BF reached out to Ahmad Wagner

Ahmad would have a lot of catching up to do, to see the field this year. Yes, he has the size but he hasn't played for a number of years and let's not forget the other WR's are pretty damn good athletes too. That said, his size and height give him an extreme advantage over the other WR's or any DB he would face. Might as well redefine the 50/50 ball to 100/0. With his experience playing basketball, no DB would be able to match up against him. Whether he can get get open or block is another question.

Ahmad would have a lot of catching up to do, to see the field this year. Yes, he has the size but he hasn't played for a number of years and let's not forget the other WR's are pretty damn good athletes too. That said, his size and height give him an extreme advantage over the other WR's or any DB he would face. Might as well redefine the 50/50 ball to 100/0. With his experience playing basketball, no DB would be able to match up against him. Whether he can get get open or block is another question.
I think he can handle this play: anytime Iowa is in the red zone — “
Hey Ahmad! Run to the back of the end zone and Nate will lob it to you and you jump up and catch it.

I think he can handle this play: anytime Iowa is in the red zone — “
Hey Ahmad! Run to the back of the end zone and Nate will lob it to you and you jump up and catch it.

or, take off running, count 10 steps and turn towards the sideline if the defender is on your inside shoulder, turn towards the inside if the defender is on your outside shoulder. And...if no one is guarding you, stop and turn around and wait for Nate to throw you the ball. Reverse it for the other side of the field.

The fade route makes a come back.
I used to love that play to Marvin.
Thing is you don't have to "beat the DB, just be tall enough and have the correct trajectory of the lob pass and there isn't a darn thing they can do without drawing a flag.

Stanley just has to be thinking he won the lottery if Wagner stays. Practice your fade tosses Stanley. Keep them in the field of play and let Wagner go get some 'rebounds' He'll make every 5'11 corner out there look like the shrimps they are compared to him. Put him outside don't try cramming him in at TE day 1. You can ease him into that. But put him where he'd do the most damage.

Smith on one side Wagner on the other with Hockenson, Beyer and Fant on the field at the same time??!!!.... Are you kidding me?

Stanley just has to be thinking he won the lottery if Wagner stays. Practice your fade tosses Stanley. Keep them in the field of play and let Wagner go get some 'rebounds' He'll make every 5'11 corner out there look like the shrimps they are compared to him. Put him outside don't try cramming him in at TE day 1. You can ease him into that. But put him where he'd do the most damage.

Smith on one side Wagner on the other with Hockenson, Beyer and Fant on the field at the same time??!!!.... Are you kidding me?
Exactly.
2 wide outs and a te across the middle. Done deal.
I think I remember some of our TE's have a second gear as well.
Oh and practice toes stopping before the line. Basketball ball guys kind of get that. Then just lay out, catch the ball.

All this would be awesome, but this staff does not excell at finding small roles for players with limited play book knowledge.
Well, I figure a little different than most I reckon. :)
You see, I figure people chatter about this defense or this offense in the red zone. When in reality the whole dam field is a red zone!!! From there it's all about hot spots.

At least a year of practicing his blocking assignments before any pass receptions
I want to punch you... Haha. I could care less if he's in there on any running downs. I don't care if it's the most predictable thing ever. Kinda like Randy Moss in his hay day in the red zone (and everywhere else for that matter) Make them try and stop it. If him not getting reps is due to a lack of blocking prowess at all the staff should be fired. Randy Moss didn't cash one paycheck because of his blocking. And Wagners role shouldn't be looked at any different.