Brian Ferentz - How do you like me now?

This is a tough one for me. While our next 2 games are our toughest games left on the schedule, MD & Pedo St's defenses are 35th and 45th respectively. Not bad, but not great. If we can put up 35+ points in both of those games, I will definitely be cutting BF a lot more slack, however.

I liked the play calling a lot.

We need to throw in a few more screens when teams start blitzing. We struggled against the blitz today.

And when we run into better athletes that could be scary.

All of the so called fans who have been hating him since the beginning deserve all the flak they are getting now. I take it that many of those fans also predicted Iowa to lose to the Goofers or Indiana losers.

So all the haters...which offense would you rather be running...Greg Davis or Brian Ferentz? Now, please tell me how it's O'Keefe calling the shots...that's your other argument.

If you are paying attention...they are adding to the offense with every game...much less of the zone blocking today and more power and man blocking on the interior. The passing game tested them deep...got our TEs in space and guys open in the flat with running room.

I don't know what else you want as evidence that is this a very good offense with a very young nucleus of players. It's amazing what can happen if you aren't starting two freshmen tackles at this time of the year...like last year.

Some of us understood our best chance at having a good offense was getting Brian into the OC spot. I was calling for this after the Rose Bowl.

He needs to move up. Greg Davis had a great year, and can go out knowing he left the program and offense in good shape. Brian is in line for an OC job somewhere, hopefully it is here. We really need to get our passing schemes more NFL like than they are under Greg.

Well said. I hope so badly that GD steps down and Brian takes his place. Those that said Brian isn't ready, could he really do worse than that crap Davis put on the field Vs MSU and Stanford??? Time to get some youth and and new ideas into our passing game, much like he revitalized our running game this year.

I took heat last year for saying that we should get to living or get to dying (so to speak) at the OC position. I was all for Brian last year, untested and everything.

Why not hand the keys over to Brian when the offense will be fully functional and has the best chance to not only succeed, but flourish?

The hate Brian Ferentz crowd always cracked me up. It is like they hated the old man, so they just transferred that hate upon him as well. I have been saying for over a year now, just turn the whole offense over to him, and lets turn this biotch up a notch.

This is a tough one for me. While our next 2 games are our toughest games left on the schedule, MD & Pedo St's defenses are 35th and 45th respectively. Not bad, but not great. If we can put up 35+ points in both of those games, I will definitely be cutting BF a lot more slack, however.

Two consecutive B10 road games...90 points...I think that deserves some respect.

I came here thinking nobody could be grumpy and negative after that game. Gold and lightning find a way though.

Life must really suck being that negative.
I'm still waiting for Caddy and Garandx to come crawling out of their holes.

Can't coach, can't recruit, have no playmakers, best players on the bench, won't play Colbert, DL gets pushed around, on and on.

Haven't heard a peep out of them and won't until we lose again. Then it will be repeat cycle

Last edited:
I liked the Brian Ferentz hire initially because I thought that was the best way to open dad up. I am starting to like him even more. Kurt was never gonna hire a flashy offensive coach, but Brian is doing better at mixing the old and the new than most could.

I liked the Brian Ferentz hire initially because I thought that was the best way to open dad up. I am starting to like him even more. Kurt was never gonna hire a flashy offensive coach, but Brian is doing better at mixing the old and the new than most could.
I will agree that it appears that Brian has a lot more slack on that rope. I'm not gonna go all crazy like Dean has though. There's still plenty of games left this year.

Latest posts