Re: Derrick Mitchell

Story from other board...went to Ames, driven back to Iowa City. Damn...I'm not trying to further this thing.

I would advise you not draw conclusions from other boards. Those are unfounded rumors. See my post above. He did not travel to Ames and was injured for the Ill. St. game. Beyond that, let's leave conjecture and rumors out of this.

I would advise you not draw conclusions from other boards. Those are unfounded rumors. See my post above. He did not travel to Ames and was injured for the Ill. St. game. Beyond that, let's leave conjecture and rumors out of this.

Awe man. And I thought coming on here to hear about how someone heard from their mailman that his ex girlfriends step kid who was dating Mitchells roommate heard he was in trouble for this that and every other thing was what going on to message boards is all about.

Awe man. And I thought coming on here to hear about how someone heard from their mailman that his ex girlfriends step kid who was dating Mitchells roommate heard he was in trouble for this that and every other thing was what going on to message boards is all about.

Y'know, my actual job title IRL is "Wet Blanket Engineer."

I really appreciate the advice. Thanks much. Don't know what I'd do without you advising me. I never mentioned anything about the true rumor at hand...just a semantics thing on going to Ames or not. You realize if we leave conjecture out of all posts, there will be two, maybe three people posting on this board.

I really appreciate the advice. Thanks much. Don't know what I'd do without you advising me. I never mentioned anything about the true rumor at hand...just a semantics thing on going to Ames or not. You realize if we leave conjecture out of all posts, there will be two, maybe three people posting on this board.

The reason why I said it that matter-of-factly is that this isn't the first DMX thread today, and that first one was removed because of rumor-mongering. We're on the same side, bro. We wanna know what happened. But in order to do that, we just gotta wait for official word OR piece it together from actual real sources out there.

Actually it was yesterday that I started this post and all I said was what I heard on twitter and nothing more. I repeated that nothing was confirmed, but I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard anything especially with Daniels being injured. The last thing we need right now is another AIRBHG situation right now after these two great wins.

I am aware of the rumors. But at this time they are nothing more than that If and until there is anything on the record To discuss, please refrain from posting them here. Thank you

Twitter = not confirmed

Looks like he's suspended due violation of student code of ethics. Per release. I'd link if I knew how from phone.

IOWA CITY, Iowa - University of Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz announced Monday that running back Derrick Mitchell, Jr., has been suspended from the Hawkeye football program.

"Derrick has been suspended due to football program and student life code of conduct violation," said Ferentz. "This is not a legal issue. Derrick is working through the issues at hand in regards to being in good standing as a University of Iowa student. We will follow the established university protocol as we move forward."

Mitchell is a sophomore and a native of St. Louis, Missouri. He has not seen action in two games this season after seeing limited action in six games as a redshirt freshman in 2014.

IOWA CITY, Iowa - University of Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz announced Monday that running back Derrick Mitchell, Jr., has been suspended from the Hawkeye football program.

"Derrick has been suspended due to football program and student life code of conduct violation," said Ferentz. "This is not a legal issue. Derrick is working through the issues at hand in regards to being in good standing as a University of Iowa student. We will follow the established university protocol as we move forward."

Mitchell is a sophomore and a native of St. Louis, Missouri. He has not seen action in two games this season after seeing limited action in six games as a redshirt freshman in 2014.

Man suspension....so no chance he's back for pitt..?

To announce a suspension on Monday and be cleared to play Saturday seems highly unlikely. I really hope it's something minor and gets cleared up quickly though.

That's actually not as bad as it sounded from the rumors. It's not a legal issue so there's probably a decent chance he'll be back eventually.

Suspended for football and UI code of conduct rules. WTF? I know this shouldn't surprise me anymore, but, it is still a head scratcher to me every time this happens. I believe in second chances, depending on the transgression, and if he can get it together, maybe he'll be better for it.

Latest posts