!*****Official 'It's Still Possible' Game Thread*****!

Is It Still Possible?

• Yes

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Shut Your Pie Hole

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kirk is 5-8 against Fitz...I'm pretty sure it's also a coaching issue. The RBs cost us a chance to win how do you explain the other 45 mins of the game where we didn't turn the ball over?
The other team was trying also? If they won 6 big ten games and played N Dame and Michigan tough..how bad MUST they be that we should win..just because?

Pointing out to people who want to say Fant should be playing.....he isnt. There is a reason. The HC gets to set the rules. Anyone crying about it is either Chris Fant or agrees that our program should bow down to players and not maintain discipline. This is Fant's fault. He is not making his head coach happy. The reason doesnt matter now does it?
Any coach that's willing to cut his nose off to spite his face, deserves whatever is said about them. And they deserve to lose 3 games in a row. KF is the boss. KF gets to make the rules. KF has LOST 3 games in a row.

So in your mind, it impossible that he could be mismanaged. Kirk and Brian can’t possibly be using him incorrectly. Even though it happens all the time, on other teams throughout the league. It’s just not possible at Iowa. Kirk could never possibly be wrong about anything. Did I get that right?
Mis-managed? Please. He's the most talented player at his position (#2 honestly to Hock) and he doesnt play? You are calling that simple mismanagement? Really? They dont know how or when to put him in. He has declared he is gone. Hock is good. Why help Fant? Why put him out there if he isnt a Hawk? Hes gone. This is purposeful. Had he decided to play by the rules and commit to the program...its ok that he is good enough to go NFL early...coaches work with that every year...but there is obviously A LOT more to it than we all know.

It was brought to my attention that perhaps a few things I said went a bit too far. I have edited those posts. I apologize if I offended anyone. I am going to kill myself now though so enjoy a less profane board!

Any coach that's willing to cut his nose off to spite his face, deserves whatever is said about them. And they deserve to lose 3 games in a row. KF is the boss. KF gets to make the rules. KF has LOST 3 games in a row.
Fant follows rules, plays, we win. I blame that on Fant. Criminal mindset to blame lack of success on the authority figure not letting you get your way. See every prison in America.

It was brought to my attention that perhaps a few things I said went a bit too far. I have edited those posts. I apologize if I offended anyone. I am going to kill myself now though so enjoy a less profane board!
I hope you pray and realize tomorrow is a new day.

I'm not the poster that originally said it. This is a message board. People are here to discuss and often "speculate". I can't believe it's a coincidence that Noah Fant's playing time has decreased since his family started running their mouths. Which I was very critical about. If we had a dynamic WR corpse, I could understand not speculating this way. But we don't. We have a garbage WR corpse. I believe it's 100% fair to consider KF is cutting NF's playing time out of spite. I think it's likely.
Hell yea it is!! Hell yea! And......? That is on Fant. Fant is in charge? That works in the military? Only if you are Bill Murray. This team doesnt need a big toe. It needs the other All-American TE to act like it on and off the field. I can promise you his message to the staff was not pro-team, staff or Iowa. Promise you.

Fant follows rules, plays, we win. I blame that on Fant. Criminal mindset to blame lack of success on the authority figure not letting you get your way. See every prison in America.
You can blame it on the Easter Bunny for all I care. KF can absolutely make that decision but he's going to get criticized for it and rightly so. KF can sit in front of the cameras and answer questions about choking 3 games in a row.
Not that I think KF cares what Iowa fans think of him. I don't think he gives 2 shits one way or the other.

Your comments are all over the place. First you’re saying that they’re not put him in because “he’s gone”. Then you say “coaches work with that every year,” like it’s no big deal.

You sure seem to act like you know about this “more going” with your comments. If you don’t, then you’re just guessing he’s not simply being underutilized.

You can blame it on the Easter Bunny for all I care. KF can absolutely make that decision but he's going to get criticized for it and rightly so. KF can sit in front of the cameras and answer questions about choking 3 games in a row.
Not that I think KF cares what Iowa fans think of him. I don't think he gives 2 shits one way or the other.
As i said, if you are the guy that lets a TE who is gone next year run the team.....so be it. Its a painful choice, but men with principles are rarely liked. But it has him at winningest coach in Iowa history and 5th in Big history.....so....you dont "luck" that many wins or succeed giving into your critics. He's wildly successful in his profession. Love him or hate him. Fact.

Hell yea it is!! Hell yea! And......? That is on Fant. Fant is in charge? That works in the military? Only if you are Bill Murray. This team doesnt need a big toe. It needs the other All-American TE to act like it on and off the field. I can promise you his message to the staff was not pro-team, staff or Iowa. Promise you.
And?? I already said...don't get offended by people taking KF to task for that decision. Is your reading comprehension not good? You're the one that took issue with the criticism. Some people will want to criticize that decision.

Your comments are all over the place. First you’re saying that they’re not put him in because “he’s gone”. Then you say “coaches work with that every year,” like it’s no big deal.

You sure seem to act like you know about this “more going” with your comments. If you don’t, then you’re just guessing he’s not simply being underutilized.
You should drink less or go back to school. Im sorry, none of your post makes sense. Seriously, can you try again?

Pointing out to people who want to say Fant should be playing.....he isnt. There is a reason. The HC gets to set the rules. Anyone crying about it is either Chris Fant or agrees that our program should bow down to players and not maintain discipline. This is Fant's fault. He is not making his head coach happy. The reason doesnt matter now does it?

How is it Fant's fault? He was interviewed and said all the right things. Then his coach got petty and stopped calling his number in public. There's one backstabbing loser with an ego too big for his body and that's not Fant.

You know what he taught Fant with this? You can't trust your leadership; because everyone is petty. He taught Fant that coaches only dole out criticism. They don't take it. And the criticism doesn't have to be from the player. It can be from people around the player. It's petty and ridiculous.

My evidence? If Fant had done something against team rules, he'd be suspended. He didn't, so he hasn't been suspended. Just blackballed. If he was injured, he doesn't make that 65 yard run after the catch last Saturday. So, he's in the doghouse when his brother did something wrong. Not even the vengeful Old Testament pre-flood God was that spiteful against familial wrongs. Noah isn't his brother's keeper.

When is the last time a qb was in the doghouse? A linebacker? A lineman? Never? I wonder why that is - because Josey was more outspoken than any of the skill players that have been benched quietly in the Ferentz era.

Noah shouldn't be mad though. His skills have already been displayed enough. He will test well at the combine. And he's going to get a fat paycheck in the league. Far away from the Ferentz sour grapes.

As i said, if you are the guy that lets a TE who is gone next year run the team.....so be it. Its a painful choice, but men with principles are rarely liked. But it has him at winningest coach in Iowa history and 5th in Big history.....so....you dont "luck" that many wins or succeed giving into your critics. He's wildly successful in his profession. Love him or hate him. Fact.
You "luck" into a Gutless Gary AD that allows you to hang around long enough to get that many wins. Name another P5 program that allows a HC to hang around for 14 seasons without a conference title to show for it?

And?? I already said...don't get offended by people taking KF to task for that decision. Is your reading comprehension not good? You're the one that took issue with the criticism. Some people will want to criticize that decision.
I said go ahead and question...he didnt question, he assumed KF to be in the wrong and called him an @hole. That is wrong. I heard someone said you rape goats. I get to call you an ahole with no facts? Right. I read quite well. You read but you dont process well.

I said go ahead and question...he didnt question, he assumed KF to be in the wrong and called him an @hole. That is wrong. I heard someone said you rape goats. I get to call you an ahole with no facts? Right. I read quite well. You read but you dont process well.
Apparently it's not wrong.