HC Frosty.

Iowa very difficult schedule
Wisconsin Frosh QB
Purdue meh defense
NW new QB
Minnesota canoers
Illinois Lost tribes

Nebby isn’t a bad guess by default.
That's a good as synopsis as any. I also believe Frost will turn it around to the level of Pellini-type numbers, not consistently Osborne elite status. Not to say they won't ever make even an expanded playoff. I think they'll be in the hunt this year with such an easy schedule. But no one in their division is standing pat. No one except maybe Illinois.

Easy schedule.
QB Martinez.
HC Frosty.

Iowa very difficult schedule
Wisconsin Frosh QB
Purdue meh defense
NW new QB
Minnesota canoers
Illinois Lost tribes

Nebby isn’t a bad guess by default.

I'd say this is a fair assessment. I can't see them being worse than last year but anything more than 8 wins is a stretch without great play up front on the DL and OL. They are pinning all their hopes on a true sophomore QB.

I hate to overgeneralize, but living with and amongst these Bugeaters, they are amazingly uncaring about all the off the field issues. They are so desperate to return to some level of relevance, they are willing to take a blind eye to a lot right now. Cheating and playing criminals takes a back seat to getting back to a Top Tier Program for these folks. I admire their will to win, if not their moral compass.

Nebbie has a championship offensive and a bottom feeding defense. They have a very favorable schedule. That usually gets you to 8 wins in a relatively weak division. That is my prediction.

They are just like PSU fans and admin.

An argument can be made for any of the top 6 teams in the West. But I would put Nebraska at or near the bottom. There is probably less than a field goals difference between them if they were all in a playoff.

Iowa
Northwestern
Purdue
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Nebraska

Maybe I don't get it because I'm an Eastern Iowa boy
giphy.gif

An argument can be made for any of the top 6 teams in the West. But I would put Nebraska at or near the bottom. There is probably less than a field goals difference between them if they were all in a playoff.

Iowa
Northwestern
Purdue
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Nebraska

I would go
Iowa
Wisconsin
Purdue
Northwestern
Minnesota
Nebraska
Illinois
That doesn't take into account schedule.
But if all those played the same schedule, I think it would shake out about like this.

Schedule

9 or 10 wins are doable barring an injury to Martinez.

South Alabama
@ Colorado
Northern Illinois
@Illlnois
OSU
NW
@Minnesota
Indiana
@Purdue
Wisconsin
@Maryland
Iowa

Start out 4-0 and go 6-2 or 5-3 the rest of the way. Unfortunately, I can see that playing out.

Schedule

9 or 10 wins are doable barring an injury to Martinez.

South Alabama
@ Colorado
Northern Illinois
@Illlnois
OSU
NW
@Minnesota
Indiana
@Purdue
Wisconsin
@Maryland
Iowa

Start out 4-0 and go 6-2 or 5-3 the rest of the way. Unfortunately, I can see that playing out.

Maybe, but it's equally conceivable for them to lose 7-8. The schedule does them some favor, but Frost had a mess to deal with. From depth to attitude. In haste to succeed he still has a mess to deal with. I get that they maybe willing to overlook a lot in exchange for success, but the b10 and NCAA are not.

Maybe, but it's equally conceivable for them to lose 7-8. The schedule does them some favor, but Frost had a mess to deal with. From depth to attitude. In haste to succeed he still has a mess to deal with. I get that they maybe willing to overlook a lot in exchange for success, but the b10 and NCAA are not.

I think the Colorado game is huge. That game will tell you a ton.

Maybe I don't get it because I'm an Eastern Iowa boy...but what's with the constant string of Nebraska threads?
We deal with our share of Badger abuse in eastern Iowa and the closer to the Mississippi River you get the worse it is. Hence the number of Badger threads started by those people not to mention myself living behind the cheddar curtain.

There is no fan like a Nebraska fan however and I say that in an unflattering way. My sister got married in Omaha many years ago. My brother in law (now ex BIL and now deceased) was a lifelong Omaha resident who should have known better. The not only scheduled their wedding during football season, they scheduled it in the evening when Debby was playing in Ames. There was no TV in the reception hall and this was well before I-phones and all those gadgets. People were plugging those little nine inch monitors into their car lighters and not even paying attention to the wedding reception. It was hard to get the head table to come in for dinner, let alone the wedding dance.

Last edited:
We deal with our share of Badger abuse in eastern Iowa and the closer to the Mississippi River you get the worse it is. Hence the number of Badger threads started by those people not to mention myself living behind the cheddar curtain.

There is no fan like a Nebraska fan however and I say that in an unflattering way. My sister got married in Omaha many years ago. My brother in law (now ex BIL and now deceased) was a lifelong Omaha resident who should have known better. The not only scheduled their wedding during football season, they scheduled it in the evening when Debby was playing in Ames. There was no TV in the reception hall and this was well before I-phones and all those gadgets. People were plugging those little nine inch monitors into their car lighters and not even paying attention to the wedding reception. It was hard to get the head table to come in for dinner, let alone the wedding dance.

The cheddar curtain... I love it

If you hear that a guy’s head exploded in central Iowa in late November, early December it will be me. Because it will indicate that ISU and Nebraska had double digit win seasons.:)