Brian Ferentz - How do you like me now?

If you've been paying attention, I've been giving BF a lot more respect this season. I'm a rational person that can change my opinion on subjects. That being said, I know better to get my hopes up. :)

Don't make me pull up some old threads. :) I'll respect your openness to a change of heart on this subject. I've been really impressed with the fact that he has a plan and he's not afraid to execute it. No fear, no shutting down and going conservative with the hope of running clock and letting the defense win it. They came out in the second half of the last two games and were slinging it all over like nothing was on the line. You just haven't seen Iowa play like that...ever. He's the change.

Think about it...Wisconsin stopped us in the red zone twice that just killed us...but this team is good in the red zone. They simply made great plays a few times that killed us. Then the turnovers obviously...but the offense has played really well since UNI. Wisconsin was just one of those games.

run into a 10 man front the first 17 games of your career, overall grade F
pass to set up the run, get 42 points and almost 500 yards............and the run game is better.

The offensive production has been nice over the last 4 games but let us not pretend that any of those defenses were the '85 bears either.

I’ll got no problem giving BF props when he calls a good game. But let’s not act like he’s some elite coordinator.
He’s not an elite coordinator.

Where did you give him props?

run into a 10 man front the first 17 games of your career, overall grade F
pass to set up the run, get 42 points and almost 500 yards............and the run game is better.

The offensive production has been nice over the last 4 games but let us not pretend that any of those defenses were the '85 bears either.
Is any collegiate defense equivalent to the 85 bears.

If anyone claims they are then they’re dopes

The offensive production that last 4 games has been better than nice.

I'm still waiting for Caddy and Garandx 13 to come crawling out of their holes.

Can't coach, can't recruit, have no playmakers, best players on the bench, won't play Colbert, DL gets pushed around, on and on.

Haven't heard a peep out of them and won't until we lose again. Then it will be repeat cycle
Revkev — hawkgold-ish ....

Who besides fant are we really worried about leaving early though?

At this point I’m worried about the following:

Fant
Hockenson
A Nelson
Hooker
Stanley

I think Fant is gone for sure. The rest are all better college football players at their positions than Daniels was and he left early last year. If can leave early and get drafted, so can these guys.

Well SAID. But team moving forward YES.Players Tough!. Us fans can and should Enjoy yes.Next step Terps..Good step.Hawk fans waay cool!
The play calling was much better this week. If BF continues to progress each season, I'll be ecstatic. I'm rooting for him.

At this point I’m worried about the following:

Fant
Hockenson
A Nelson
Hooker
Stanley

I think Fant is gone for sure. The rest are all better college football players at their positions than Daniels was and he left early last year. If can leave early and get drafted, so can these guys.
None of those guys other than Fant will leave.

I will gladly eat crow. Bf has called 2 great games. Indiana tried to stack the box against us and we attacked 1 on 1 coverage until they backed off. Then we ran where we wanted. This is what I want to see going forward. It is difficult to stop a well balanced offense....

To eat crow is a bit better

Than having things the other way around

hqdefault.jpg

:cool:

Damn.....

This Michigan State at Penn State game is getting interesting. Spartans behind by 3 in FG range with 34 seconds to go.....

Latest posts