Villanova game thread

That look on Woody's face walking through the handshake line.......It's like man this is over i get a job.

U serious? This staff? Have you seen Uhl? You leave with what you came with when you get to Iowa, not a single thing more.

At least Ferentz develops guys; he might misuse / not use them in strategically optimal ways but there's no denying he teaches them skills and techniques and game IQ. MuckCaff ... Plug-n-play is the Philly way; coaching optional.

Some guys have gotten better, some haven't. Pretty much the same everywhere else. Woody just never had the athleticism it takes to be any better. Other than that, Gesell and Oglesby are the only ones to not get any better.

He did have a great career in high school, but he probably should have took a red shirt to develop. He may have if Moss had not had his pre season academic problems.

Some guys have gotten better, some haven't. Pretty much the same everywhere else. Woody just never had the athleticism it takes to be any better. Other than that, Gesell and Oglesby are the only ones to not get any better.

You can put McCabe on this list as well.

I've never seen an Iowa team melt down at the end of a season like this before. Oh wait, yes I have.

Ellingson couldn't get into a 30-point game until they were 30 seconds left. I assume he'll make his transfer announcement within the week, because this coaching staff is done with him.

Fran's gotta make some decisions if he wants to stay at Iowa more than a few more years. Certain players need to be replaced with elite players. Just sayin.

Just a disaster....what an embarrassment. No fight at all.

It was embarrassing. We got smoked by a good team who played lights out. We were outplayed and outperformed, and yes outcoached (although when you shoot 60% coaching looks pretty good).

But...no fight? BS. This team was down 34 points and lost by 19...still pretty awful...but if the team had truly given up and not fought...they would have lost by 40+.

Fran's gotta make some decisions if he wants to stay at Iowa more than a few more years. Certain players need to be replaced with elite players. Just sayin.

While I'll agree Fran needs to make some changes/improvements, you don't just snap your fingers and get elite players.

If it was easy to get elite players, everyone would be UNC, Duke, Ky.

Fran is not an elite coach, noone would argue that, but he's pretty good and has done a good job in his time at Iowa. Not sure he'll continue to get better as it's obviously very difficult to take that next step, so I guess we'll see over the next few years.

If what many say about our seniors is true, we should be better by subtraction, right? I don't necessarily agree but we'll find out.

I am afraid Ellingson will be on this list IF he sticks around. I don't see that happening. Maybe Williams too.

There will be many more on the list as Fran's career goes on. Every school has them at the end of their bench. McCabe was forced to continue playing due to where we were as a program. From now on, guys who don't get better won't be playing.

While I'll agree Fran needs to make some changes/improvements, you don't just snap your fingers and get elite players.

If it was easy to get elite players, everyone would be UNC, Duke, Ky.

Fran is not an elite coach, noone would argue that, but he's pretty good and has done a good job in his time at Iowa. Not sure he'll continue to get better as it's obviously very difficult to take that next step, so I guess we'll see over the next few years.

If what many say about our seniors is true, we should be better by subtraction, right? I don't necessarily agree but we'll find out.

If everyone was UCN, Duke, Ky, no one would be UNC, Duke, Ky.

Why? Fran has done a wonderful job! When Davis took over the program, an individual had to donate money to get split-season tickets. During Davis' last few seasons the Hawks couldn't sell out the joint. Iowa hasn't had elite players since Ralph & Lute. Plus, with your avatar & posts you can't be taken seriously. Obviously, your a troll who hasn't posted anything but junk.

It was embarrassing. We got smoked by a good team who played lights out. We were outplayed and outperformed, and yes outcoached (although when you shoot 60% coaching looks pretty good).

But...no fight? BS. This team was down 34 points and lost by 19...still pretty awful...but if the team had truly given up and not fought...they would have lost by 40+.

Nova didn't bring the same intensity in the second half, so of course iowa was able to shave said me points off that 34 point deficit.

Nova didn't bring the same intensity in the second half, so of course iowa was able to shave said me points off that 34 point deficit.

Meh, we still shot like crap and still dug into the lead a little. Villanova still played the starters until the very end and we're still aggressive, they didn't shoot quite as well.

My point remains, Iowa had plenty of issues, and have for a while. Playing hard wasn't one if them.

I don't think we win regardless, because the first half was soooo brutal. But we missed 90% of the open looks from 3 in the 2nd half...

Agains, plenty of things to criticize, fight wasn't one of them.

There will be many more on the list as Fran's career goes on. Every school has them at the end of their bench. McCabe was forced to continue playing due to where we were as a program. From now on, guys who don't get better won't be playing.

If that's the case then Fran is in trouble. It is just like the football program you do not have that big margin of error. I am not talking about Iowa St. delusion of being a blue blood, but if you are going to make those 2 or 3 year Wisconsin type runs you need kids who can ball. At least have kids playing their best ball as Junior or Seniors.

Latest posts