Xavier Foster

Yep Iowa City is one of the most liberal places in the country. If he didn't agree with the comment than he would be right in line with most of the population here. Iowa State, Baylor? Not so much.

The country?? Iowa City is the typical university town. Yes liberal, but let's not make this out to be a San Francisco or CA in general. That's a whole other level.

I think disaster is a bit of a strong word. Disaster is certainly on the table with no commits at this point. But if we land Powell and one of the Beard, Polk, and Ulis group, I think we'll be doing just fine. It only becomes a concern if we lose Wieskamp and/or someone else to the draft. Otherwise, we're only down Kriener and Evelyn after this year and Powell+one of those guards would likely not result in a major drop off and could even be an upgrade. So really, Powell should be a very high priority recruit for us right now assuming we don't get Foster.
Disaster is probably a strong word, but it would definitely feel like we are spinning our tires as a program. I really do like Powell and it sounds like he has some interest.

To be honest I think the ship has sailed with Iowa on both Polk and Beard. I saw a recent article about Polk saying some good things about Iowa and saying he would visit if “the coaches wanted him.” Made me think the coaches have cooled on his recruitment for whatever reason. Just haven’t heard much on that front recently and same with Beard.

College basketball is very fluid, while we could only lose Kriener and Evelyn, we also could lose JBo (if he plays), Pemsl (grad transfer), and Wieskamp (NBA). If that happens much more importance will be placed on this 2020 class.

I’ve always felt this was a very important class for Fran and his staff. As you can tell with the thread yesterday I’m just not as optimistic on it right now. Hopefully it will turn out well and I can shut up.

Foster will post his Big 3 anytime now. Wouldn’t it be awesome if ISU doesn’t make the cut!

As far as comparing playing time as a freshman, how does Iowa State fare with their current roster compared to Iowa. I presume he'd have the most production at Iowa as a freshman. That may play into this.

Anybody in the know about Iowa St's roster and Foster's role as a freshman?

As far as comparing playing time as a freshman, how does Iowa State fare with their current roster compared to Iowa. I presume he'd have the most production at Iowa as a freshman. That may play into this.

Anybody in the know about Iowa St's roster and Foster's role as a freshman?
I know nothing about Iowa State but Iowa likely returns Garza, Nunge, and Pemsl to the frontcourt. Foster would have an impact for sure but I’m not sure he’d be a starter from day one at Iowa.

I would agree with that... but Fran has always seemed to like him a little but more than I have as a fan.

When Pemsl is healthy he can be a load down there to deal with. He has some quick feet. He can have a nasty side to him as well on D, which Iowa has not had for a few years now.

When Pemsl is healthy he can be a load down there to deal with. He has some quick feet. He can have a nasty side to him as well on D, which Iowa has not had for a few years now.
I like Pemsl and he has some craftiness for sure and plays hard. Unfortunately he has limitations. He’s an undersized center as he’s not quick enough to keep up with your typical 4 men in the B1G. His issue right now is Iowa just has some bigs that are better than him.

In a scenario where you could potentially have Garza, Nunge, and Foster, all guys who have more height and a better outside shooting touch than Pemsl, it gets harder to justify minutes for Cordell in my opinion.

I would not be surprised at all if Iowa somehow landed Foster, that this was Pemsl’s last year here and he moved on via grad transfer to a UNI type team next year.

I mean let's not kid ourselves, Fran has a history of playing bigs out of position at the 3. Who knows, maybe he'd move Nunge back to the 3 lol. That could be quite the interesting lineup with basically 3 7 footers (Garza, Nunge, & Foster).

Note that I am joking but it's probably not 100% out of the realm of possibilities based on Fran's history.

I like Pemsl and he has some craftiness for sure and plays hard. Unfortunately he has limitations. He’s an undersized center as he’s not quick enough to keep up with your typical 4 men in the B1G. His issue right now is Iowa just has some bigs that are better than him.

In a scenario where you could potentially have Garza, Nunge, and Foster, all guys who have more height and a better outside shooting touch than Pemsl, it gets harder to justify minutes for Cordell in my opinion.

I would not be surprised at all if Iowa somehow landed Foster, that this was Pemsl’s last year here and he moved on via grad transfer to a UNI type team next year.

Can't disagree. You provide good b-ball insight.

Has anyone heard anymore on what is going on with Xavier? The longer this takes for him to name his top three schools the more I am thinking he is waiting for the blue bloods to offer. If that is the case then that’s not good news for those who have offered a scholarship to him.

From his dad's comments it sounds like they hadn't really narrowed things down yet. And it will still be awhile until they narrow the list.

I just asked his dad.

tenor.gif

Latest posts