At what point has Kirk seen enough to give the keys back to O'Keefe

okeefe4prez

Look, I'm sorry, but Iowa is a better team than Wisconsin. But due to sheer ineptitude of offensive playcalling, we lost. The two special teams snafus didn't help, but I guarandamntee you that O'Keefe wins that game. I could write a War & Peace lenght treatise on what I saw, but the lack of balls on 2nd and short is really what did Iowa in tonight.

I can accept that Iowa ain't ever gonna be Bama and we will never just sneak up and turn into Clemson, but that is so god damned unfair to those kids. That team played very well. Saltiness on the o-line, Stanley played good, Fant played good, Hockenson played good, the defense was fine. Not a single complaint on the players save fore a couple eff ups on special teams. But that coaching staff. If I were Fant I'd fake an injury just to start cashing NFL checks. Great game by the kids, shitty game by the Ferentz Posse.

Okeefe was a master at handing big games away have you forgotten? We will always be the same average team as long as Ferentz is at the helm.
Shut your whore mouth. O'Keefe rolls up a 30 spot in that game tonight. The QB was on. The line blocked good. Guys caught passes. The RBs hit holes and got yards after contact. O'Keefe goes for the jugular in a game like that.

O Keefe will be back at OC when Brian gets hired as the new head coach at New England in a year or two.

Okeefe never went for the jugular he went into ultra conservative mode and blew big games all the time that's why they ran his ass out of town. The loss is on the bonehead turnovers more than anything.

Okeefe never went for the jugular he went into ultra conservative mode and blew big games all the time that's why they ran his ass out of town. The loss is on the bonehead turnovers more than anything.

Okeefe never went for the jugular is not totally correct as it was mostly the KF philosophy to run clock and grind out wins. I am not against that but you have to take a shot now and then.

But many dont remember in the famous fake punt wisky 2010 game that before the fake punt Greenwood intercepted a pass to give Iowa the ball about the wisky 30-35 yard line with a 6 pt lead. On first down KOK dialed up a naked waggle or such and was going for the endzone and stick a fork in you play. It didnt work, the hawks didnt score, the fake punt ensued, history.

KOK actually was a head coach who ran a high powered offense at one time.

Okeefe never went for the jugular is not totally correct as it was mostly the KF philosophy to run clock and grind out wins. I am not against that but you have to take a shot now and then.

But many dont remember in the famous fake punt wisky 2010 game that before the fake punt Greenwood intercepted a pass to give Iowa the ball about the wisky 30-35 yard line with a 6 pt lead. On first down KOK dialed up a naked waggle or such and was going for the endzone and stick a fork in you play. It didnt work, the hawks didnt score, the fake punt ensued, history.

KOK actually was a head coach who ran a high powered offense at one time.
It was actually a three point lead, which was the whole point. Greenwood should have iced the game. We turtled, Wisconsin didn't quit. When we had to settle for the FG it was still a one possession game. If we go for the jugular on a demoralized team in that spot we could truly have iced the game.

It was actually a three point lead, which was the whole point. Greenwood should have iced the game. We turtled, Wisconsin didn't quit. When we had to settle for the FG it was still a one possession game. If we go for the jugular on a demoralized team in that spot we could truly have iced the game.

Ah yes, we kicked a fg. But KOK did try one shot I think on first down. Then the coaches went conservative when that didnt work.

And just the fact that Wisky tried a fake punt from their own 30 something yard line with about 5 minutes to go tells you a lot about their guttsiness vs KFs.

If you are already losing who cares how much you lose by.

Unfortunately, young teams need to learn how to win. It was no different in 2008. That team lost four games early to teams they should have beaten. Look at the mistakes made last night that were critical to the outcome...punter returner 1st year...Beyer...1st year.

I think this team is similar to 2008. They are going to continue to improve. If they don't turn the ball over in the coming B10 games...I think they win them all...including Penn State. Let's see how Penn State does this week. I think OSU is going to hammer them.

Purdue is a tough out...Maryland will be a tough out...but I don't think either of those teams can run the ball like Wisconsin...or protect the QB like Wisconsin. Wisky is just a different animal. We should have beaten them.

Iowa vs Wisconsin with KOK as OC 6-6
Iowa vs Wisconsin without KOK as OC 1-5

Iowa's average Total Offense ranking with KOK as OC: 67.92 (62.18 if you take away the first 2 seasons)

Iowa's average Total Offense ranking without KOK as OC: 96.16

Iowa's average Total Offense ranking with KOK as OC: 67.92 (62.18 if you take away the first 2 seasons)

Iowa's average Total Offense ranking without KOK as OC: 96.16
They will never get it. They have this fascination with old things and bend reality to suit their agenda.
They think Iowa was some sort of powerhouse when we actually have always blown games like this.

Unfortunately, young teams need to learn how to win. It was no different in 2008. That team lost four games early to teams they should have beaten. Look at the mistakes made last night that were critical to the outcome...punter returner 1st year...Beyer...1st year.

I think this team is similar to 2008. They are going to continue to improve. If they don't turn the ball over in the coming B10 games...I think they win them all...including Penn State. Let's see how Penn State does this week. I think OSU is going to hammer them.

Purdue is a tough out...Maryland will be a tough out...but I don't think either of those teams can run the ball like Wisconsin...or protect the QB like Wisconsin. Wisky is just a different animal. We should have beaten them.

Then next year better be like 2009, otherwise what is Iowa doing? It is 2018, just getting to bowl games isn’t enough anymore. If this is a building block toward next year I buy your argument. Otherwise, if growing pains this year leads to 8-4 next year, then this year will be a complete waste.

Look, I'm sorry, but Iowa is a better team than Wisconsin. But due to sheer ineptitude of offensive playcalling, we lost. The two special teams snafus didn't help, but I guarandamntee you that O'Keefe wins that game. I could write a War & Peace lenght treatise on what I saw, but the lack of balls on 2nd and short is really what did Iowa in tonight.

Quick questions:
--Did Brian call the fumbles by the punt return team?
--Did Brian call the D signals on Wisconsin's last drive?

That said, there were some head-scratchers, but also some fantastic calls, too.