High-Step Showboat Crap

Really its a rule? Ive seen that done in so many college games and never seen it called..

I don't think there is any set rule.. its all officials interpretation.

You're completely missing the point. Why even chance it with that sort of behavior? I'm surprised Wadley's never been called before. It's a selfish move that only has a downside--hurting the team with a penalty.

You're completely missing the point. Why even chance it with that sort of behavior? I'm surprised Wadley's never been called before. It's a selfish move that only has a downside--hurting the team with a penalty.

Because its nothing.. it doesn't even constitute any "Type of behavior"

Holding the ball out in some ones face.. throwing it at them.. making throating cutting gestures...

Yeah some things are taunting..

But high stepping? Totally meaningless and I can't even remember a time I've seen it called a penalty before on any level.

Some if someone pump fists? or jumps into the endzone is that a penalty also?

Just complete silliness.

Because its nothing.. it doesn't even constitute any "Type of behavior"

Holding the ball out in some ones face.. throwing it at them.. making throating cutting gestures...

Yeah some things are taunting..

But high stepping? Totally meaningless and I can't even remember a time I've seen it called a penalty before on any level.

Some if someone pump fists? or jumps into the endzone is that a penalty also?

Just complete silliness.

It absolutely represents a "type of behavior." High stepping was noted as a type of banned over-celebration when they made the ban 20 some years ago. Regardless, it's a subjective call by the refs--why give them any reason. Every time Wadley does that crap I cringe because I know this can happen. Just act like you've been there before, go back to the sidelines and celebrate with your teammates. It's real easy. Our "look at me" culture that you seem to agree with is the reason for this stupid crap...Wadley also needs to cut out the stupid slapping money thing after touchdowns--selfish and stupid.

I can't remember his name, but RB25 was surprisingly named a starter this year after the last guy graduated. I think I remember him from a few games, but with RB28 and RB20 stepping up it looks like we have plenty of talent to distribute the ball to.

It absolutely represents a "type of behavior." High stepping was noted as a type of banned over-celebration when they made the ban 20 some years ago. Regardless, it's a subjective call by the refs--why give them any reason. Every time Wadley does that crap I cringe because I know this can happen. Just act like you've been there before, go back to the sidelines and celebrate with your teammates. It's real easy. Our "look at me" culture that you seem to agree with is the reason for this stupid crap...Wadley also needs to cut out the stupid slapping money thing after touchdowns--selfish and stupid.

It's silly to be offended by those things... really it is... Ive seen football players high stepping since the 80's...

Never has it offended me nor have i seen a flag thrown on it.

It's silly to be offended by those things... really it is... Ive seen football players high stepping since the 80's...

Never has it offended me nor have i seen a flag thrown on it.

Nobody is "offended". They're saying why do stupid me-first stuff when you don't have to?

me first... lol just such an overeaction.

way too culturally sensitive... lets just all act like what the old white men say we should.

You're dense and you keep missing the point. Whether or not you think it's showboating, it can be construed as that--and may hurt the team--you don't seem to care about this. Btw, you could high step in the 80's because celebrations hadn't been banned yet.

If Wadley thought he could get penalized for that he wouldn't have done it.

Like myself he has watched football for many years and never seen that called a penatly...

Anyone with any sense knows he doesn't exhibit that behavior "just because." He does it to showboat--if you and Wadley can't figure that out, you're dumber than you already seem.

I can't remember his name, but RB25 was surprisingly named a starter this year after the last guy graduated. I think I remember him from a few games, but with RB28 and RB20 stepping up it looks like we have plenty of talent to distribute the ball to.
RB21 looks pretty good to.

I dunno, man. Reading your posts, it doesn't seem you're fine with anything. Plenty of pent up anger and a burning desire to point it at someone...usually leveraging the shallowest of cliches with an aversion to any kind of reasoned discussion or argument.

that's fine.

Latest posts