Fran's postgame

spliff45

Shannon Ryan ‏@sryantribune 5m5 minutes ago

Getting testy in Fran McCaffery presser. Asked about play call w/ 4 seconds left: It's none of your business what the play call was.

I've flipped on Fran. I'm tired of his antics, I'm tired of his teams' late season swoons and poor performance in tournaments. I'm done with this guy and I refuse to watch Iowa in the NCAA tournament, strictly because of Fran.

He can't handle adversity and his players eventually turn into a bunch of chokers.

This tag needs to trend on Twitter: #firefran

Well if the call was drawn up for Uhl, I would have answered the same way as Fran. To be honest I wouldn't have had him in the game in that situation to begin with, but I will move on.

I've flipped on Fran. I'm tired of his antics, I'm tired of his teams' late season swoons and poor performance in tournaments. I'm done with this guy and I refuse to watch Iowa in the NCAA tournament, strictly because of Fran.

He can't handle adversity and his players eventually turn into a bunch of chokers.

This tag needs to trend on Twitter: #firefran

I'm about there too. His teams are a reflection of his lack of poise. #firefran

Getting testy in Fran McCaffery presser. Asked about play call w/ 4 seconds left: It's none of your business what the play call was.

He's gotta stand up and take some accountability. Two collapse like this in three years, something him and the team of coaches is doing isn't setting them up for success when it really matters. Hellava job getting them to 10-1 in big ten but is doesn't matter for a **** now. I'd be looking at making an assistant coaching change or changing some philosphy, but he seems like the stubborn type... and i think that plays into why adjustments don't happen often.

Oh god... Alford did win a couple big ten tournaments but he was so horrible. He had a losing record in conference play.

Fran isn't great but Alford was worse.

I will take Fran all day but I wouldn't mind some of Alford's late game playcalling and coaching. Fran needs some help in that dept and badly!!

I wonder if this team even makes the tournament now. This has been an epic, epic collapse, and is the second of his tenure at Iowa. 21-10 is definitely bubble territory.

If they don't make the tourney or are one and done, we should start looking elsewhere...

Did we make last shot of half,NO Did we get a shot off at the end of the game,NO.One game doesn't make a season but this team doesn't have a clue and that's sad.This is all on the coaches on who they play and play calling at the end of half and end of game.Pathetic

I would say Fran's resume is fast going down hill. As far as I'm concerned a coach who can't get kids to play needs to go , probably with his assistants. Look at next year!! If Jok doesn't score 50 points a game the wins will be few and far in between. I think he's done a horrible job as a coach at IOWA and I'm ready to see him go. You'll say the same thing after next year!!!!
'

I thought he was quite rude to that reporter. He could have answered that question better. Maybe not the specifics, but who they wanted to get that shot for.

Just another golden choke job.

You gotta wonder if he is just tired of covering pizz poor play by his seniors. That couldn't have been the inbound play Fran was wanting, but that is where Mike threw the ball.

He lets his players play, and honestly he puts way too much trust in guys who haven't earned that trust honestly. Clemmons killed this team today, Mike kills us at crunch time, McCabe was awful at the end of games, and so on and so on.

Of course he's getting testy because him and his team are getting their testys handed to them.

Latest posts