!*****Official 'It's Still Possible' Game Thread*****!

Is It Still Possible?

• Yes

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Shut Your Pie Hole

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You "luck" into a Gutless Gary AD that allows you to hang around long enough to get that many wins. Name another P5 program that allows a HC to hang around for 14 seasons without a conference title to show for it?
I cant name more than 25 schools that have more wins than KF during his tenure. What is your comeback? All but 24 or so teams...must be a ton of terrible AD's out there sacking great coaches.

I'm not the poster that originally said it. This is a message board. People are here to discuss and often "speculate". I can't believe it's a coincidence that Noah Fant's playing time has decreased since his family started running their mouths. Which I was very critical about. If we had a dynamic WR corpse, I could understand not speculating this way. But we don't. We have a garbage WR corpse. I believe it's 100% fair to consider KF is cutting NF's playing time out of spite. I think it's likely.
Fant is soft - has no desire to play football. Pretty sure I'm correct. Good luck to the NFL team that selects him 1st round.

How is it Fant's fault? He was interviewed and said all the right things. Then his coach got petty and stopped calling his number in public. There's one backstabbing loser with an ego too big for his body and that's not Fant.

You know what he taught Fant with this? You can't trust your leadership; because everyone is petty. He taught Fant that coaches only dole out criticism. They don't take it. And the criticism doesn't have to be from the player. It can be from people around the player. It's petty and ridiculous.

My evidence? If Fant had done something against team rules, he'd be suspended. He didn't, so he hasn't been suspended. Just blackballed. If he was injured, he doesn't make that 65 yard run after the catch last Saturday. So, he's in the doghouse when his brother did something wrong. Not even the vengeful Old Testament pre-flood God was that spiteful against familial wrongs. Noah isn't his brother's keeper.

When is the last time a qb was in the doghouse? A linebacker? A lineman? Never? I wonder why that is - because Josey was more outspoken than any of the skill players that have been benched quietly in the Ferentz era.

Noah shouldn't be mad though. His skills have already been displayed enough. He will test well at the combine. And he's going to get a fat paycheck in the league. Far away from the Ferentz sour grapes.
And people can't believe Kirk badmouths players to NFL reps. Kirk is petty as hell.

I cant name more than 25 schools that have more wins than KF during his tenure. What is your comeback? All but 24 or so teams...must be a ton of terrible AD's out there sacking great coaches.
Just provide me with the name of another P5 program that keeps a HC around for 14 years without a conference title. That's what I asked you to do. If you can't do it, just admit it. KF doesn't get the opportunity at any other P5 program to get to 149 wins.

How is it Fant's fault? He was interviewed and said all the right things. Then his coach got petty and stopped calling his number in public. There's one backstabbing loser with an ego too big for his body and that's not Fant.

You know what he taught Fant with this? You can't trust your leadership; because everyone is petty. He taught Fant that coaches only dole out criticism. They don't take it. And the criticism doesn't have to be from the player. It can be from people around the player. It's petty and ridiculous.

My evidence? If Fant had done something against team rules, he'd be suspended. He didn't, so he hasn't been suspended. Just blackballed. If he was injured, he doesn't make that 65 yard run after the catch last Saturday. So, he's in the doghouse when his brother did something wrong. Not even the vengeful Old Testament pre-flood God was that spiteful against familial wrongs. Noah isn't his brother's keeper.

When is the last time a qb was in the doghouse? A linebacker? A lineman? Never? I wonder why that is - because Josey was more outspoken than any of the skill players that have been benched quietly in the Ferentz era.

Noah shouldn't be mad though. His skills have already been displayed enough. He will test well at the combine. And he's going to get a fat paycheck in the league. Far away from the Ferentz sour grapes.
He's not playing. There is a reason. The NFL "very highly" respect KF. Bad move Fant family. If KF isnt playing such a talented individual, the NFL will take notice. Fant had an opportunity to make it right. Cow tow and make it right. He went with another dorection. His choice. He made a choice and it burned him. KF has 30+ years of street cred.....Fant made a regrettable decision or his response was inappropriate. He can tell KF to stick it from the NFL...but he lost $ and made his path more difficult. Plenty of talented receivers in the NFL dont get paid of are avoided for being a problem.

