2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

FYI Jake had a 2.28 ERA in the second half and gave up 1 earned run in his 2 starts this postseason. He will get paid.

Back from the game Tuesday, was a good experience except for the outcome of the game :)
The new improvements to the area are nice, we really liked the Park outside, ate a little there and took a picture with the Trophy etc. About the only complaint is the sound system can be a little overwhelming and just give you a headache by the 4th inning. Especially where we were on the lower level under the upper deck.
Great win last night, this team is very mentally tough and that was not easy to do last night at all with their backs against the wall.

I’m hoping the offense can really break out tonight. It would be great to see us score runs without home runs only.

I’m hoping the offense can really break out tonight. It would be great to see us score runs without home runs only.

Absolutely or at least get a couple guys on before we hit a bomb. Most likely Davis won't be available tonight either, so we almost have to have more than a 1 or 2 run lead late to win it with our pen the way it is right now.

Absolutely or at least get a couple guys on before we hit a bomb. Most likely Davis won't be available tonight either, so we almost have to have more than a 1 or 2 run lead late to win it with our pen the way it is right now.
I would go as far to say we need at least 3 runs if not 4 to be on the safer side. I just don't have much faith in this bull pen. Great game last night!

I would go as far to say we need at least 3 runs if not 4 to be on the safer side. I just don't have much faith in this bull pen. Great game last night!

So like more than a 1 or 2 run lead :p Ha ha sorry I couldn't resist. The Dodgers are due to make a key error at some point too you'd think, they haven't given us a thing yet.

So like more than a 1 or 2 run lead :p Ha ha sorry I couldn't resist. The Dodgers are due to make a key error at some point too you'd think, they haven't given us a thing yet.
I would say 3 or 4 is more than a 1 or 2. I agreed. :p :) Kershaw is going to have a very short night. I can feel it!

Good night boys.....too bad, lot of game yet, but don't see it.....clean house by getting some new pitchers and a hitting coach tbat teaches young players to actually swing the bat and connect.....

Latest posts