drums during that march, not macking chicks on MySpace, during that walk.
Cell-phones and security cams everywhere.

This isn't a bunch of pale redheads walking down the streets of Fallujah burning Korans here. People are acting like there was some sort of guerrilla attack and needs to be outrage because there weren't choppers en route to evacuate the percussion section.

I get that you're mad if someone started some shit and took it too far, but show me a teeny bopper in a huge group of other teeny boppers who doesn't take an ear flick and turn it into a machete attack in their mind, especially if it gets them sympathy on social media. It doesn't exist.

A triggered, mob mentality-driven, self-made victim who's seen too many SJW success stories on his social media timelines and will wish when he's 30 that he didn't have the brain and (lack of) impulse control of a 20 year old when he made that post. What's to see here, folks?

An entire flock of band nerds, every single one with a cell phone surrounded by 60,000 people with cell phones and 4 cops who probably had body cams, god knows how many security cameras, and enough $50,000 720p network television cameras to broadcast a major football game, and no one saw or recorded anything? Get the F outta here Corey, and take your imaginary broken rib friend who apparently shall remain nameless with you.

You ever seen those trumpet tooters during a game? Every single one of em is glued to their phones the entire time doing their best impersonation of an instagram influencer. And you're going to tell me the whole group of 'em endured beer bombardment, assaults, shoves, slaps, and broken bones for an entire game and no one posted video of it to there twitter accounts?

Overreacting with a cringey, crowd-frenzied, teenagey, fight the powa, "Hell no, we won't go" idealism is nothing new to kids your age, Cor-Dawg. But it rarely ends well when you blast it out there for everyone to see. You're gonna learn this lesson the tough way, kid.

Were you abused by a band member in high school or something? Now I'm not saying we should call in the FBI or anything...but it's obvious something happened and it's highly inappropriate at a football game. Alcohol and being 19 or 20 is a tough mix...but there's no excuse for physical abuse over a game and if it got escalated like this...it's pretty clear to me, something happened.

That your reaction is so over the top, it rivals what you feel about Corey response. You can't make generalizations like that when you have about as much information about it as I do...which is only what I've read. Maybe you should go sit down with a Iowa Band member and get their perspective.

Look, this isn't some moon bat making a claim against a SCOTUS justice 30 years after the fact. It sounds like there are actual witnesses and if we have some broken ribs combined with testimony from multiple witnesses, that is pretty good evidence that something went down.
But is there proof of the broken ribs and something more concrete than a bunch of vague SM outbursts? Remember Cor-Dawg won't name his McRib buddy.

Parents of ba have a

What is wrong with YOU? Seriously have your ever been diagnosed? I chuckle at your schtick at times but you are way out of line here. Attacking a student? Band members in general?

And you are a baseball umpire? An arbitor of objectivity? Lol. Sad. Really sad.

But is there proof of the broken ribs and something more concrete than a bunch of vague SM outbursts? Remember Cor-Dawg won't name his McRib buddy.

That's why I said "if." GarBar did say that one person needed medical treatment. The McRib buddy might want xer privacy respected.

No it won't.

This is not a legal problem, it should be, but Barta wimped out. I agree with O'Keefe, this is a PR problem. Instead of taking what I consider the "right" side and shaming Pollard and ISU and sticking up for the band and U of I students, Barta stuck his head in the sand and is trying to make it go away. Barta may be right in that hey we can't prove anything let's move on. But he is completely tone deaf PR-wise and how it relates to the U of I and students. He has shown this tendency time and time again.

Does Barta ever think out anything? He'd be in checkmate in 2 moves. His problem solving ability appears to be non-existent. He botches almost every non-fundraising news item out of his department. I swear he's a salesman masquerading as an athletic director. Great at raising money. Period. Why issue the original press release if he wasn't prepared to back it up?

Were you abused by a band member in high school or something? Now I'm not saying we should call in the FBI or anything...but it's obvious something happened and it's highly inappropriate at a football game. Alcohol and being 19 or 20 is a tough mix...but there's no excuse for physical abuse over a game and if it got escalated like this...it's pretty clear to me, something happened.

That your reaction is so over the top, it rivals what you feel about Corey response. You can't make generalizations like that when you have about as much information about it as I do...which is only what I've read. Maybe you should go sit down with a Iowa Band member and get their perspective.
I don't like fake outrage. Come with proof and then get outraged.

Parents of ba have a

What is wrong with YOU? Seriously have your ever been diagnosed? I chuckle at your schtick at times but you are way out of line here. Attacking a student? Band members in general?

And you are a baseball umpire? An arbitor of objectivity? Lol. Sad. Really sad.
1) If you don't know where the Ignore button is PM me and I can help you find it. It's there for a reason.

2) My ratings are apparently high enough to work post season games in Iowa and SD, but talent is relative and I haven't been called up to work MLB games yet unfortunately. We're looking for umpires all the time, btw. You should try it. $50 registration fee and I'll even loan you the equipment to get started.

Last edited: