BF reached out to Ahmad Wagner

The further you are away from the ball the less experience matters. Add that basketball players are generally more athletic than FB players and I see no reason Wagner can’t be an immediate impact player in 2017. I’m sorry but playing WR doesn’t take mental gymnastics. Run route, catch ball, run toward end zone. There are not even many blocking choices on the outside. There are no blitz pick ups.

Lol I actually think Wagner's biggest immediate impact is on edge blocking. If he can learn how to hold a block on a smaller CB we could run sweeps to the boundary until the other team bleeds out.

I also hope we can utilize Wagner in the passing game as well, but Iowa's MO keeps those hopes grounded for me.

In keeping with the optimism of this thread..."Wagner is just what we need to put us over the top offensively and put us in the national championship race."

359-sarcasm.jpg

Can non-football scholarship students participate in spring football practice or is it limited to scholarship players only? Presumably Wagner is still on scholarship through the end of the semester, but as a basketball scholarship. Is he even allowed to practice with the football team this spring, presuming it's something he wants to do?

Can non-football scholarship students participate in spring football practice or is it limited to scholarship players only? Presumably Wagner is still on scholarship through the end of the semester, but as a basketball scholarship. Is he even allowed to practice with the football team this spring, presuming it's something he wants to do?

Very good question. I hadn't bothered to look it up.

Apparently not while they are on scholarship for a different sport. If you have a football scholarship available and are not over the scholarship limit than YES. But like any other football scholarship once granted it is good for the remainder of the student's eligibility.

You can not play or practice football while under scholarship for another sport. This prevents high profile sports from stocking up on extra players by giving them a scholarship in another sport.

If I understand right, you can do the opposite. You can participate in a lower profile sport while on scholarship for a higher one. The high profile sports are football (men), basketball (men, women), volleyball (women).

https://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tam/genrel/auto_pdf/comp101-4-multi-sport-sas.pdf

Last edited:

I don't know, but I do know that if it was implicitly against the rules then it wouldn't happen here. You can bet your bottom dollar that Kirk isn't risking his reputation on some basketball convert.

I read on TOS that Wagner was seen at practice. He wasn’t participating but just watching the WR group. Very interesting if true.