Just provide me with the name of another P5 program that keeps a HC around for 14 years without a conference title. That's what I asked you to do. If you can't do it, just admit it. KF doesn't get the opportunity at any other P5 program to get to 149 wins.
None. And thats why they are all below Iowa on the wins list the past 20 yrs but 24. ALL. What is one conf title worth?

I had to leave mid first half and came home later to finish the game. Why the F didn't I look at the score and save myself from that shit show?!!!

Damn this shit is getting old!!!!! We're mediocre at best.

He's not playing. There is a reason. The NFL "very highly" respect KF. Bad move Fant family. If KF isnt playing such a talented individual, the NFL will take notice. Fant had an opportunity to make it right. Cow tow and make it right. He went with another dorection. His choice. He made a choice and it burned him. KF has 30+ years of street cred.....Fant made a regrettable decision or his response was inappropriate. He can tell KF to stick it from the NFL...but he lost $ and made his path more difficult. Plenty of talented receivers in the NFL dont get paid of are avoided for being a problem.
So, a player has to cow tow to a coach that makes $5 million a year in order to continue to get playing time? That's the very definition of a vindictive asshole. Thanks for clearing that one up too. Now I know it's accurate.

He's not a problem though. His brother isn't even disrespectful with his criticism. Kirk thinks he's king. And nobody is going to turn down a guy Fant's size with Fant's hands and Fant's vertical and Fant's speed with Fant's credentials because his brother made one tweet. Aaron Hernandez became a murderer and had a history of violence. He played and got payed. If Ferentz was well-respected enough to bar a kid from the NFL based on hearsay - he'd be a GM or coach there.

Here's the thing. He's an arrogant, stubborn, narcissist when it comes to his football team. He's been known to pull press creds from reporters making less than 60k a year for being critical of him. That's Bobby Knight level narcissism. Without Knight's success.

Stop being a proudkirkfan and start being a Hawkeye fan. Fant is a great Hawkeye. He's just a kid. He's not here to play machiavellian politics. There's only one politician in Iowa City. And he's moving you like a pawn.

If Fant is really a problem, KF shouldn't play him at all. Sit him for the rest of the season and has it out after the season is over.

If Fant is really a problem, KF shouldn't play him at all. Sit him for the rest of the season and has it out after the season is over.
As i said, its his decision. Has to be a TON more to the story i'd guess. Maybe part of the problem is Stanley's decision making, but a lot is coach's discretion. Id love to see him play more, but not now. Hock needs to be the man now

He's not a problem though. His brother isn't even disrespectful with his criticism. Kirk thinks he's king. And nobody is going to turn down a guy Fant's size with Fant's hands and Fant's vertical and Fant's speed with Fant's credentials because his brother made one tweet. Aaron Hernandez became a murderer and had a history of violence. He played and got payed. If Ferentz was well-respected enough to bar a kid from the NFL based on hearsay - he'd be a GM or coach there.

Here's the thing. He's an arrogant, stubborn, narcissist when it comes to his football team. He's been known to pull press creds from reporters making less than 60k a year for being critical of him. That's Bobby Knight level narcissism. Without Knight's success.

Stop being a proudkirkfan and start being a Hawkeye fan. Fant is a great Hawkeye. He's just a kid. He's not here to play machiavellian politics. There's only one politician in Iowa City. And he's moving you like a pawn.
Calling the Iowa program historically crap? An all-time top 30 win program. Id call it being disrespectful. Refering to the other NFL good TE's to come through here as also rans? Disrespectful. Chris crapped on the program. No respect intended at all. It was childish and his brother never really came to defense of the program. He gave interviews but he never told his brother or family to cool it.